SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Although I don't see notice the dealy in the shift like some people r saying might be the earlier trucKs only ?

if your rail is only maintaining 20k wot , you may have to lower the duration.

Correct me if I'm off base here but tuning the rail to snap the pressure to with minimal dip and maintain closer to 24,000 is going to be rather optimal.

if you hit the throttle and the rail "dips" there's a good chance there's a puff of smoke behind you.

Mine will be here today :Cheer: Here is where I am thinking about starting but I will take suggestions. In theory this is in the middle between stock and the TNTR#7

LLT 15
HLT 20

LLD 23
HLD 8

LLRP 25
HLRP 25

Newest settings
LLT 20
HLT 24
LLRP 15
HLRP 20
LLDR 10
HLDR 10

Started dialing in on the track tonite it ran 14.46 and got down to 14.13 with those settings.

R/T .899 yea i was sleeping
60ft 1.97
330 5.75
1/8 8.96
1000 11.70
1/4 14.13

Have to keep tuning for the track, but this setup on the street run great. What am I missing on the track? I was running 13.8 last year with just s-06 on level 9.

Your HLDuration is a lot less then it would have been with the s-06 on level 9. You need to get on a dyno so you can get your LLTiming set. What you have now is safe, but you are probably below peak hp by quite a bit. I wouldn't try going much higher without going on a dyno.

What were your 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile, mph?

Paul

Your HLDuration is a lot less then it would have been with the s-06 on level 9. You need to get on a dyno so you can get your LLTiming set. What you have now is safe, but you are probably below peak hp by quite a bit. I wouldn't try going much higher without going on a dyno.

What were your 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile, mph?

Paul

1/8th was 76.67
1/4 was 93.73

Going to get on the dyno but its outside and the damn rain wont stop here.

Will the SSR ever be able to release us a little more RPM? Sled pullers could use some added RPM? Sorry if this has been answered and i missed it, everything looks great though!

Got mine today. Thanks Bob! Been running tnt-r so trying to equal the power of it. After a bunch of adjusting I think I have managed to match the power tnt-r 9 for my truck.
LLT 20
HLT 30
LLD 20
HLD 30
LLRP 15
LLRP 25

The power is awesome. Seems to come in a little sooner and it pulled hard to 3800rpm and best of all, the smoke is all but gone. A little puff and then clean. Im hesitant to raise the HLT till I can get it on a dyno. So far no timing rattle at all, transition from low to high levels is smooth. Im really liking this ssr.

I noticed Marco posted the settings that was pretty comparable to tnt/r #7.
Maybe he could do the same for #9????

^^^I loaded those settings out of the box minus the rp at 50 for LL and HL and it didnt pull near as hard on mine. I'm going by some hard pulls on back roads and using the butt dyno to compare. I didnt buy the ssr to make more power than the tnt-r, just to get the smoke under control, accomplished, and to move the power band up a few rpms, sure feels like thats accomplished. If it makes any extra hp, that will just be an added bonus!

Well I loaded my inbeteeen stock and 7

Torque 1
Stock RPM

LLT 15
HLT 20

LLD 23
HLD 10

LRP 25
HLP 25

Man this thing makes some power blew my top rad. Hose 1/2 mile from the house! Could have been caused by not putting the clamp on after the coolant bypass install :bang Got that all taken care of will have to test tomorrow

The settings I posted above gave some pretty good SOP feel! Like others have said smoke is same as gone if I get to 5psi before hammering it. RP is only seeing 22 and dropping to 20ish at wot. I think I will raise LL & HL RP to 30. Egts are getting up pretty quick. I think advancing the timing will help with this HLT to 25?? If I'm already Hot on the top end there isn't any reason to mess with duration right? Correct me if I'm wrong duration is the amount of time fuel is injected? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around this!!!!

The settings I posted above gave some pretty good SOP feel! Like others have said smoke is same as gone if I get to 5psi before hammering it. RP is only seeing 22 and dropping to 20ish at wot. I think I will raise LL & HL RP to 30. Egts are getting up pretty quick. I think advancing the timing will help with this HLT to 25?? If I'm already Hot on the top end there isn't any reason to mess with duration right? Correct me if I'm wrong duration is the amount of time fuel is injected? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around this!!!!

