Southern Outlaw Diesel

Why the animosity? We're all here to enjoy our sport, I'm excited about a heads up class that I fit in, don't rain on my parade Greg :shake:

Why the animosity? We're all here to enjoy our sport, I'm excited about a heads up class that I fit in, don't rain on my parade Greg :shake:

No animosity at all.

Just trying to point out the issues that are holding us back.

It would take much more driving and tuning skills to run 12.0 Index than this new class you whined to get...

Gary,

Why not just make the 12.0 an 11.50 Index then EVERYONE can race ;) Krazeeun can still run all out, heads up and so could all the other "street" trucks regardless of turbo. Just keep your min. weights

We could obviously argue this point until were both blue in the face, by your logic Greg why isn't every class in diesel drag racing index? IMO index is just the "everything else" class.

Let's take a look at the 10.5 outlaw series, which to me the best races to watch on the planet is the 10.5 World Outlaw Street Finals down in Orlando... a whole slew of nasty cars built to a set of rules and running heads up, That's Racing! Edit: for those who aren't familiar, it's not 10.5 index it's 10.5" wide tire..

I think heavy street will do well and is a perfect gap jump between 12.0 index and pro street / super street / etc...

We could obviously argue this point until were both blue in the face, by your logic Greg why isn't every class in diesel drag racing index? IMO index is just the "everything else" class.

I have been lobbying for EXACTLY THAT for YEARS!!

Have 3 Index classes 11.50, 10.0, and 8.50 then EVERYONE could race heads up!!!:rockwoot:

Let's take a look at the 10.5 outlaw series, which to me the best races to watch on the planet is the 10.5 World Outlaw Street Finals down in Orlando... a whole slew of nasty cars built to a set of rules and running heads up, That's Racing! Edit: for those who aren't familiar, it's not 10.5 index it's 10.5" wide tire..

I race every month in an Outlaw series which includes 10.5 Outlaw, ODR, and X275. Diesel racing doesn't have near enough competitors to be compared to a series like this. Besides, like I stated earlier, if you are going to complain about the amount of money you will have to spend, you don't have a dog in the hunt regarding heads-up racing!

I think heavy street will do well and is a perfect gap jump between 12.0 index and pro street / super street / etc...

It makes absolutely no sense at all to create a whole other class for 0.5 seconds!! :rolleyes:

Crying rivers of tears because I didn't want to put an S300 on my 6.7

I've raced motocross, jet-ski's in the IJSBA, competitive swimming in high school and nowhere in any part of my brain does letting off the throttle make any sense to me. I understand someone somewhere enjoys bracket racing. I like going as fast as possible given a set of rules/class to abide by... THATS racing imo

See you guys at the races, can't wait!

I got an idea then build something to run one of the 5 established heads up classes...

I just fear the class is gonna be very slim. Im guessing its gonna be just like super stock. 2-3 trucks in each class.

Exactly lets just make more classes for the few individual peoples setups and dwindle the number of people racing in other class's...

The class may be slim at Bradenton because it's being announced 30 days before the event... However it's the most feasible heads up class for most of the quick DD's out there, I think it'll pick up quickly

HUH? Really? So should we make another class for the guys with quick twin turbo DD's? I guess the guys who opted for the drive-ability of twins are screwed then ? Don't see you trying to make a class for them.

If you feel running mid to high 11's is a "big boy" class...then whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:

Your attitude is exactly why diesel drag racing is having a hard time getting going!! People need to learn how to RACE first...instead of trying to run heads up setting a record for the fastest blue, 4 door, 6.7, with tinted windows and the windows rolled half way down :doh:

:clap: Build it to a class! Don't build a class to your setup.... :bang

If your running 11.50s, then your truck really doesnt fit this class either if anyone builds a truck specifically for it. For Example, my 5.9 truck ran 11.40s at bradenton last year on street tires with a 1.8x 60ft and it weighed in at 6950lbs. I ended up dropping 400 lbs and no change in et, mph or 60ft. Once I got home and played with drag radials, it was running 11.0s with a 1.55 60ft. And that was at the same weight and with the smaller 83mm turbine, true 2.6 66mm. So with just the weight change, the times arent gonna be that different from the super stock class. That is if anyone were to build a truck specifically for this class.

Im not complaining about money, I said I didn't want to spend money on s300 only to take it off immediately to go back to what I run on street. I'm obviously spending money to be competitive in this class.

If you don't like the class then don't run it. I'll be there!

Clearly I'm not winning this battle. Everyone has their opinions, I'm glad I can race heads up. See you guys at the races!!

Im not complaining about money, I said I didn't want to spend money on s300 only to take it off immediately to go back to what I run on street. I'm obviously spending money to be competitive in this class.

If you don't like the class then don't run it. I'll be there!

Don't worry, I won't be running it! :poke:

I run in Pro Street... with a truck that weighs 1000-1500 lbs more than everyone else... BUT I DON"T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, try to change the rules, or have another class "invented" for me.

Guy's, in Ryan's defense I didn't "create" this class for him. This was my idea for Super Stock for last year. I wanted to try it my way this time. After I stated a 300 frame 66 turbo I realized how much it would limit participation. You are still shoving air through a 2.65" hole. This class is for those trucks that I work on everyday. You can run your setup just like you drive it to work or wherever. This way it involves more types of turbo's than just one specific brand. I still have Pro Street, 12.0, and ET and if any Pro Stock or Top Diesel vehicles show up I'll do something for them. If your truck fits into any of these categories then come on out and race. If it doesn't, come watch.

We can't blame you Gary. Your a ford guy so we dont expect you to be real smart.:homo: LOL.

I only work on Ford's and at the moment my Dodge is questionable for my race. Oh yea, bite me Ashly!

Send it up here. We'll put you a big inch CR engine in it and then you can worry about blowing these expensive a** injectors up all the time.

I will say this. I do like the heavy street more than the street stock class rules. I just wish the focus would be on one class not 2. But hey lets be honest I have no plans for running either.

Gary, it looks like you're steering Heavy Street down the same path as Super Stock last year (i.e. S366 changed to SX66) - what exactly is different between these two classes for Bradenton aside from 1k lb. min weight (250 lb. for 2WD)?

Gary, it looks like you're steering Heavy Street down the same path as Super Stock last year (i.e. S366 changed to SX66) - what exactly is different between these two classes for Bradenton aside from 1k lb. min weight (250 lb. for 2WD)?

X2?

Super Stock and Heavy Street are two seperate classes. Heavy Street is for the average guy that comes to the race track and wants to run heads up the way he drove there. Super Stock is 6000lb minimum weight, DOT tires, fuel only, and 2.6 protrusion charger. Heavy Street is 7000lb. minimum weight for a 4x4 and 6250lbs. minimum weight for a two wheel drive, single 2.65 66mm turbo, DOT tires and fuel only. It seems that a large number of people like the idea of Heavy Street. Super Stock entries are WAY down and it seems that interest for that class does not exist. There will be a full program of races at Bradenton in Feb. to include Top Diesel, Pro Stock, Pro Street, a 12.0 index class, and ET brackets with Super Stock and Heavy Street included. I am almost positive that everyone that wants to race will fit in somewhere in that lineup. If you don't, maybe you can build for one of those classes. I will put on this race every year at Bradenton, but judging from the criticism lately there will be only the established classes ran. Gary

Looks like we'll have two heavy street and two pro street entries from our shop this year Gary, I took the entire week off of work the week before the race for thrash time!

I just wish I could figure out how to put about 600# in my truck between rounds so I could run both classes. It will be interesting to see how many guys run the new class.