SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Food for thought...everytime it gets "silent" in the Smarty camp....a bomb is about to drop. They are in no way going to just roll over for EFI Live. SSR was just a temporary solution...even though I have to say its more than enough to stil win.

Yes I have noticed this when nothing is **** is about to go down.

So 1.6b - attempt #2 is coming together nicely. Some advice from the peanut gallery was applied.

1.5b settings that were rather good were
LLT 22
LLR 3-5 range
LLD 10-12 range. 12 was smokier but more responsive on the stree, 10 spool at the track cleaner and quicker
HLT 34
HLT 3-5 range
HLD 16

1.6b settings
LLT 16 (yet to be tested this afternoon)
LLR 1
LLD 8 (yet to be tested this afternoon)
HLT 44
LLR 1
HLD 16

So. Performance is the same. rattles are about the same at 1.5b. I lowered the LLT to 1 and the HLT to 10 and the rattles were still there. So We'll chalk this up to hardware for now until I get them looked at. No point in debating until that's checked, that's logical.

So I'm going with low timing to get things spool, lots to keep things going. Running Pauls numbers, yeah, at WOT for a moment it didn't sound right at all. :) So I went back to my old numbers and started to tweak. Things are much smoother

I've had lots of drive pressure differences between 1.5 and 1.6 between both 1.6b's. I'm lowering the durations to see when the drive lowers. to see if that will help lower the drive in the lower gears. I'm also opening up the gate a little too here and there to improve flow after a software change and then one more run.

So, with a HLT of 10-20 in 3rd I'd see 70-75psi drive. bump that timing up to 44, I just see 70psi of drive in 2nd, it drops to 60 in 3rd. This is over 3200rpm.

I'm starting to think durations numbers in the low teen's may be too much.

-----

4000rpm... cant' get there... I'll give this one last shot.. with 1.5b it pulled to 3600 very good, and heck pulled to 3800 before I knew it, seem to get better ET's hitting 3600 rpm with 1.5.. but with 1.6, the power is better in the mid-range and I obviously didn't need it last time at the track. . But to help debug and get data to bob/marco here's what I go

So. 2nd gear, locked. 4x4. I floored 2nd and just held it there. the power fell fast at 3500-3600rpm and it creeped up to 3900 and just sat there with EGT's falling. My RPM limit was set to 4300. If my understand of these RPM limit is correct, then the fall off should start at 3900-4000 and creep up to 4300.

How would a stock cam in my situation lose to much HP at that RPM to not move my truck at... holly crap, that was 68mph in 2nd? LOL I never did look at the speedometer. But I'm sure it can make more then 150hp at that rpm. :)

Last edited:
Interesting, I installed a PRV and with the pressure chip "on" at WOT my truck would shut down (off). When I turn the pressure chip "off", the truck would not shutdown. They told me it should be able to pump through it (not). So I will just continue to use my cap. Glad to see its not just my setup....

LOL at all the doom and gloom about capped rails.
Will it cause issues if you're stupid? Yes
Will it absolutely cause issues? Hell no.
Mine has been capped since day 1 and doesn't even have a valve in it since I went to dual pumps. Holds 27,500 all day long and I'll even give it 100% on the MP8 sometimes. If you chop the throttle you'll have problems...if you roll out of it you're fine.
Myself and several others had run PRV free for years through a large range of injector sizes and pump configurations.
Even Todd's modded PRV's are blowing off and causing people to lose power on an otherwise good pass. Use your head and quit believing everything you read.

I ran dead even with a known 11.20 mustang cobra the other day from 50-120ish mph with everything wide ass open including the MP8. Zero issues.

So. 2nd gear, locked. 4x4. I floored 2nd and just held it there. the power fell fast at 3500-3600rpm and it creeped up to 3900 and just sat there with EGT's falling. My RPM limit was set to 4300. If my understand of these RPM limit is correct, then the fall off should start at 3900-4000 and creep up to 4300.

How would a stock cam in my situation lose to much HP at that RPM to not move my truck at... holly crap, that was 68mph in 2nd? LOL I never did look at the speedometer. But I'm sure it can make more then 150hp at that rpm. :)

What was happening to the boost as the EGT was falling? What was the fuel pressures (both rail and lift)? Any rail pressure bounce or drop off?

