SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Would it be safe to run an injector bigger than a 90 in the arson3 now that things are running smoother?

I got the rattle still at 10's, waiting for the release of the pilot kill update............ but still smiling after yesterdays little romp.

The purpose of the pilot injection is to make the engine run quieter. Why do you think getting rid of it will get rid of the rattle? Not bashing, just not following the thought process.

Paul

Hey guys,
just a quick note. Don't waste too much time right now trying to find the best possible settings.

I have a new "beta" software out that's supposed to get rid of the lag between the shifts. To get there I had to go through all parameters in order to find a different match between them. This new software is close to the previous one but it's not the same. As you have seen by now, the tiny differences can make for a hugh difference...

The first ( partial ) results from this latest software seem promising but more testing is needed to validate the results. As soon as I get more feedback,and IF they're positive, I'll release this new version.

End of the line should be that it's possible to finer match the LL / HL levels and thus get rid of the delay during the shifts a few beta testers had reported.

Sorry for the inconvenience but trying to make a product better just never stops for me.

Marco

:clap: :clap:

A picture worth more than a Million Dollars.

100+grand.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Marco!

Edit: and the contining improvements!

Last edited:
Marco gives you all those options, and what do you do? Run them all the same. Geez!!! :-)

Paul

I know :) I haven't had the time or open road to play with the higher level stuff. I've had big differences between rail, timing and duration. They seem to play nicer closer together on the low end. :)

paul b . my tho9ught process is the pilot injection is earlier than the main shot, and with stock injectors not a big deal. As injector size increases, so does the amount of fuel in this pilot shot. The pilot being early, now has more energy being released while the piston is still traveling upwards. Even if the pilot is 3 degrees before the main event the subsequent battle is heard as a rattle. At least this is my thinking, I have no idea how much earlier the pilot shot is. Other ideas of being able to fire the injectors longer also come to mind, not "using up all the electrical energy" by a wastefull pilot shot. MTBF should go up as well, one less event of open close for the solenoid.

Newest settings
LLT 20
HLT 24
LLRP 15
HLRP 20
LLDR 10
HLDR 10

Started dialing in on the track tonite it ran 14.46 and got down to 14.13 with those settings.

R/T .899 yea i was sleeping
60ft 1.97
330 5.75
1/8 8.96
1000 11.70
1/4 14.13

Have to keep tuning for the track, but this setup on the street run great. What am I missing on the track? I was running 13.8 last year with just s-06 on level 9.

Woodsrat.. Looks like you can stand a good bit more HL Duration... Setting 10 may be too low for top end charge.

what rail pressure did you maintain down the track? what were your egt's, what was your boost? need to know more than just a et to suggest anything, did it rattle? did it pop ?

Cant suggest settings for ya but i just talked with another happy customer while on his first run with ssr. All of a sudden he starts yellin about how hard his truck is pulling...... guess he likes it!

Chance, Put your HL RP on 30, the HL DUR on 20, and your HL Tim on 20

Set your LL setings to something simple like Jasons idea 10/10/10...

See how it reacts with those differences so you can see transition from LL to HL...

Then start fine tuning from there.. Only changing one thing at a time...

Get you LL levels set for Daily Driving / Spool / Smoke control.

Then go to the HL settings to fine tune for max hp or whatever your goal is..

You may want to keep thd LL and HL levels as close as possible in differences... It will make the transition smoother..

It will take a while to get it just right for the perfect compromise..

Last edited:
what rail pressure did you maintain down the track? what were your egt's, what was your boost? need to know more than just a et to suggest anything, did it rattle? did it pop ?

Rail pulled down to around 20000. EGTs where 1450-1500, boost is about 44psi. No rattle or pop. Truck ran damn strong and is great on the street. Just have to get the et down some. I have injectors, cam, water/meth sitting at the shop just want to see how far I can take this setup now.

Last edited:
Tired llt 15 lld15 llr15 hlt20 hld30 hlr30
It rattled like a sob down low pulled alright not much smoke gonna change the llr a bit see if that's what's causeing rattleing

Back