SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I hear that Jason, I been driving my lil crd for a while waiting for releases that will help. Getting near time to raise the fun factor on that liberty and do a weight reduction, how much ya think the muffler weighs?

I hear that Jason, I been driving my lil crd for a while waiting for releases that will help. Getting near time to raise the fun factor on that liberty and do a weight reduction, how much ya think the muffler weighs?

I have no idea what that muffler would weight. Maybe 30#?

The thing that sucks about my 01 TDI is the electric fans are broke. Not moving = no A/C :( But once moving it's COLD air.

Don't get me wrong, the tune I have on the truck with the SSR works well. Cleans up on top of the charger well, it's the the LL numbers that run mostly clean ~75-ish and colder, ignoring rattling around 50degrees and colder still runs well when it's 100, it's just a smokey pig if you get on the throttle to quickly.

Yesterday we were couch (watching TV on the floor!) and fish tank shopping (Still gota move the fish! need a bigger tank ;-) ) for the new house. I was messing with an SS camaro but the tires and motor was still cold leaving the house. Half-ish throttle, 2wd and locking the converter around 3000rpm in 2nd broke the tires lose with a HUGE puff of smoke that I saw rising for at least the next 1/2 mile in my mirror.... I let out as soon as the ass end wiggled.

The camaro thinks he won I'm sure :( He was WOT for a few gears. It's amazing how slow them "SS" camaro's are.

got rid of my tank last year, 220 gallon beast with african cichlids...... thing was awesome, but kinda moved on with it.

got rid of my tank last year, 220 gallon beast with african cichlids...... thing was awesome, but kinda moved on with it.

The GF's had fish since I've known her. She says some fish may be over 10 years old. She had a 55 gallon before she met me and scaled down. I talked her into a bigger one since that ugly 20gallon is, well, ugly. That and the "great room" is bigger then our living room in the old house and we'll never really use the room. A bigger tank will just fill the room better and be an excellent focal point. Not sure what kinda furniture we'll fill it with yet and she doesn't have a clue what color we'll change the walls too either. Moving that tank outa the way to paint is not going to be fun. This room will be the last room painted ;-)

But it fits very well

c0bd7005-951a-e03e.jpg

Last edited:
I am trying to help a friend get his truck dialed in. Tuning on these newer electronic trucks isnt really my strong suit. I am hoping you guys who have a lot more experience with them can gimme a good jumping off point to start from. Here is a quick run down of the truck. 03 with built bottom end, hamilton 181/210, little port work on head but still has stock intake on it, fire ringed and studded, xnergy 60% injectors, T&C diesel 120% cp3, airdog 150, s366 (66/74/14) and built trans. I am in central indiana and he is in north west ohio. Truck runs good but its def not what it should be. Turbo is laggy, smokes a lot at take off and hazes down the road. Looking to get a good set up to run on the street and a good set up when he goes pulling with it on the weekends. I have very very little experience playing with the smarty's let alone the ssr. thanks in advance

Let me get this straight
We can't rev the truck with the pre injection turned off. It pops sputters and smokes white.
If your having problems like that maybe try running with it on.

Talking about pre injection

I have noticed that with turning the pre injection event off on my 03 it runs and accelerates much better on the low end. It has injector rattle like crazy when its turned off though.
Also like other have said once temps get up above 75-80 degrees my truck is a smokey pig. When its 90+ it doesn't seem to run as well.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah so for sled pullers when 75% of your hooks are when it's hot out kind of shooting yourself in the foot, I wonder what the guys around home will think of me when I say " well boys can't go racing tonight just too hot to operate correctly." interesting we have programming where everything has to be this perfect situation to run right, anyone else feel like your chasin a tune that doesn't exist within the ssr?

I have noticed that with turning the pre injection event off on my 03 it runs and accelerates much better on the low end. It has injector rattle like crazy when its turned off though.
Also like other have said once temps get up above 75-80 degrees my truck is a smokey pig. When its 90+ it doesn't seem to run as well.

does your injector rattle sound appear to be very loud? I'm having a rattle that i cant pin point on my 03 and injector rattle is one idea.

does your injector rattle sound appear to be very loud? I'm having a rattle that i cant pin point on my 03 and injector rattle is one idea.

Yeah you can hear the difference in injector rattle from just turning the injection event off. Very noticable

Does anyone adjust the POD when running SSR while pulling or on the track

Nope mine stays on 99 all the time
It would still be the same tune you have just the power out put is cut down. I know it doesn't change the catcher values any by changing the pod setting

Last edited:
Totally irrelevant to this thread but Im in the process of putting my twins together. I had to put my he351 back on till they get completed and found out the ssr not having a wastegate off option causes it to go ape chit at 34lbs of boost. Lol Vice grips on the wastegate fixed that. Dual pumps and 70% over injectors make this little turbo snap.:eek: Time to back the duration numbers out of the 40's :p

Totally irrelevant to this thread but Im in the process of putting my twins together. I had to put my he351 back on till they get completed and found out the ssr not having a wastegate off option causes it to go ape chit at 34lbs of boost. Lol Vice grips on the wastegate fixed that. Dual pumps and 70% over injectors make this little turbo snap.:eek: Time to back the duration numbers out of the 40's :p

Million dollar question.... rattle or no rattle?

My truck has never rattled. Lol llt 41 hlt 45. 20° or 102°F no difference besides amount of smoke.
Its actually kind of nice. Pulled this turbo 5yrs ago. Forgot how responsive an he351 is with some fuel thrown at it.

Back