SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

So. I'm going to try out 1.7 for a little while. just for giggles. :)

Has any one correlated the 1.5 vs 1.6 difference? If you ran a LLT of 25, what are you running now? That kinda correlation. Obviously even after promised in another thread bob and/or marco are not getting that data out in the public.

Heard the beta fix isn't working so it looks like hurry up and wait. Looks like UDC is done though so he should have some extra time on his hands.

I have an 03 with:
All ARP studding
2ND GEN PDI manifold
Bored 30 over
Hamilton aggressive street cam
110lb springs
150 ddp injectors
55mm external turbosmart wastegate
Custom ball bearing 63/68 t4 tutbo
Arson III kit
BD intercooler
Billet push and connecting rods
Mauhl big bowl carbon pistons

Just trying to get a good a starting point with the SSR cause I'm not getting the numbers at the dyno like I should be.. Truck is extremely too smokey

Currently:
LLD 1
HLD 15

LLT 15
HLD 15

RP 20

TQ 3
REV 4000
PILOT SHOT OFF
POD 95

Im not a pro but...

TQ 2 or less
LLD 15
HLD 25-30
LLT 25-30
HLT 30-40
LLR 20-30
HLR 30-40

NO POD.... Just run the full tune.

With the pilot off numbers are gonna be way different doesn't seem to have any advantage on the street.
Try pilot on and trq at 2 or less with these
lt 18
ht 28
lr 05
hr 05
ld 20
hd 15

Alright I appreciate the input.. Give those numbers a try once I get back to my truck

With the pilot off numbers are gonna be way different doesn't seem to have any advantage on the street.
Try pilot on and trq at 2 or less with these
lt 18
ht 28
lr 05
hr 05
ld 20
hd 15

Just about to get my truck back from my motor rebuild. Its pretty much exactly the same as Tex84cl's build.
My question to you Dangerous06, why so low on the rail pressure?
Also for break in of the motor what would be some good settings?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

We finally got the race truck on the dyno last night.

Went 931hp on
tq2
rpm 6000 (only pulled to about 3200)
everything else on setting 1
pre injection stock, shift defuel off.

Brought the rail up to 16 (which got us ~25000psi), and the LD HD to 10 and went over 1000hp, after that we had a few minor set backs that we had to deal with, but did a few more runs and are well North of that 1000hp now, we should really have it dialed in after tonight's session.

Once we get the SSR dialed in we will be doing comparisons to old vin locked tntr, and new tntr.

Race truck has a built engine, built trans, and an S400 over an S500, twin cp3's ect...

Last edited:
We finally got the race truck on the dyno last night.

Went 931hp on
tq2
rpm 6000 (only pulled to about 3200)
everything else on setting 1
pre injection stock, shift defuel off.

Brought the rail up to 16 (which got us ~25000psi), and the LD HD to 10 and went over 1000hp, after that we had a few minor set backs that we had to deal with, but did a few more runs and are well North of that 1000hp now, we should really have it dialed in after tonight's session.

Once we get the SSR dialed in we will be doing comparisons to old vin locked tntr, and new tntr.

Race truck has a built engine, built trans, and an S400 over an S500, twin cp3's ect...

What size injector and what timing numbers? I've been playing with 1.7 for a little while again and found LLD 8, LLT 26 and LLR 1 works well for daily driving. HLD was at 16 and boost was low in OD (even on the street, so the dyno was correct last Sunday!). HLT of 36 and HLR of 3. I'll try HLD of 10 for giggles at lunch and see if she slows down considerably or not. I haven't tried that low of a number on 1.6/1.7 yet.

I've found that if I run the rail on 5 or higher as soon as I shift the truck goes into full retard-limp mode. EGTs jump 400degrees (idles at 6-800!). Smoking good at idle. Rail pressure all over the place. After a mile of limping it at 50mph the grid heater light comes on and it dings at me 20 times. Restarting the truck things are fine.. I wonder if I just popped the RV and it flushed a bunch of fuel out and that confused the crap outa the truck. 1.5 never did this.

Injectors are exergy's best I can tell you is huge (sorry I didn't ever see the build sheets) last year the truck ran 230% overs this year they are bigger.

Timing for both of those runs were both at 1 high and low. We brought in a little timing later (15 high and low) and it made a solid 100hp more. I ran out of steam not much after that (1am). We will be back tonight, and get some comparisons, and some finalized numbers out of the ssr. It took us the better part of 2 hours to get it strapped and get the settings right so that we could make consistent repeatable pulls. It was a Mustang dual roller load cell dyno, and we were working with sweep speed.

The one interesting thing to note, as we brought in timing the dyno curve shifted fairly dramatically to the right. We started the evening running from 105km/h to 115km/h sweep, by the end of the night, it was 115km to 130km/h.

We tried creeping up on rail, but still popped an over pressure valve (rp 20) so we brought it down to 16 and that seemed to be a good place to keep consistent rail.

Last edited:
Ahhh. bigger then 230 with Durations at 10. That sounds about right. That's not a lot of timing considering what others are running.. Tho I suppose the application is totally different. :)

It was still making more power as we brought in timing (and more duration for that matter), we are just taking our time and bringing it in slow. Checking all of our logs after each round. Not in any hurry, hopefully we will hit the track on Friday to see how it compares to real world.

So I'm takimg dvs8tr's approach with 1.7. 1/1/1/1/1/1 for a start. not as bad as 1.1 through 1.5 was at that setting! just a puff of smoke and go!

can't get rid of the rattle under 10psi. locked or unlocked.

i wonder where this will end up on the ll settings.

The wts light is a error in the tune. Been waiting on a fix. Supposedly in progress.

Well our best numbers on 1.7 ended up being:
RPM 6000 (our peak hp was almost 3500 rpm, and it pulls well through 4000rpm)
tq2
lt20
ht35
ld30
hd45 (went to 50 and lost power)
lr16
hr16
pre injection stock

This resulted in about 90psi overall boost with about 52psi out of the primary, 1700 degrees max egt's, and massive wheel spin on the dyno even well strapped with a 2000lbs safe in the bed, and drag radials on the truck (that felt like tar after a run). We have a video of it, and as soon as it is emailed I will post it up.

I am not saying the horsepower at this point, as we are right at the start of race season, but we are competitive with the other super street contenders.

The duration has got me stumped.

You would think that you would run a lower duration number on the HL setting than you would on the LL setting.

The only thing I can figure at this point is the duration is relative to RPM and the amount of time available to get fuel in the cylinder.

So in theory a HLD number of 40 may be less than a LLD of 30.

We found if we got much higher then 30 on the LD, it would spool slower almost like it was trying to flood out the chargers and then obviously smoke a lot more, it would also cause a lot more heat before the chargers lit. Obviously everyone's setup will be a bit different depending on chargers and cp3's and sticks ect...

Well our best numbers on 1.7 ended up being:
RPM 6000 (our peak hp was almost 3500 rpm, and it pulls well through 4000rpm)
tq2
lt20
ht35
ld30
hd45 (went to 50 and lost power)
lr16
hr16
pre injection stock

This resulted in about 90psi overall boost with about 52psi out of the primary, 1700 degrees max egt's, and massive wheel spin on the dyno even well strapped with a 2000lbs safe in the bed, and drag radials on the truck (that felt like tar after a run). We have a video of it, and as soon as it is emailed I will post it up.

I am not saying the horsepower at this point, as we are right at the start of race season, but we are competitive with the other super street contenders.

Don't be so humble...lol. 50 plus psi out of your primary is A LOT of hp! All I need to know...

Congrats.

Back