SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

My email to Marco stated that I was getting request for 1.6..

He sent it with a note on warnings to share and instructions for requested RPM's...

So I took that as I could distribute...
He know helped distribute most all the versions

The consistency is awesome between them two.. I got just a request to test, I said yes and that for the most part was it..

I downloaded 1.6b, however when I plug my smarty in, it read sr16a. Does everyone else's smarty read that too? I just want to make sure I have 1.6b before I mess with the higher timining values

I downloaded 1.6b, however when I plug my smarty in, it read sr16a. Does everyone else's smarty read that too? I just want to make sure I have 1.6b before I mess with the higher timining values

The difference between 1.6a and 1.6b is that high-idle didn't work for me with 1.6a. there may be more changes. I had the same version issue and let Bob/Marco know of the ms-matched version (file vs on smarty screen version). Can't get any lower hanging fruit then that to fix. heh. Nice to know my feed back doesn't get back to marco.

What all is involved in that to get it to work with your dash, sensors, etc..

Or an 05 ECU. I have alot less rattle (still there the colder the temperature is) with 1.5b. It seems 05+ trucks have less issues then 03-04.5 trucks that are heavily modified. am I off on this?

Smoke19d,
I just downloaded from the site and after uploading to my handheld it is showing 1.6B on my device...

HAHA 05 and earlier are pci sci and o6 is can c.. Have fun with that swap gonna take alot of other parts for it to work correctly!

From what I have herd efi for the earlier trucks is right around the corner =) weee Finally gonna be able to know wtf I am changing! WEee

Last edited:
Well, the download from the site displays 16b on the Smarty so I'm not sure what the deal was with the other file.

03/04 trucks with the right hard parts do. Not have any of these urban legend rattles. 1.5 is staying in my truck....still wow!

Back