Mine will hit 4200rpm in second gear in a heart beat. Well actually less then 3 seconds. That's with it starting to defuel at 3900. The rev limit actually works very well. It absolutely won't got past it on my truck. When it hits it, there isn't any type of rpm creep.

Cam is not the problem... You don't have stock springs though do you?

Paul

What was happening to the boost as the EGT was falling? What was the fuel pressures (both rail and lift)? Any rail pressure bounce or drop off?

Mine will hit 4200rpm in second gear in a heart beat. Well actually less then 3 seconds. That's with it starting to defuel at 3900. The rev limit actually works very well. It absolutely won't got past it on my truck. When it hits it, there isn't any type of rpm creep.

Cam is not the problem... You don't have stock springs though do you?

Paul

110# springs. tho, they do have a few miles on them.

I don't have a data logger :( I "think" boost was falling off, it should of with egt's dropping anyways right?. I"ll look at the other gauges next time.

Any info on the U.D.C.?

Sorry just seen the new thread lol

Running the mp8 with the ssr I have gotten rid of the surging at 2000-2400 rpms and its running good

Last edited:
i just got ssr its v 1.3 my settings are llt 32 hlt 32 lld 24 hld 28 llrp 45 hlrp 40 these work ok. do yall have any suggestions on different settings that have worked well?

i just got ssr its v 1.3 my settings are llt 32 hlt 32 lld 24 hld 28 llrp 45 hlrp 40 these work ok. do yall have any suggestions on different settings that have worked well?

Download at least 1.5 or 1.6 power delivery is way better on the newer tunes!

Paulb settings

I also tried Paulb's settings
And it runs very well.
Temps are it the 40's . So Im sure that is helping.
Runs different enough to have to take another look at the waistgate setting.
This is the version Bob sent me , Is the one on the site any different?
thanks ,doug

I also tried Paulb's settings
And it runs very well.
Temps are it the 40's . So Im sure that is helping.
Runs different enough to have to take another look at the waistgate setting.
This is the version Bob sent me , Is the one on the site any different?
thanks ,doug

The one that Bob sent me showed 1.6b on the file, however when I loaded it onto my Smarty, the Smarty displayed 1.6a. The one on the site displays 1.6b on the Smarty. I suggest loading the file from the Mad's site.

Got my truck back today from EPR and did some tuning with version 1.5. I have to say, by far the SSR one day is gonna be the ticket however the one thing i do not like about it is how it changes due to temperatures. While truck was just getting up to operating temp, it ran really good. As soon as i got a little over 180* i couldnt believe the cackling and popping it was doing. I just finished downloading 1.6B and the new update for TNT. Gonna try both out tonight, the SSR numbers i used were simliar to Jason's just minor changes. Ill try and get video tomorrow.

Got my truck back today from EPR and did some tuning with version 1.5. I have to say, by far the SSR one day is gonna be the ticket however the one thing i do not like about it is how it changes due to temperatures. While truck was just getting up to operating temp, it ran really good. As soon as i got a little over 180* i couldnt believe the cackling and popping it was doing. I just finished downloading 1.6B and the new update for TNT. Gonna try both out tonight, the SSR numbers i used were simliar to Jason's just minor changes. Ill try and get video tomorrow.

Exactly what I experience. Same cold vs warm rattle. you can be cruising down the highway and all of a sudden, the rattling just starts to appear.

Then there's the 70degree+ days vs 40 degree nights with the same tune, it runs drastically different.

Exactly what I experience. Same cold vs warm rattle. you can be cruising down the highway and all of a sudden, the rattling just starts to appear.

Then there's the 70degree+ days vs 40 degree nights with the same tune, it runs drastically different.

Same here. Mine wouldn't surge if it was under 60* then it miraculously would.

Does it show loss of HP at WOT also depending on Temp? That could be bad for racers/pullers if you set a tune for hot summer day then go to a cool summer night hook and it falls on its face

I don't get any surging, just a of crackle and pop. The new tnt does the same effect as the ssr on my truck now

Wow a week with no posts what's going on is everyone drinking depressed or just done for now? I'm pretty much at my wits end I've gone in both directions and nothing works well. i think I'm putting the pod 06 back on and calling it a day for now! At least on #5 I got 20+ mpg! best i get with SSR is 18 and the rattle at high RPM's is nuts!

Back