SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I have searched, and cannot find a good answer, but has anyone been able to turn rpms over 4000-4100 with 1.7? They advertise 6,000, but in reality will it go there?

Amswer: NO>>>

Go to the UDC thread... I have a rant going about this issue.

Ok thanks you guys. I was going to purchase one if it would allow 4500+ but since it will not, I'll wait for udc, or something else.

Quick report on the SSR just switched back to the 1.7 software from the "UDC" software and with my settings (not to far from what jason had last posted) my egts are lower with the 1.7 and its less smokey also. I didn't have much time with the UDC software but I definitly like 1.7 better after having it on my truck for about 15mins.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

More releases from MADS but NO FIX for our Grid/Limp Mode issue yet....WTF?

Wtf. Why will the ssr not let you turn 6000 rpm's when thats with a claim What is it really that hard for bob to message someone back

Wtf. Why will the ssr not let you turn 6000 rpm's when thats with a claim What is it really that hard for bob to message someone back

We found that (In our application)if you want to turn 4K put the SSR setting at 4800.

4800 setting does net 4000rpm but will only fuel to 3850. 6000 setting will net you 4000rpm but will only fuel to 3850.

4800 setting does net 4000rpm but will only fuel to 3850. 6000 setting will net you 4000rpm but will only fuel to 3850.

Dude, miss matched hard parts limitation.

Serious note here:

What are our high level numbers for these tests? I've noticed as soon as I start pull HLD < 16 with SSR 1.5. the power drops off sooner and sooner.

Last edited:
Dude, miss matched hard parts limitation.

Serious note here:

What are our high level numbers for these tests? I've noticed as soon as I start pull HLD < 16 with SSR 1.5. the power drops off sooner and sooner.

We found the opposite with 1.7 to the point that we had to start the dyno runs later and end them later as we went up.

Our numbers were iirc (don't have my notes with me) HLD45, HLT35, HLR16. HLT may have been high as 40, but like I said just going off memory. Oh yeah and TQ 2, RPM 6000

Last edited:
HLT 42 (tried going to 45 not good)
HLR 45 (went to 50 on the dyno made no differance) this is a single pump with 75lpm injectors
HLD 35 or 40 i would have to look at my paper.

TQ 2

Last edited:
We found the opposite with 1.7 to the point that we had to start the dyno runs later and end them later as we went up.

Our numbers were iirc (don't have my notes with me) HLD45, HLT35, HLR16. HLT may have been high as 40, but like I said just going off memory.

I recall your numbers. When I played with 1.7 again I had a simular result. Marco did re-map everything so the 1.7 numbers did not translate into 1.5 at all.

I love how 1.7 behaved for everything but WOT. Damn Grid light retard mode.

HLT 42 (tried going to 45 not good)
HLR 45 (went to 50 on the dyno made no differance) this is a single pump with 75lpm injectors
HLD 35 or 40 i would have to look at my paper.

TQ 2

I'm at HLD16 with 1.5 and going higher creates a little more heat till about 3500rpm then boost, heat, etc, etc falls off.

Previous in the thread or maybe another, I never did get around to making a video. BUT. 2nd gear locked WOT with SSR1.5 (and i'm assuming 1.7, don't think I tried); I've held it at WOT @ 3850 for several seconds. ONE WOULD THINK in only 2nd gear.... < 100mph that it would creep over 4000rpm regardless of "hard parts" should the software be able to rev past 4000 beyond anything other then a free rev, OR MELT THE MOTOR DOWN. It's kinda weird that I have this 3850 limit, and someone with several hundred WHP more and someone else with several hundred WHP less then I do.... Yeah.... I suppose I could get a video, but that's not going to change anything, and I'm to lazy.

According to the smarty sack scratchers, I'm all wrong, mis matched and this and that. You don't need that RPM, yada yada yada... Sure, I don't need it, but why doesn't it do what it's claimed, useful or not?..... That's the point most of you are all trying to ask and I wonder the same.

Last edited:
With nitrous we can push it past all the way up to 4500rpm (according to the tach recall after the last track outing where OD failed to engage), but the power falls off significantly after 3850rpm according to the dyno graph.

I sure wish a solution for the rpm would come out I sled pull and it'll bang off the rev limiter just like my TNT-r did. I've been working with bob and tried to get a Manuel file but it will still defuel during a shift ( I also run a Manuel valvbody) anyone got any clues why? I'll try and get a video posted but it's ruining my starts and pretty annoying.

Back