Southern Outlaw Diesel

If I can Get the Head back on the 1/2 Ton...I'll be there...I may have to load a VW in the bed to race...But I'll be there!

I say make a class for every single individual truck setup, each class will have one entry, so everyone wins their class. There, I figured out the best most awesomest way to have a drag race and make everyone happy. LMAO!

There is already a 2.6 class. So have a 366 class. The guys that are too slow for one and too big for the other can either step up and get faster or throw on a smaller charger. A 400 framed turbo is an advantage over a 300. The bigger turbine is gonna drive the comp harder and give you the ability to make more power. You cant put a 66/87 s400 in the same class as a 66/74 s300. With these two classes available, if a guy can't make his truck fit one of them, then he doesnt wanna race very bad, IMO.

I say make a class for every single individual truck setup, each class will have one entry, so everyone wins their class. There, I figured out the best most awesomest way to have a drag race and make everyone happy. LMAO!

There is already a 2.6 class. So have a 366 class. The guys that are too slow for one and too big for the other can either step up and get faster or throw on a smaller charger. A 400 framed turbo is an advantage over a 300. The bigger turbine is gonna drive the comp harder and give you the ability to make more power. You cant put a 66/87 s400 in the same class as a 66/74 s300. With these two classes available, if a guy can't make his truck fit one of them, then he doesnt wanna race very bad, IMO.

That says it best to me!

:clap: I like the sounds of that.

Im just ready to go race. I dont care what the rules are. Give em to us and lets get ready.

i'll be running in the 12.0 class. never made a 1/4 mile pass before so it should be interesting w/ 28" tires. lol

I wish a decision would just be made on the heavy street so I know if I'm racing 12.0 index too or not

I'm just ready to get my truck scootin down the track. 366 class...HERE I COME...[/B]BUT[/B] not after a quick pitstop at sc this next week to get the trans lined out! :snoop:

Those of you cheering on the S366, are you planning on running the class?

I am. Im just waiting on the word so I can get a turbo on the way. I already have an s400 2.6 turbo on it, but i'll swap for the class and then swap back.

Ryan, there is no reason you cant be in the super stock class. You have pretty much the same truck as aron. You just gotta tune it. What size injectors are you running?

Those of you cheering on the S366, are you planning on running the class?

I probably wont this year because I am set for the Super Stock class. But if the class takes off I will probably put the interior and some things back on my truck and race it next year. I am still 400 # to heavy for SS class.
Really I don't care which way it goes. I think it would be more fair to make it an S-300 class but if it is an S-400 class I can use the Super Stock 2.6 turbo I have right now mine is not a clipped wheel.

Hey Gary, I think you should allow time for a turbo swap between the ss and hs classes. I might just run both with one truck. lol

Ryan, there is no reason you cant be in the super stock class. You have pretty much the same truck as aron. You just gotta tune it. What size injectors are you running?

It is tuned for its setup, HOWEVER, I don't have a cage, nor do I intend to take this truck that far, this is a true to honest god daily driven, trailer hauling, car seat installed, heavy street truck... exactly what this class should be for. I'm running 45% overs on stock bodies, looking at a set of 100% over exergys come tax season time.

I probably wont this year because I am set for the Super Stock class. But if the class takes off I will probably put the interior and some things back on my truck and race it next year. I am still 400 # to heavy for SS class.
Really I don't care which way it goes. I think it would be more fair to make it an S-300 class but if it is an S-400 class I can use the Super Stock 2.6 turbo I have right now mine is not a clipped wheel.

If it has no interior then IMO it's not a street truck and Toolman your truck is beautiful, is deserves to have its full interior and be able to run at street weight... just as we DD them, we can race them.

My official position on this is that if it's going to be an S300 class, I'll watch from the sidelines. It will cost my wife and I nearly $3000 to step down to a race ready S300, add a gate, fab new down pipe and intake etc..... I'm not willing to spend that for something I'll want to take off immediately after the race so I can PUT IT BACK TO THE WAY I DAILY DRIVE IT AND HAUL TRAILERS WITH IT.

I'm off to the track now to do some test & tune with my cast wheel standard cover S472 and get my suspension and EFI live tuned in so I can take my 11.50 truck and run 12.boring with it come the end of February, I hope the verdict is changed and we can run S400 turbos, it could be an amazing class.

Does the track allow camping/campers to stay over night fri/sat? I see it says no hookups.

Whats the pay outs looking like?

found off the shelf BW 66 turbos for under a grand that are drop in replacements for an s400