SS/PS build

I'll be happy with 10's and a truck that goes straight. Cause I don't have my license for 9's yet. Which brings me to another question. I assume you have to make a 9 second pass to get a license for 9's? Be nice if I could do some testing while licensing and run say a 10.3-10.5.

6 passes, a cockpit orientation, and a physical.. Just went through all this myself.. One easy pass, two moderates, one half track, and two 9.99 and faster or two over 135mph.. All 6 have to be single truck runs on timeslip. Also all six need to be witnessed by two nhra license holders of equal or faster class than you are applying for and also the track manager.. Its a big pain in the ass!

6 passes, a cockpit orientation, and a physical.. Just went through all this myself.. One easy pass, two moderates, one half track, and two 9.99 and faster or two over 135mph.. All 6 have to be single truck runs on timeslip. Also all six need to be witnessed by two nhra license holders of equal or faster class than you are applying for and also the track manager.. Its a big pain in the ass!

Thanks. Guess I'll have to get the truck hooked up to run that fast before I worry about it.

Thanks. Guess I'll have to get the truck hooked up to run that fast before I worry about it.

You can obtain your license with any car, truck etc. Doesn't have to be your truck that you are planning on racing in just one that will run 9.99 or better for instance borrowing a buddies car etc.

You can obtain your license with any car, truck etc. Doesn't have to be your truck that you are planning on racing in just one that will run 9.99 or better for instance borrowing a buddies car etc.

Maybe Hogue will let me borrow his....? I may not have baller status enough like laughlin to drive hogues heap. Hell Hogues heap isn't fast enough to even get me licensed. So that's all sorts of out.
Robinson I need to borrow the funny far.

Finding the car etc isn't the hard part its finding the people with competition license's to come watch your passes to sign off on them.

You have to license in the type of ride you are going to race, there are different license classes Anthony. Also depending on the track the truck doesn't have to go 9's as the ones out here have correction factors. The truck has to be certified to run the times you are trying to license for also.

I enjoyed the process of licensing. The passes don't have to be done on the same day either. So maybe make your first 3-4 passes when the truck is running decent but maybe not up to the 9's yet, then when it is you only have a couple left.

Ok so my truck is a 1995 4x4 3/4 ton. I want to put half ton springs in the front. Here are the options.

1/2 ton 2wd spring can have today

1/2 ton 4wd special order no telling...

Will the 1/2 ton 2wd spring be ok for the front?

Ok so my truck is a 1995 4x4 3/4 ton. I want to put half ton springs in the front. Here are the options.

Just measure and cut the coils you have.. Bolt em back in and see how it looks modify til you get the desired height. No sense in spending $ on other springs if you don't have too.

Aren't they WAY shorter? I would think shorter and softer is going to let it drop too much.
Not what I wanted to hear. Go away LOL
Just measure and cut the coils you have.. Bolt em back in and see how it looks modify til you get the desired height. No sense in spending $ on other springs if you don't have too.

They are inexpensive. So it's not a real big deal. Like $80 a set.

I would say wait for the 4wd springs don't want the added rebound of the shorter spring.. $.02

Alright, cutting it is folks. I know the top ring is ground and made to be nearly flat. Is that going to be necessary to do? I guess with some heat and a grinder I could do the same. But do I have to? Don't want that spring being all catty wompus in there.

Cutting them straight off hasn't affected mine in any negative way.

I'd order the 4wd springs, and cut the ones you have for now. I think the softer 1500 4wd springs will help with weight transfer in the long run

Don't have to worry about cutting/ grinding flat. It doesn't affect anything.

Possible to put the engine in the truck with the trans attached? Entire front is off including the fenders. Let me know. Thanks

Possible to put the engine in the truck with the trans attached? Entire front is off including the fenders. Let me know. Thanks

We've tried, the fire wall is the issue, if the oil pan and pick up is off I think you could pull it off otherwise I doubt it

Back