SS/PS build

Alright, cutting it is folks. I know the top ring is ground and made to be nearly flat. Is that going to be necessary to do? I guess with some heat and a grinder I could do the same. But do I have to? Don't want that spring being all catty wompus in there.

I had the exact same worries but cutting mine ended up working out fine. It kind of straightens itself out when you get weight on it. 3/4 of a coil is the max I could go. It lowered mine A LOTTTTT more than I figured it would.

3/4 of a coil in the front and no blocks in the rear it sits low and level.

We've tried, the fire wall is the issue, if the oil pan and pick up is off I think you could pull it off otherwise I doubt it

Like this??

1015788_10200872794160911_285198543_o_zpsf9f348a7.jpg

Like this??

1015788_10200872794160911_285198543_o_zpsf9f348a7.jpg

Yes, but I do have a fork lift and long chain to work with as well. Does it clear? Hell I have more than that taken off the truck. Its fenders and intercooler supports are all off. Or whatever you call those two big uprights that I chopped up to get my hogan intercooler to fit between.
Going to pick up that rear plug behind the cam tonight. Motor and all will go in tomorrow. BAM!

Last edited:
I pulled it out like this...I do have some severe cowl trimming going on though. If you cowl isn't butchered, forget about it.

I pulled it out like this...I do have some severe cowl trimming going on though. If you cowl isn't butchered, forget about it.

Even with a fork lift, long chain and extreme angle? I do have a brand new sawzall if I need it. Just hoping I didn't though.

How about loosening the cab mounts and lifting the cab up a little to give some extra room...

Then I got two brain cells to bump together and realize that's not gonna work with a cage in that sucker. Oh well.

Looks like two options... try to stab it in as-is or split the two. What's so bad about splitting the two if need be?

I have done some by loosening cab bolts and lifting about 6-8 in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

How about loosening the cab mounts and lifting the cab up a little to give some extra room...

Then I got two brain cells to bump together and realize that's not gonna work with a cage in that sucker. Oh well.

Looks like two options... try to stab it in as-is or split the two. What's so bad about splitting the two if need be?

Nothing. I'm doing all the work alone off the floor. Just be nice to put it all together outside of the truck. No trans jack either.

How much are those motor mount bushings? I feel I should give Bean some business.

How much are those motor mount bushings? I feel I should give Bean some business.

01PPUMP I see you reading. Called you last night. Trouble in the waters with your pump. Unfortunately you didn't cause the problem though. :bang I mean, yes you did and I'm gonna need it fixed for free! LOL

01PPUMP I see you reading. Called you last night. Trouble in the waters with your pump. Unfortunately you didn't cause the problem though. :bang I mean, yes you did and I'm gonna need it fixed for free! LOL

Remove drain plugs with a wrench NOT a hammer!!

Remove drain plugs with a wrench NOT a hammer!!

Ohhh.... Welp, too late now. Pump is on it's way back to you. You have the tracking. :nail:

So the motor will wait until the pump gets back. St. Louis race is out at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Ohhh.... Welp, too late now. Pump is on it's way back to you. You have the tracking. :nail:

So the motor will wait until the pump gets back. St. Louis race is out at this point.

i have go to get me one of them valve covers!! looking good ans very clean build.

Had some good help on hand this weekend.

Attachments

• 20140510_192459.jpg
    20140510_192459.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
Motor is in. Truck is being wrapped as we speak. Can't wait to see it finished.

Attachments

• IMG_8264.jpg
    IMG_8264.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9649.jpg
    IMG_9649.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Back