Southern Outlaw Diesel

Ryan, your looking way too far into it. Like Jess said, for less than a grand, you can be ready to race.

The trucks that fit an s300 class are 100 to 1 compared to s400 equipped street trucks. The guys that start out with a 6.7 sometimes do not understand how much harder it is to run an s400 on a 5.9. It's a lot less useable that a 6.7(towing, etc). And its a lot harder for a guy with a 3rd gen mounted s300 to swap over to an s400 than it is for you or me to just swap our turbos out.

Ryan, your looking way too far into it. Like Jess said, for less than a grand, you can be ready to race.

The trucks that fit an s300 class are 100 to 1 compared to s400 equipped street trucks. The guys that start out with a 6.7 sometimes do not understand how much harder it is to run an s400 on a 5.9. It's a lot less useable that a 6.7(towing, etc). And its a lot harder for a guy with a 3rd gen mounted s300 to swap over to an s400 than it is for you or me to just swap our turbos out.

I will second this there are way more trucks running S300 turbos. Its not that big a deal to swap at least on our truck

Same goes for the 12 valve boys, 66m singles here in utah are "big" due to our elevation. If i could i would street a s400, but my truck would loose its fun value pretty quick.

Im finding this class sounds like what i could run. The more we discuss it the more i like this idea, if other organizations could pick it up that would be great! (cant really travel to Florida for one race lol) I might spring for the s366 box stocker instead of the 63 i was looking at. hmmmm :ft:

Then they can run 366's, I'll run a 466, another guy can run a Garrett GTX###, Joe blow down the street can run a 66mm precision, and the guy with the 12v that lives up in the mountains can run his homebrew VGT setup with a 66mm wheel in it, as long as it's not a clipped wheel and all the air comes through a 2.65" hole.... restrictor plate is a restrictor plate... an S366 is not a properly matched turbo for my truck, end of story.

Same goes for the 12 valve boys, 66m singles here in utah are "big" due to our elevation. If i could i would street a s400, but my truck would loose its fun value pretty quick.

Im finding this class sounds like what i could run. The more we discuss it the more i like this idea, if other organizations could pick it up that would be great! (cant really travel to Florida for one race lol) I might spring for the s366 box stocker instead of the 63 i was looking at. hmmmm :ft:

Been through your town with a SPS 66 and it is very true, in Durango it was a pig, I'm a bit better now with the AFC so there is some drive ability.

Jim

Been through your town with a SPS 66 and it is very true, in Durango it was a pig, I'm a bit better now with the AFC so there is some drive ability.

Jim

gotta love that thin mountain air! not much for making power but its sure nice to breathe.

Biggest problem i see with the 366 class is not the stepping down from a bigger turbo its the chevy and ford guys. Thats another can o worms....

I did 11.70 @114 today with an S472, I can only imagine I'll be running right around there with a billet wheel race cover S466.... perfect speeds for heavy street class

I would love to run a "run what you brung" class instead of a bracket class but It sucks for the ones of us that already have the truck setup for the class except for the weight limit. I'm not goin to add 800-1000 pounds to drag race. I always thought the idea was to shed weight, so i guess i'll just stay in 12.0

you're at super-stock weight... add power to run with the go fast kids or add weight and hang out with the fat kids :)

I did 11.70 @114 today with an S472, I can only imagine I'll be running right around there with a billet wheel race cover S466.... perfect speeds for heavy street class

Not to be rude or anything but why not just slow down .3 and run 12.0 if you are already that close to it? It seems stupid to split 2 classes (super stock and 12.0) to run 2 or 3 tenths faster. The majority of the super stock field was running high 11s last year. You are addind another class that is going to pull entries from both classes.

Not to be rude or anything but why not just slow down .3 and run 12.0 if you are already that close to it? It seems stupid to split 2 classes (super stock and 12.0) to run 2 or 3 tenths faster. The majority of the super stock field was running high 11s last year. You are addind another class that is going to pull entries from both classes.

Well said

I would say purely because it's a chance to run a heads up class with trucks built to a set of rules... IMO it's not drag RACING if you have to lift at the big end to not break out..

Been out of town a couple of days and haven't been able to look over some info I was sent. I'm hoping to announce tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but life gets in the way of racing sometimes.

Spec charger class doesn't make it affordable.

And as far as 2.6 being too close to 66mm true bore..

Y'all ain't been round sled pulling much have ya? The 2.6 Class is filled with a bunch of 80-87mm inducer clipped turbos.

So to say that they're close in power is absolute horse____.

A 66mm charger will make about 800rwhp non gated and then shortly lose a thrust bearing. An S300 in a gated S200 housing will be a pile of parts on the dragstrip after a couple of rounds.

It just needs to be 2.6 true bore.. If you want to run a custom HX82 slugged to a 66mm true bore, then so be it.. It's all the same air going in the motor.

Just my opinion of course.

Brayden

4 weeks until Bradenton races... Heavy street? Tick tick tick...

The heavy class should be an s-300 class otherwise you are right back where we were in Super Stock whoever can aford the best cliped s-400 has the best chance to win and that alone will scare people away.
As far as an s300 66 holding up I ran one for 4 yrs and ran 11.65 on fuel with it and drove the truck to the races all over the country. When I pulled it off to put the Super Stock turbo on it was still in great shape.
If you make it an s400 class you might as well open it up and make it a 7000# run what you brung no nitrous class. That way people wont have to change anything and they can run a heads up class with what they have as long as it weighs enough.

Read this as it makes more sense to me. This is what I've been trying to convey as my wishes. This way it allows the Ford's, Chevy's, and Dodges equal opportunity. 66mm wheel, 2.65 inducer, no bushings, and no clipped wheels. Chew on this for me until I get off of work and tell me what you think. Thats about as fair as it gets, I'll be waiting on a reply from racer's.

Plus 99% of the S366 covers ever made, tech 2.655 COLD. Which means your average S366 will not pass tech with a 2.65 plug. Everyone would have to get on the same page as far as the "Plug" demensions used to tech the bore. That way all S366 will pass without any complaints.

Caleb
Attached Images 66MM COMPRESSOR EXAMPLES WEB.jpg (12.1 KB, 0 views)