Just remember SOP meter will only take you so far...Becareful with extra timing until you can get dyno time..

Uping the RP will be okay I bet..Marco said he was fairly conservative with it.. Using a pressure box / dial and rolling it up to 100% would certainly be worse on things than the SSR... So play with it and see..

Remember, A CR and EGT's do not conform to normal lodgic...
I would agree that Duration doesn't need to go up right now... Yes, Duration is the amount of time that fuel is delivered during a shot...

If you increase timing, that amount of fuel will be deliver Sooner... EGT's will probably go down but since you have more time to burn that fuel, the Cylinder pressures will go UP and so does the cylinder TEMP!!

With a CR, you can melt it down with fairly low EGT's.... EGT's can be used for tuning but don't put so much stock in what the EGT's say...

Last edited:
Thanks Swole! I think I will up the RP first and see what happens. I may have the chance to dyno at an event next week but I'm sure it will be 3 pulls and off. Can much be determined from such a graph? I do not want push my luck with the HLT :doh: Hopefully in a within a month I can get on a dyno for tuning.

Thanks Swole! I think I will up the RP first and see what happens. I may have the chance to dyno at an event next week but I'm sure it will be 3 pulls and off. Can much be determined from such a graph? I do not want push my luck with the HLT :doh: Hopefully in a within a month I can get on a dyno for tuning.

Yeah, you'll be able to see a good base line graph and someone that knows dyno graph's will be able to tell you what it looks like you need to do..

But yes, 3 pulls and off will only tell you where you're at now..

You'll need a few hours to change settings and rerun to notice real benefits to the changes or not..

How hot is hot? How much boost are you running? Depending on where you are in the turbo map, you may not see an increase in EGT's as you increase duration. With more fuel you can see an increase in boost, and not see a climb in EGT's. My 05 makes about the same EGT's at 700hp (boost is ~65psi), as it does at 900 (boost is ~82psi). Try increasing the HLDuration a couple of numbers and see if the EGT's increase. If it does, then back it down again. Becareful on trying to do to much until you get on a dyno and figure out the HLTiming. Getting it dialed in, will make a hugh difference.

Oh, also try running it without the Quad boost fooler. The SSR won't set an over boost code, it does it's own "boost fooling".

As far as the rail pressure you'll just have to play with that. If you increase it to high, you may end up draining the rail. I don't have problems making enough rail pressure. I can say that with the HLRail set to 50, it gets to 25,500 a little to quick for me. I set it down to 40. It didn't seem to matter on peak hp.

Paul

How hot is hot? How much boost are you running? Depending on where you are in the turbo map, you may not see an increase in EGT's as you increase duration. With more fuel you can see an increase in boost, and not see a climb in EGT's. My 05 makes about the same EGT's at 700hp (boost is ~65psi), as it does at 900 (boost is ~82psi). Try increasing the HLDuration a couple of numbers and see if the EGT's increase. If it does, then back it down again. Becareful on trying to do to much until you get on a dyno and figure out the HLTiming. Getting it dialed in, will make a hugh difference.

Oh, also try running it without the Quad boost fooler. The SSR won't set an over boost code, it does it's own "boost fooling".

As far as the rail pressure you'll just have to play with that. If you increase it to high, you may end up draining the rail. I don't have problems making enough rail pressure. I can say that with the HLRail set to 50, it gets to 25,500 a little to quick for me. I set it down to 40. It didn't seem to matter on peak hp.

Paul

What are you running your settings at to hit 900hp with the SSR?

I have been too lazy to take off my mp8....it has always been there and barely on. Think its an issue?

I changed LLRP and HLRP to 35 and now it holds 23-24K WOT I'm happy there. Love how it drives. I'm making 48psi which is 3 more than I could hit with smarty TNT on 9. On a hard pull in 6th (closed course of course) I'm at 1550 and climbing when I let out just under 100mph. I have an AFE stainless exhaust mainifold and the paperwork said it would show 100 degrees hotter due to holding heat in(still getting use to that) So equivalent to 1450 with cast when I let out. I know that's not outrageous on heat, just playing it safe for now. HLT at 20 should be safe to run until I get it dialed in right? I will adjust the HLD a little at see what happens. I also will take off the BF and confirm that it's not needed. Thanks for all the help guys. SSR also seems to load quicker than the S06 POD

Back