SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

So with the new v1.2 software do the stock like numbers change any? Just trying to figure out a starting point with my mods. Just pulled my injectors last night they are going to F1 on Monday When I get them back, my SSR should be in hand too.

Any advice would be great or recomended starting point for a daily driver.

Thanks, Lee

I loaded the 1.2 yesterday I hope to get sometime seat time this weekend.

Nope. The pilot injection makes for a "softer" combustion start. Without the pilot the combustion will be harsher. Go figure what the rattle you have will do without the pilot injection ( sharper raise in cylinder pressure ) ...

It is my "impression" that there are two different kinds of "rattle" you guys talk about. One being the combustion noise due to advanced timing. chance cobb says it's now gone. In this case I say " it's a D I E S E L ". Diesel's rattle....

The second one like mikmaze's has nothing to do with the timing advance.
I think I know what it is but that has nothing to do with what can be done through the software. The problem comes from the injection sytem hardware.
At least that's what I've been able to gather thus far.

Marco

I wouldn't say it is completely gone but it goes away a lot faster and is a lot less quieter then it was before. I can live with it how it is now I also noticed that the settings seem to be a lot more sensitive then before the update. so I believe I can possibly get rid of the rattle with more tuning hopefully if not oh well.

I wouldn't say it is completely gone but it goes away a lot faster and is a lot quieter than it was before. I can live with it how it is now I also noticed that the settings seem to be a lot more sensitive then before the update. so I believe I can possibly get rid of the rattle with more tuning hopefully if not oh well.

Fixed it for ya!!

lol

Last edited:
Nope. The pilot injection makes for a "softer" combustion start. Without the pilot the combustion will be harsher. Go figure what the rattle you have will do without the pilot injection ( sharper raise in cylinder pressure ) ...

It is my "impression" that there are two different kinds of "rattle" you guys talk about. One being the combustion noise due to advanced timing. chance cobb says it's now gone. In this case I say " it's a D I E S E L ". Diesel's rattle....

The second one like mikmaze's has nothing to do with the timing advance.
I think I know what it is but that has nothing to do with what can be done through the software. The problem comes from the injection sytem hardware.
At least that's what I've been able to gather thus far.

Marco

by all means Marco, I am all ears on the subject of a mechanical cause to the rattle, and if you could shed some insight into this, I would be more than happy to share the info with my injector builder to see if it is perhaps something they overlooked. The rattle with the flux 2's were on brand new bodies, and now with 3.5's on another set of brand new bodies makes me scratch my head.

If I had a quality audio recording device, I would be happy to record it o share.

Went for a run tonite. I'm amazed how much smoother the 1.2 is. Of course I'm not surprised, it seems the Smarty brand has a handle on the problem areas.
I have the settings low, I have no timing rattle or pressure noise. My garretts spool on a dime, smoke is manageable. No surging, or hesitation. Seems smooth through all 6 shifts!

Good work on this Marco & Bob

1.2 saved...guess I'll update before I reload the ssr on my truck this weekend.

Good report Rob. You also had an early beta versions. It's all paying off.

Thanks

Just uploaded mine with the new software. Very nice and very smooth. Good job Marco!!!

This was worth every penny, never used a smarty before, was trying to use ats etuner. It was not working with what I got. I'm sure that some one will correct me if I'm wrong, but the pod feature will work perfict with my turbo. I am running a he451ve with fleece controller, I'll tune for max boost, and use the pod to ajust fueling when open my turbo up with the controller

Code:
Took BF off and no codes as was stated

Current settings

Stock Rpm
TQ 1

LLT 15
HLT 20

LLD 18
HLD 18

LLRP 35
HLRP 35

I started with the HLD at 10 and moved it both up and down. EGT's seem more controllable at 18 (highest I have had it) still making 48psi. EGTs are starting to level out at 1500(keep in mind stainless manifold). I would have thought with more HLD and same boost pressure egts would get worse not better?

Ok guys I took my truck back to stock and put the update on the SSR and set everything back to these same settings. I now get a pop/miss and a touch of white/grey smoke anytime I'm cruising and get off the throttle then back on throttle around 2000 Rpms. Not flooring just hard enough to maintain speed. It's the worst if you downshift and get back on it. I even tried the settings similar to stock as well as others, still does it. Set truck back to stock and have no issues. Suggestions? Could I be draining the rail? I have a digital RP gauge and doesn't drop anymore than it has been but I also doubt it reacts fast enough to see it.

Last edited:
I've been playing with the SSR the last couple days and its impressive. Great job! All but a little puff of smoke on initial wot pass and it clears. I started out wit close to sw 7 settings and dialed back on the lld. I did notice on very light throttle/crusie I had timing rattle(or believe so). This is all with the first version. I downloaded the lastest program, drove it to work this morning and seems to be gone. I'll listen to it better after work.
I really need to write everything down, and I'll get to that tonight.
Thanks again for the great product!

Last edited:
Nice News everyone!

1.2 sounds very promising for me after today..Should fire it up by tonight :)

Code:
Suggestions? Could I be draining the rail? I have a digital RP gauge and doesn't drop anymore than it has been but I also doubt it reacts fast enough to see it.

As a place to start, I would set the HL and LL rail pressure to 1, and then work up from there. No sense going higher then what your CP3 will support. Look for smooth pressure transitions, and that it will maintain pressure during throttle applications. At least as much as possible. As you said it maybe hard to do with the digital gauge. I use a ISSPRO Performax rail pressure gauge, and it responds so quickly it's easy to pressure changes.

On my truck I ended up using lower timing numbers for the LL timing with the new update. I went from 24 to 14. Small changes will make a big difference. Change the numbers by about 2 and try again.

Hope this helps...
Paul

I took the long way home running;
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLRP 30
HLRP 40
LLD. 27
HLD. 21

Egt's aren't a issue and neither is smoke. Rp is a constant at 24500 give or take. I'm pretty sure I can add some more duration and rail pressure up top, but kinda nervous about messing with timing without a dyno. I'm seeing around 50psi of boost through out the pull. I did a WOT pass in 5th gear starting at 1200rpm to around 3600. Like I stated earlier I'm running v1.2, with no timing rattle on my setup.

Pulled the SSR beta and installed this release unit and used close to TNTr 7 settings. No throttle response. Tried alot of differnet combos and nothing. Works stock and works with beta SSR and works with pod-06 tnt. Not sure what the deal is. Shot an email to Info@mads have not herd back!

In 99.9% or the trucks the TNTR will not load back to the truck since the SSR will leave a newer Chrysler stock software.

In 99.9% or the trucks the TNTR will not load back to the truck since the SSR will leave a newer Chrysler stock software.

Went dyno today was a waste after 3 hours of messing with truck guy that owned dyno told me I was the 4th diesel he had run. So no results for now. I loaded TNT-R back on truck while was there. I hadnt up dated to new SSR yet. Hope to have results in few weeks

Back