SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Bob the recovery file did not work. I have an extra FAC I'll try, if that doesn't work its back in your court as this problem only started when I loaded the SSR for the first time. No problems with former tuner. Thanks for the effort.

I changed my FAC and it seems to have gotten rid of the light. I'm still on the recovery file so I'll change that tonight and see if the light comes back tomorrow. Homewrecker if you happen to have an extra FAC I would try that and see if it helps you too. I'm hoping for the best in the morning cause it's finally getting warmer here.

I changed my FAC and it seems to have gotten rid of the light. I'm still on the recovery file so I'll change that tonight and see if the light comes back tomorrow. Homewrecker if you happen to have an extra FAC I would try that and see if it helps you too. I'm hoping for the best in the morning cause it's finally getting warmer here.

My grid light is so random I havent got off my butt and swapped fca's. Keep me posted. It might motivate me if your problem is resolved. :D

tapatalking from droidx

The FCA swap didn't work and going back to 1.5b hasn't worked either. I put my old tuner back in and didn't have any problems with it so unfortunetly it is the programming. Still have the light, don't know what to do now. Besides the obvious cause this makes good power when it works so I'd like to keep it.

Running 1.7

What would keep the truck from free reving to the set high rpm setting.

I have heard a few others having this problem.

My situation:

I have the high RPM set to 4500. I like to leave at 4200-4300, but the truck would only rev to 3900. once i left and the truck was under full load it did pull up to 4200.

Does this have something to do with the settings I am Running?

Running 1.7

My situation:

I have the high RPM set to 4500. I like to leave at 4200-4300, but the truck would only rev to 3900. once i left and the truck was under full load it did pull up to 4200.

Marco did say that if you want to turn 4300, that the limiter must be set higher to get full fuel at 4300.... (and so on and so forth)..

Maybe it could be a simple at testing the limiter set at 4700-4800...

Don't blame me if you "Swole" it though....lol
Just a suggestion based on Marco's email...

Running 1.7

My situation:

:pop: I have a similar problem as well and I'm running 1.7.

Marco did say that if you want to turn 4300, that the limiter must be set higher to get full fuel at 4300.... (and so on and so forth)..

Maybe it could be a simple at testing the limiter set at 4700-4800...

Don't blame me if you "Swole" it though....lol
Just a suggestion based on Marco's email...

Here is the video I am at full throttle a 8sec mark

http://youtu.be/Gw4oSz_-FM0

Last edited:
just tried to update 1.5 to 1.7...i know guys, been out of the loop for a while. but it said error sending update to smarty, then it wouldn't connect to my laptop. unplugged, plugged back in and version read 1.7a. did it send? i'm trying to send again

got it figured out. 1.7 runs pretty strong. thinking i have a bad injector so i'm having to send injectors off and gonna go with dual pumps. back to the drawing board!

New to SSR !
Old setup: 05 6 speed running 12.53 at 111.86 with Bullydog w/ crazy larry, mp8, rail cap, airdog2, silverbullet, sbdd3600, 90 nozzles, #110 springs, pushrods, studs, coolant bypass, banks intercooler and highram 3.5", stage2 water/meth, afe stage2 intake w/ proguard7, afe stainless exhaust manifold, arsonIII, boost fooler, 5" tb mbrp. Etg's were 1700 degrees, pulled hard to 3800rpms, at 58psi and it made 693/1183.

Then changed to: E.D. billet 66/74/14, ati damper, 188/220 hamilton. Egt's dropped to 1200 degrees. The truck didnt pull hard at all anymore. Dynoed it and made 656/1141 and the hp dropped 300 rpms earlier on the dyno but spool up was way better.

Now: no more mp8, and went to Smarty SSR. Egts are now up to 1500. The spool up is amazing compared to the bullydog, the hard hit is back. RP is hitting 25k and holding 23k. Boost is 50psi.

Last night I was playing around with it, I had the LLT on 10 and HLT on 28 with all of the other settings below. I layed into it kind of easy going up a hill in 6th gear and i got a pop around 2g and 20psi. So i pulled over and moved the LLT up to 15 and it feels great now. Im having alittle confusion on the timing/duration part. Egts are back to 1500 at WOT. I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be great guys thank you. Pat

SSR settings as of now are:
rev limit 4800
shift limit off
torq-3
LLT-15
HLT-28
LLR-15
HLR-25
LLD-20
HLD-25
Pre inj stock

New to SSR !
Old setup: 05 6 speed running 12.53 at 111.86 with Bullydog w/ crazy larry, mp8, rail cap, airdog2, silverbullet, sbdd3600, 90 nozzles, #110 springs, pushrods, studs, coolant bypass, banks intercooler and highram 3.5", stage2 water/meth, afe stage2 intake w/ proguard7, afe stainless exhaust manifold, arsonIII, boost fooler, 5" tb mbrp. Etg's were 1700 degrees, pulled hard to 3800rpms, at 58psi and it made 693/1183.

Then changed to: E.D. billet 66/74/14, ati damper, 188/220 hamilton. Egt's dropped to 1200 degrees. The truck didnt pull hard at all anymore. Dynoed it and made 656/1141 and the hp dropped 300 rpms earlier on the dyno but spool up was way better.

Now: no more mp8, and went to Smarty SSR. Egts are now up to 1500. The spool up is amazing compared to the bullydog, the hard hit is back. RP is hitting 25k and holding 23k. Boost is 50psi.

Last night I was playing around with it, I had the LLT on 10 and HLT on 28 with all of the other settings below. I layed into it kind of easy going up a hill in 6th gear and i got a pop around 2g and 20psi. So i pulled over and moved the LLT up to 15 and it feels great now. Im having alittle confusion on the timing/duration part. Egts are back to 1500 at WOT. I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be great guys thank you. Pat

SSR settings as of now are:
rev limit 4800
shift limit off
torq-3
LLT-15
HLT-28
LLR-15
HLR-25
LLD-20
HLD-25
Pre inj stock

What software version are you running? 1.3-1.7A are all different and settings for each versions are different too. It'll be easier for someone to get you some numbers to try if they know what version you are runnin.

Last night I did some more messing around and tryed something like the SW7 setting.

Rev limit-5000
Torque-3
LLT-15
HLT-30
LLR-25
HLR-25
LLD-30
HLD-15

Truck responded very well to it. Pulled very hard, no noises. It was dark out so I couldnt tell how much smoke it put out so I will do more testing today after work. Only thing I noticed was the rp hit 26k around 3/4 throttle to WOT then dropped to 20k. Still pulled hard but I need to get that RP back up to 23k+ at WOT.

Last night I did some more messing around and tryed something like the SW7 setting.

Rev limit-5000
Torque-3
LLT-15
HLT-30
LLR-25
HLR-25
LLD-30
HLD-15

Truck responded very well to it. Pulled very hard, no noises. It was dark out so I couldnt tell how much smoke it put out so I will do more testing today after work. Only thing I noticed was the rp hit 26k around 3/4 throttle to WOT then dropped to 20k. Still pulled hard but I need to get that RP back up to 23k+ at WOT.

less duration or more pump :p

Back