SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

YOu can gate a he351 well.. But id run a external with it..

Haha why would I be mad ? my **** works great. And I dont run the same tunes on the street. 100% are for big compounds no need for a single. Only way your going to JUST mash your throttle is with stock turbo and sticks. Sorry there is no thing as INstant spool turbos for you fellas.. You want a gaser feel buy a gaser. Or Install a roots blower to feed your diesel!

Why do I get the feeling that you're contradicting your self when you say big compounds for 100% over? Wouldn't "big compounds" spool slower then a 66? or is it spool differently? This is the mixed info I'm getting from you guys. :)

And no I call a big "no" on your stock turbo stock sticks.. Install a smarty and you got a smoke show on #7 if you just "floor it"

Basically, you're saying your chit rattles on the street if you drive it like you stole it, but won't admit it unless you re-tun the crap outa it. :)

Car turbo setups have come along away to make 1500hp and be streetable. There are SEVERAL examples on youtube (traction limited tho).. I see no reason why a diesel can't get there some day.

But that's not now for all CR's just yet. :(

One last request for any non rattlers and im out. promise.

go pro camera. 4x4 enguaged, motor fully warmed up. idle, foot on brake.... release foot + WOT. and a second at 1/2 throttle. with your 100% overs on your race tune.

Here are a couple of video's from the track this year. This was in July and the track temp was ~130 degrees, with the outside temp over 100.

This one is from the stands: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/nowweresmokin?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/l0PWmwLrkgw"]Champion raceway night of fire. #1[/ame]

This is the same pass but from inside of the pickup. It was taken with my phone, so video isn't the best: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/nowweresmokin?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/L3rGp6aucJM"]Champion raceway night of fire. #2[/ame]

Is this what you were looking for?

Paul

Why do I get the feeling that you're contradicting your self when you say big compounds for 100% over? Wouldn't "big compounds" spool slower then a 66? or is it spool differently? This is the mixed info I'm getting from you guys. :)

And no I call a big "no" on your stock turbo stock sticks.. Install a smarty and you got a smoke show on #7 if you just "floor it"

Basically, you're saying your chit rattles on the street if you drive it like you stole it, but won't admit it unless you re-tun the crap outa it. :)

Car turbo setups have come along away to make 1500hp and be streetable. There are SEVERAL examples on youtube (traction limited tho).. I see no reason why a diesel can't get there some day.

But that's not now for all CR's just yet. :(

Jason I have a 1500hp turboed gasser and you still can not mass the pedal lol because it will do nothing but choke it out .. Yes I have a huge low pressure charger witch feeds a SMALL high pressure charger. that high pressure charger spools faster than stock because its not making boost from automosphere its making it from air that it is feed from the low pressure charger.. Spooling faster. Your single is trying to get and compressor all its own air. Rattle rattle rattle.

Your 64 needs a 65 wheel bad milkmaze....then you would have a great set of twins. 71 puke!

Jason I have a 1500hp turboed gasser and you still can not mass the pedal lol because it will do nothing but choke it out .. Yes I have a huge low pressure charger witch feeds a SMALL high pressure charger. that high pressure charger spools faster than stock because its not making boost from automosphere its making it from air that it is feed from the low pressure charger.. Spooling faster. Your single is trying to get and compressor all its own air. Rattle rattle rattle.

I've seen videos like theses... doesn't seem this guy is "choking things out".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmACTP69Zh0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmACTP69Zh0[/ame]

Maybe i'll find some videos of a 1200hp supra based outa texas later. stock displacement motor, 71mm charger, single.

Jason what your not getting is you can not take that supra and MASH the gas and get it going! with a big turbo

lmao

The SSR is never going to get you there Jason, a standalone yes. Until you have a calibrated injector energization table and valid mass air flow limitations, your right foot is the final check.

The SSR is never going to get you there Jason, a standalone yes. Until you have a calibrated injector energization table and valid mass air flow limitations, your right foot is the final check.

YES. I know this... trust me.. but I know, you know, EFI folks know, it can get so much closer then this.

And I'm getting told it CAN NEVER EVER EVER EVER! cuz you craps mis matched. Blah!

Are our cries for improvement being heard? No one knows cuz marco and bob are virtually non-existent in these debates.

Wicked, The turbo supra, there's turbo lag... Yes. naturally. However, The driver of them turbo vehicles DO NOT have to feather the throttle just right to get it to spool. My TDI, if I feather/roll/tip in is no faster then just going WOT. period, end of story, nothing different, in fact, it's faster if I let the ECU figure it out. It's got the stock injector stock turbo equivalent to a 100hp tun on a dodge. (30hp). heh, unplug the VNT vacuum tube, heh. about 15mph is all your going to go! L O L z.. Don't tell me it can't be done on a diesel.

ok. I'm done. :) promise.

really? jason put the stock injectors in and a stock charger then tune with the ssr.. Tell me how much rattle you got! Then explain to me why its not rattling with correctly matched parts. And Yes IN a turbo gaser with the wrong parts you with have to feather into boost!

map based fueling, hope u.d.c can get us closer. Efi live is a long way off for me. I can drive mine raddle & smoke free but I do have to cotrol it with the throttle. I hope u.d.c is so good I don't want to switch. 1.6 is fine for me but I get anxiuos everytime I hear it start & see my wife take off in it.(still have not figured out how she tore the diif out of it). I have gauges but she doesn't know how to us them. I would like to know it does not have to be drove with effort. But I understand with proformace so pain but I know it could be better. I think smarty is going to get us there, sooner the better.

I thought everybody had to have 71 or larger wheels to be in the cool kid club.

Urban myths....or sales people get you everytime!

no way shape or form did I get a 71 wheel for any cool club, I picked my twins modeled after another 04.5 truck. he has fallen out of favor but I have seen him dyno 1200+ hp, been a passenger in his truck, and never once heard it rattle. Now I am getting to think about other things Marco has said, particularly the part of multiple Operating Systems for similar year trucks. I would like o know if it is possible to switch the OS currently in my truck to a known non rattler. If it is a simple fact that 100% over or so injectors on a truck with a 71 wheeled 64 mm turbo is going to rattle, how is it others have rattle free operation? No more bs dead horse, this needs to be gotten to the bottom of, once and for all. If that map for the pilot shot has been altered succesfully by others, why cant we? adjust it say like Torque Management. clearly there is a case where there are what? 4 maps to choose from?? cant we tell the smarty unit we have 110% over injectors, and let it supply 4 options for maps that will let us pick which is correct for our trucks.

well maybe he sprayed it, I forget. It was Lloyd mills truck, fall brawl or spring fling, couple years ago, and MANY beers ago.

Back