SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

im still tinkering. never got a chance to do another high rpm pull.

i think i got most of the rattle out with good performance with 1.6. LLT10 with LLD20. lowered it to 16 for tomorrow. before i when i lowered timing i got crappier performance. with 1.6, looks like i need a higher duration number. ill end up through a few different tunes tomorrow.

Im still running Paul b settings
Its never ran better or cleaner.
I dont care for the rail pressure set at 25 LLR
I know seeing 25000 daily on the street cant be healthy for the injectors.
After Im done playing Ill try lowering LLR.

Im still running Paul b settings
Its never ran better or cleaner.
I dont care for the rail pressure set at 25 LLR
I know seeing 25000 daily on the street cant be healthy for the injectors.
After Im done playing Ill try lowering LLR.

I see 27,500 daily...with no PRV.
Don't be scared.

Nice Blockboy!

Current settings:

LLT 6
LLD 8
LLR 20
HLT 40
HLD 14
HLR 20
TM 1
RPM's 4500, but still won't pull to 4000.

Some folks say keep the pressure at 1/1, some say 50/50. argh. The low low timing works, only if I crank up the rail pressure. I've been pulling back duration. I've eliminated MOST of the rattle. I can still just about floor is at say 20mph, unlocked and get some decent rattle. I've almost tuned out the unlocked on ramp to highway black-ish haze.

Since I can _FINALLY_ trust this software to not hang the rail pressure, I've put the higher pop-off Rail valve on. I've noticed some weird pusling of smoke getting on the highway, it woudl clean up and smoke then clean up then smoke all while maintaining say 2200rpm as I click though the gears. The rail gauge is a little bouncy, so I'm seeing if this will fix that up.

I'll get to testing the High RPM's soon, but I still think that's a problem with my truck.

Ok Jason, I dropped the timing to 10 wierd runs great there??
So now my settings are:
LT 10
HT 15
LR 3
HR 5
LD 12
HD 15

This is very crisp and almost smoke free! i just give up on what the numbers mean!? Especially when your running Hi Timing at 40 what a huge jump and why?

Ok Jason, I dropped the timing to 10 wierd runs great there??
So now my settings are:
LT 10
HT 15
LR 3
HR 5
LD 12
HD 15

This is very crisp and almost smoke free! i just give up on what the numbers mean!? Especially when your running Hi Timing at 40 what a huge jump and why?

30 felt sluggish. i dialed in the high numbers at the track with 1.6. 44 seemed to be the sweet spot. 16 was the duration, higher or lower was slower. however, i haven't run 20 on the pressure yet so i dialed duration and timing back a little.

From what i understand, if you have hotter intake temp, you want more timing, my 66 runs hotter then twins id imagine.

Congrats Greg, did you go to SSOTN?

Yeah Gordon.

Raced at Turkey Day today also. Ran 10.51 and 10.58. I have a strange issue with it breaking up at 3500. Not sure what it is yet, but I'm tearing the engine down in the next week or so anyway to freashen it up since it's been 2 years.

Yeah Gordon.

Raced at Turkey Day today also. Ran 10.51 and 10.58. I have a strange issue with it breaking up at 3500. Not sure what it is yet, but I'm tearing the engine down in the next week or so anyway to freashen it up since it's been 2 years.

Thats some kind of epic world record! Its crazy to think its been two years already.

ran 1.6b on my6 way home from NY, ran nice once the boost comes on and rattle goes away, but gawd is my rattle horrible, makes me cringe.

Yeah Gordon.

Nice runs!

Mine sounded similar on the dyno, with to much HL timing. I had it set to 50, and dropped it down to 45 and it smoothed out. You could see it on the dyno graph too. Unfortunely all the tracks around here are closed...

Paul

So, Saturday, with the above numbers... Truck ran AWESOME! quite, rattle-free mostly. This morning, ZERO changes. just a drop in outside temp by 25 degrees and the rattles are back. I'm going to fiddle with the rail and LLT some more.

Also, i'm going to order up a new temp sensor, just in case.

So...I habe my truck back now with a healthy transmission and I still love my 1.5b...is there any reason to switch up to 1.6 yet? I have nothing to report other than when trying to exit a huge axle deep muddy mess in my flooded duck field I tore my left front 37 almost in half...4k and serious mud stiction....lol

As i read through everyones updates i get a little lost in where you guys are compared to your TNTR and/or stacking setup. Also are many guys having trouble getting the RPM up?

Yeah Gordon.

I bet this feels different for you, to pull your engine to freshen it up rather than install a new block, rods, pistons and head. :poke:

JK, let me know if you would like any help.

With 1.6b I'm setting high pressure codes AND for some reason I get like 4 or 6 dings and the grid heater light comes on. Idle exhaust is black smoke until I shutdown and clear the code and restart.

---

Tuning. Lowered the LLT to 4, still got a little rattle, starting to get sluggish. Locked, there's no rattling! so I'm bumping the timing up to 6, maybe 8 on the LLT side.

Rail pressure settings over 10 caused code issues with 1.5. Apparently 1.6 too. I was running in the 20's. Only WOT.

---

HLD question:

I've been running HLD of 14 recently and finally made a pull over 3200rpm in 3rd (1:1) locked. Just flat out stopped pulling at 3600. nothing, nadda. didn't check any other gauges, was on a curvy off ramp/bridge thing. So, I figured, well, maybe I've always had way to much timing on the HL side like I guess I had on the LL side. So I lowered HLT to 12 for giggles.. Same rpm limit, this time tho the exhaust note changed to something more high-pictched.

so, I'm wondering, is HLD of 14 just not high enough on the map to make power past XXXX rpm? I bumped HLD up to 18 and HLT back to 40 and I'll see if I can get past 4000 in 2nd again.

With 1.6b I'm setting high pressure codes AND for some reason I get like 4 or 6 dings and the grid heater light comes on. Idle exhaust is black smoke until I shutdown and clear the code and restart.

---

Tuning. Lowered the LLT to 4, still got a little rattle, starting to get sluggish. Locked, there's no rattling! so I'm bumping the timing up to 6, maybe 8 on the LLT side.

Rail pressure settings over 10 caused code issues with 1.5. Apparently 1.6 too. I was running in the 20's. Only WOT.

---

HLD question:

I've been running HLD of 14 recently and finally made a pull over 3200rpm in 3rd (1:1) locked. Just flat out stopped pulling at 3600. nothing, nadda. didn't check any other gauges, was on a curvy off ramp/bridge thing. So, I figured, well, maybe I've always had way to much timing on the HL side like I guess I had on the LL side. So I lowered HLT to 12 for giggles.. Same rpm limit, this time tho the exhaust note changed to something more high-pictched.

so, I'm wondering, is HLD of 14 just not high enough on the map to make power past XXXX rpm? I bumped HLD up to 18 and HLT back to 40 and I'll see if I can get past 4000 in 2nd again.

Sounding like 1.6 and your truck dont play well together. Considered going back to one of the previous files that did work for you? I switched back to the 1.6b that was being emailed before 1.6b was put on MADS site. Shows 1.6a when downloaded on tuner. Truck runs better with it. You seem to be all over the place with hl and ll settings, more so than others. Just going off all your post it almost seems like something in your over all set up is not meshing together good.

Back