SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

The settings I ended up with using version 1.6b are:
LLT = 45
LLD = 50
LLR = 25
HLT = 45
HLD = 50
HLR = 25
I tryed this and the motor was about to come apart with the rattle!

If 1.6 has no power up top why are y'all even phucking with it?
Let Marco tweak it then try again.

Nice paul! How does it drive with those settings on the street? Clean? How are the rattles?

It actually spools quicker with less smoke. Mainly due to the increased timing I would guess.

No rattles at all that I can hear.

I'm pretty much out of air at this point. I could have added more rail pressure for more fuel, but I was out of air. With the extra 90 hp, my wastegate setting is no longer correct. I'm now driving the bottom charger to hard. There is probably a few hp there.

Paul

It actually spools quicker with less smoke. Mainly due to the increased timing I would guess.

No rattles at all that I can hear.

I'm pretty much out of air at this point. I could have added more rail pressure for more fuel, but I was out of air. With the extra 90 hp, my wastegate setting is no longer correct. I'm now driving the bottom charger to hard. There is probably a few hp there.

Paul

Hmm. I dunno then. got the exact oppsite under 20psi... :( its better with 15b, not 100% but much better.

Im assuming that 1.6 is totally different than all the previous versions? Im going by the drastic differences in Paul's settings from 1.5 to 1.6. Strange how everyone is saying no top end power yet he made 100hp more with 1.6, Im confused. Lol

I'm confused too. I'm more interested in the < 20psi performance vs Paul seeing as our fuel is very similar. The only conclusion I can figure is different base os differences messing with things. if I load up 1.6 and run his LL numbers I should be rattle free and minimal smoke to get around town with traffic... right? Paul, care to mount a go pro and go for a drive. got to move just a hair faster then traffic. I'll do the same with 1.5 and 1.6

right now it's nearly clean and almost rattle free no matter what. exception being from idle to WOT, that's smokey. heh.

Last edited:
1.6b settings are totally different then 1.5. I meant to mention that in my first message. That was why my best settings for 1.5 were so much different then my 1.6 settings.

Marco explained that with 1.6b he made the max settings (50), equal to the max he had ever seen as being useful. For example if a setting in 1.5 above 40 was never useful then 40 in 1.5 is now equal to 50 in 1.6. Again that was just an example, not a fact. IMO there are a couple of advantages with this. One, it keeps me from doing something really stupid. Now I can only do mildly stupid things. Second, it makes the scalar much finer. It allows for finer tuning. The 1-50 now is spread across only useful settings.

Jason, have you tried capping the rail? Just curious to see if you are popping the PRV. Like UNBROKEN said, don't be afraid of the rail cap, be afraid of software, and hardware that causes rail spikes. Having said that, stacking two things that control rail pressure will surely lead to diaster. With the SSR set the rail high (for me 25 is all the fuel I can handle) when racing or dynoing, and then back to 1 (or whatever) for daily driving. I have to say though, I drove home yesterday with it still set to 25, and with normal driving the rail pressure was normal. Marco has done a good job on the rail pressure maps.

Paul

Last edited:
thank you for that explanation, makes sense as to why it was easier to tune out the rattle and maintain good spool up characteristics while having minimal smoke output

Paul, I had a hunch the 1.6 settings were utterly different :) I had the LLT up to 32, the rattle only got worse. Rail cap. got one, but not installed. 1.5 and older alway found a way to hang the throttle, even lifting slowly. it's rare but possible with rail setting under 10, closer to 5 is where i run it. it was a serious problem with the manual trans. I got a higher pop off valve I may put on before I cap it at the track next year.

1.6 never hung the rail for me for sure. duration numbers where the same for me, the higher the smokier, even staging I had to run 10 to keep it clean and quick spooling.

1.6 runs good on my truck. Just loaded it tried Pauls numbers for a starting point. Good power and spool up, no rail hang and no rattle at all. So far Im liking it. My biggest issue is maintaining rp in 6th gear. I need dual pumps. This stage 3 just cant recover from a full throttle romp.

This Sux!!

I freakin blow my truck up and have to part out and now 1.6 is out where great safer gains are being made...

:(

Back