SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

The duration has got me stumped.

You would think that you would run a lower duration number on the HL setting than you would on the LL setting.

The only thing I can figure at this point is the duration is relative to RPM and the amount of time available to get fuel in the cylinder.

So in theory a HLD number of 40 may be less than a LLD of 30.

The HLD number does not reflect a duration number, but instead it reflects a duration map. Going from HLD 40 to HLD 50, doesn't change all of the HL duration values. It mainly changes the high rpm, high load durations.

Your theory that HLD 40 is less duration then LLD of 30, is generally true. Remember though those are not injector durations measured in micro seconds, but different maps.

In the beta UDC software, you can see what the duration in micro seconds is for each load/rpm cell.

Paul

So, I've put some extensive time into 1.7 on the street. It's not the same software at 1.5 and I realize why 1.6/1.7 was feeling slower given the same setup. I just didn't give it time and said "meh f-it" and went back to what worked.

So. LL settings on 1/1/1 drive very well. I bumped up the HL numbers all the way up in increments to 40/3/40. There was virtually no change. with 1.5, the world would come alive around 2700rpm regardless of the LL numbers based on where you you set the HL.

So, Paul's assessment of load/rpm/etc is more correct for 1.7 vs the older software for sure. I didn't have my PLX box on but I'm sure the load wasn't coming up as hard..

So I'm curious how the HL maps play off of the LL maps.. So if you did a 1/1/1 and a 50/50/50 given 100% load and 3000rpm, why is that just a slightly noticeable difference then L1/1/1 and H1/1/1. When I say slight, like 3PSI more over all boost in OD and 200 degrees more EGT (topping out at 1400)

So in a nut shell, 99% of the turning is in the LL numbers and it does this very well this far. I dropped in the Smarty #7 numbers minus the rail pressure numbers (LLR2 and HLR3) based on 1.7's ability to do something silly with the rail pressure to put the truck in full retard mode. Unless, the maps play off each other in a way I have yet to see.

The rattling is minimal, however the smoke is back if you just give it just a little to much. It's a little cleaner on top of the charger, the low end torque is back. Spool is very fast, in fact I think improved. I'm itching to get to the drag strip.

SSR numbers for #7 is LLT 15, LLR 50 (I run 2), LLD 30, HLT 33, HLR 50 (I run 3), HLD15.

I haven't' got a chance for any WOT runs in OD yet. I'll see where boost, drive, egt, rail ends up and start upping the HLD/T and see if the SOTP meter registers anything and keep things posted.

----

In the past I have run #7 settings with the older SSR and it wasn't this good. It was virtually undriveable with a manual trans. The auto helps I think more then most would like to admit.

I'd like to see the new "low smoke" tunes we all ready about a little while ago.

I finally got one of the guys to send me a video to our last run of the night. Obviously it was shot on a phone, but it is still pretty clear it spun the tires hard even with that 2000lbs safe in the box.

[ame="http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/dvst8r/Torreys%20Build%202011/?action=view&current=IMG_0005.mp4"]Torreys Build 2011 :: IMG_0005.mp4 video by dvst8r - Photobucket[/ame]

Yup we did, and had electrical issues. Our temporary OD switch didn't like us, we were out of RPM before the 1/8th mile so the best of the night was 10.88@108mph (on fuel, no spray) iirc. The permanent OD switch and wiring is being done this week, so the next outing it should all be good.

Other then that the truck ran great and was ready to hotlap. We are very pleased to this point, as all signs are pointing towards a consistent truck this year.

so, i think i got that slow back outa my truck. lld of 38 and llt of 40. sounded a little different so im backing off. boosts back to 58. heck drive was 54, just a little less!

would love to see what the 1.7 #7 numbers are...

50 degrees out, didn't notice any rattling.

-------

I still have a problem after a pull. letting off super slow too! the dash starts dinging, glow plug light comes on, raill idles at 5,000, egt's at 600 at idle. ill see about getting to Todd to swap RV's. 1.5 never did this!

It doesn't even have to be a hard run. I shouldn't say anything as my light has finally quit going off but since I changed the tips in my truck it hasn't came back on yet. (3 days). YEAH!!!!!!!!! My truck is fun again!

It doesn't even have to be a hard run. I shouldn't say anything as my light has finally quit going off but since I changed the tips in my truck it hasn't came back on yet. (3 days). YEAH!!!!!!!!! My truck is fun again!

Some new batteries will get you another week with no light. Lol

tapatalking from droidx

That is strange as with the race truck on 1.7 anything over 16 and we are over what the sensor reads (26500).

Also we won't be trying the newest version until at least after BD's NHRDA event. They are having a dyno event on the Saturday, I will post up our numbers from that.

Last edited:
Back