SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Im seeing some low LLT numbers getting posted on here. Im up to LLT 22 and still dont have any rattle or a better way of putting it is the engine still sounds ok. Marco said to listen and drive but Im getting concerned with continueing to bump it up. I have the HLT at 30 and dont wanna go past there till I can get on a dyno. The HL and LL are getting very close to each other. Any input?
Heres where Im at
LLT 22
HLT 30
LLD 20
HLD 30
LLRP 15
HLRP 30

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Marco had it so some of the codes would not keep re-appearing? In my case, I got rid of the grid heater but I keep getting the 2 codes for it. I also got rid of my fuel filter on the engine so I get a code for the fuel heater.

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Marco had it so some of the codes would not keep re-appearing? In my case, I got rid of the grid heater but I keep getting the 2 codes for it. I also got rid of my fuel filter on the engine so I get a code for the fuel heater.

It must know it's in a FORD!!!

LOL

Sorry dude! J/K
Had to take that one. It was too easy. :)

Im seeing some low LLT numbers getting posted on here. Im up to LLT 22 and still dont have any rattle or a better way of putting it is the engine still sounds ok. Marco said to listen and drive but Im getting concerned with continueing to bump it up. I have the HLT at 30 and dont wanna go past there till I can get on a dyno. The HL and LL are getting very close to each other. Any input?
Heres where Im at
LLT 22
HLT 30
LLD 20
HLD 30
LLRP 15
HLRP 30

how big are your sticks?

So the testing of this new " beta " software for the shift delay is looking good.
Time for a few more people to give it a try. I would really appreciate if some more of you guys would give it a try and see how it does.

For now, I don't want to publish it on our website. Then more testing is done then better before an release to the public.... Anyway, the "SSR1.2" software can be found here :

http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SSR59V403AR12A.7z

Please let me know your findings!

Thanks,

Marco

So the testing of this new " beta " software for the shift delay is looking good.
Time for a few more people to give it a try. I would really appreciate if some more of you guys would give it a try and see how it does.

For now, I don't want to publish it on our website. Then more testing is done then better before an release to the public.... Anyway, the "SSR1.2" software can be found here :

http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SSR59V403AR12A.7z

Please let me know your findings!

Thanks,

Marco

Would it be safe to assume that this new "beta" software deals only with the shift delay? Or have other adjustments been made? The reason I ask is because I have a 6spd and won't update to the new software if it doesn't affect me.

Thanks

Marco does this need to be done on a truck with no shift enhancers, I have a dtt shift enhancer on it now

I thought what Marco was relating to is the shift between LL and HL.

Last edited:
The delay that Marco is referring to is the lag in power after a shift. Swole was the first to report it, and then others (including myself), also experienced the problem. On my truck this update totally takes care of the problem. I raced with this update last weekend, and the lag was totally gone.

You may also want to play with your low level settings after installing the update. I did not have to use as much LLTiming as I did before. The way I was able to eliminate the lag before was by increasing LLTiming. I do not have to do that now.

As far as a manual transmission. The benefit is also probably there to, but it may not be as noticable as it is with an auto.

Paul

Here are the settings that I am currently racing with:
LLTiming = 14 (was 24 with the previous version)
HLTiming = 28
LLRail = 30
HLRail = 40
LLDur = 15
HLDur = 32

With these settings I ran 11.25 at +-121.89. Truck currently weighs 7250 with me in it. Leaving with a 15psi launch.

Paul

HLTiming = 28
LLRail = 30
HLRail = 40
LLDur = 15
HLDur = 32

With these settings I ran 11.25 at +-121.89. Truck currently weighs 7250 with me in it. Leaving with a 15psi launch.

Paul

What size are your twins? Im just trying to get a starting point.

I see alot of people running HLT in the upper 20's low 30's. Some with similar setups to mine but most have cams. I'm running my HLT at 20 to be safe and would like to bump it up a little. How does the aftermarket cam affect the timing compared to my stock cam? I'm thinking of bumping my HLT 22. I may have the chance to hit the rollers this weekend but it will be 3 pulls and off.

I have ran the SSR with multiple settings and i have not found a good tune to run on. I get more cracking and popping running the SSR then i do with my TNT. I think im gonna have to wait till EFI live comes out to get my truck running cherry.

The delay that Marco is referring to is the lag in power after a shift. Swole was the first to report it, and then others (including myself), also experienced the problem. On my truck this update totally takes care of the problem. I raced with this update last weekend, and the lag was totally gone.

You may also want to play with your low level settings after installing the update. I did not have to use as much LLTiming as I did before. The way I was able to eliminate the lag before was by increasing LLTiming. I do not have to do that now.

As far as a manual transmission. The benefit is also probably there to, but it may not be as noticable as it is with an auto.

Paul

This is Good news! Thanks for the early testing Sir!
I'm only one more work day from getting my truck running... I'll have to start testing this update just as soon as I get it broken in and my re-torques done..

BTW, is this post above using the "newest" update that Marco just posted?
Aron upgraded mine to the current "published" software about two weeks ago or so.... Should I go ahead and update it again with Marco's latest upgrade?

HLTiming = 28
LLRail = 30
HLRail = 40
LLDur = 15
HLDur = 32

Paul

Going to try these settings too... Of course yours setup is a good bit bigger than mine..Fuel and Air...

Isn't your truck a Standard Cab truck?
How is your weight so close to mine with mine being a QC truck?

What elevation are you testing / running at? Temps?
Seems with your inj. size and turbo sizes, that you be a bit quicker / faster than that.... Not discounting the times / mph...They are awesome...

I have ran the SSR with multiple settings and i have not found a good tune to run on. I get more cracking and popping running the SSR then i do with my TNT. I think im gonna have to wait till EFI live comes out to get my truck running cherry.

Not saying I don't believe ya but I think you're the first I seen out of any forum that is having Neg. result with SSR.... What Gives?
Is your setup really different or something?

bigbaddodge9088,
what year is your truck and did you try the 1.2 software? What exactly is the cracking and popping you mention? I mean, is it timing rattle or else? Let's find out what your problem is and find a solution for it. It was somewhat to be expected that certain trucks would have required new / different solutions. Even after one year of beta tests....

Now to explain a little better what the 1.2 software does. I've worked on the LL to HL transitions, especially for the timing . That's what fixed PaulB's hesitation after a shift.

David, yup, Paul has doen the testing with the latest 1.2 software.

Marco

Back