SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

What are you running your settings at to hit 900hp with the SSR?

HLTiming = 33
HLDuration = 35
HLRail = 50

LLTiming = 12
LLDuration = 10
LLRail = 30

The LL settings have since been proven to be to low. I was also spinning tires on the rollers, so when I would increase HLDuration above 35, the hp was going down. I didn't realize that was happening, until I took the truck off the dyno, and noticed the new rubber on the rear quarter panels. You could also see it on the graphs. I need to get it back on the dyno, but I did figure out pretty close where the timing should be.

Paul

HLTiming = 33
HLDuration = 35
HLRail = 50

LLTiming = 12
LLDuration = 10
LLRail = 30

The LL settings have since been proven to be to low. I was also spinning tires on the rollers, so when I would increase HLDuration above 35, the hp was going down. I didn't realize that was happening, until I took the truck off the dyno, and noticed the new rubber on the rear quarter panels. You could also see it on the graphs. I need to get it back on the dyno, but I did figure out pretty close where the timing should be.

Paul

Congrats on the sweet numbers. I recently dyno'd 876 with the smarty TNT fuel only. I did 932 with Nitrous. Both times i never got my big charger lit. The two times i did get it lit i blew the intercooler boot off the one time and the other time i didnt run the window out all the way, was watching my spedo instead of the dyno's. Im hoping to dyno again soon. Im fairly new to the SSR. What are you currently running your settings at now? Im just tryin to get an idea where to start at on the SSR. Im tossing up the idea of keeping it or goin to EFI live later this year.

Took BF off and no codes as was stated

Current settings

Stock Rpm
TQ 1

LLT 15
HLT 20

LLD 18
HLD 18

LLRP 35
HLRP 35

I started with the HLD at 10 and moved it both up and down. EGT's seem more controllable at 18 (highest I have had it) still making 48psi. EGTs are starting to level out at 1500(keep in mind stainless manifold). I would have thought with more HLD and same boost pressure egts would get worse not better?

HLTiming = 33
HLDuration = 35
HLRail = 50

LLTiming = 12
LLDuration = 10
LLRail = 30

Paul

Maybe a dumb question, but were you spraying when you did the 900 (noticed it in your sig)?

What are you currently running your settings at now?

I hate to say right at this moment. Not because I'm trying to hide anything, I just don't want to lead someone in the wrong direction. I'll know more after this weekend.

Paul

Maybe a dumb question, but were you spraying when you did the 900 (noticed it in your sig)?

Not a dumb question at all. It was on fuel only. In fact I haven't run the nitrous at the track or on the dyno. Initially I was going to use it to help spool when staging, but so far that has not been a factor. Having the tank in the bed does have a certain "bling" factor. :hehe:

Paul

I got my truck runing pretty good seems like it pulls vary hard here's my settings

Rpm high
Shift de stock
Tqm stock
Llt15
Hlt22
Lld18
Hld35
Llr15
Hlr30

Ssr spools great and barlry any smoke I found a great street tune for my truck hopefully get on a dyno monday or tuesday and see what it will do

Not a dumb question at all. It was on fuel only. In fact I haven't run the nitrous at the track or on the dyno. Initially I was going to use it to help spool when staging, but so far that has not been a factor. Having the tank in the bed does have a certain "bling" factor. :hehe:

Paul

Thanks for answering my question. I agree with the the "bling" factor and the "intimidation" factor doesnt hurt either.... :rockwoot:

Im getting mine next week and after all of the good info I have read on here, I'm even more excited to see what my truck is capable of! :woohoo:

I hate to say right at this moment. Not because I'm trying to hide anything, I just don't want to lead someone in the wrong direction. I'll know more after this weekend.

Paul

Thats fine. Im just trying to figure out there best SSR tune possible to lay down good numbers at this dyno competition i am going to attend in rock springs next week. I have an SSR from a buddy, just havent had time to tune it. I have big twins, big sticks, dual cp3s and a fully built motor and trans, just wondering who all has a similar build and has big numbers from SSR pulls on a dyno.

how big are the twins? and how bout injectors? Raining here today so no high power tuning today, might drop timing another point and duration about 5 see if that helps my rattle down low. Also somehow have to replace a sway bar end link that broke again, and do brakes on the wife's ride. O the joys of not having a garage.

how big are the twins? and how bout injectors? Raining here today so no high power tuning today, might drop timing another point and duration about 5 see if that helps my rattle down low. Also somehow have to replace a sway bar end link that broke again, and do brakes on the wife's ride. O the joys of not having a garage.

My new set of twins is a 72 over 100. They are huge. They were custom built by EPR, only set of dodge twins so far out of his shop. Running DDP 300 hp injectors, PPE Dual CP3's, And a race build by Randys machine shop. I just want to get some good settings to start with for some big numbers and see if anyone has a comparable set up to mine.

Good lor thats a big set o twins. 300 sticks are justified and SSR should make them a blast to drive. You're tires migbt hate you tho

I won the Street DOT race at Medford friday night using the SSR. I dialed 11.25 each round, and the final round it ran a 11.258, on the 11.25 dial. It ran very consistient and was each to race. Having the ability to adjust the LL settings makes it easier to build boost and get it staged. Race weight was 7250lbs., mph was +- 121.89.

I'm going to like racing with the SSR this season.

Paul

Last edited:
I won the Street DOT race at Medford friday night using the SSR. I dialed 11.25 each round, and the final round it ran a 11.258, on the 11.25 dial. It ran very consistient and was each to race. Having the ability to adjust the LL settings makes it easier to build boost and get it staged. Race weight was 7250lbs., mph was +- 121.89.

I'm going to like racing with the SSR this season.

Paul

Awesome numbers man, i hope to see the 11's one day haha

Good lor thats a big set o twins. 300 sticks are justified and SSR should make them a blast to drive. You're tires migbt hate you tho

Yeah, there pretty big... i think with the SSR or EFI live i can turn it back into a daily driver and still throw out 1000 hp haha j/k

Back