SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I have no rattle... Hot.. Cold.. Pre injection On.. Off...no rattle.

I also notice no difference between a run in 60* temps or 100* temps.

No complaints other than the fact it will not rev over 4200 or make power over 3850rpm....Fix this and I will be happy.

I have no rattle... Hot.. Cold.. Pre injection On.. Off...no rattle.

I also notice no difference between a run in 60* temps or 100* temps.

No complaints other than the fact it will not rev over 4200 or make power over 3850rpm....Fix this and I will be happy.

Same boat.

Okay guys i just got my SSR yesterday and i dont really know where to start i have an 05 with and S&B intake, Industrail Bag of Parts, 4 in TBE, Built Trans, and SSR i dont want to run a serious tune right now because i dont have injectors or a lift pump yet but i want something that my truck can handle, if that makes sence, i do a lot of driving around town and freeway sometimes, i do like to see smoke, even tho ssr doesnt smoke, but what would be a good starting tune? Im new to this whole custom tuning and i feel like im in over my head ATM :nail:

Okay guys i just got my SSR yesterday and i dont really know where to start i have an 05 with and S&B intake, Industrail Bag of Parts, 4 in TBE, Built Trans, and SSR i dont want to run a serious tune right now because i dont have injectors or a lift pump yet but i want something that my truck can handle, if that makes sence, i do a lot of driving around town and freeway sometimes, i do like to see smoke, even tho ssr doesnt smoke, but what would be a good starting tune? Im new to this whole custom tuning and i feel like im in over my head ATM :nail:

First thing is read my post near the bottom of the last page. Lol

what were all your settings?

Not my point. If you have the stock turbo you dont have a wastegate disable option. Ssr was not intended for use with mostly stock trucks. You really need to consider trading for an S06 if you dont have a basic understanding of things. There are several post in the beginning of this thread to assist in tuning if you are set on running ssr

Find the "similar to tnt sw7" and put the POD at 50.

You really need to consider trading for an S06 if you dont have a basic understanding of things

Funny...
I said the exact same thing on another board and got told about how little I knew or understood about diesel performance.People will never learn and they will always think that they need to have the biggest fueling box/programmer,even if they have no other parts to support it.Then later on,we all bask in the "They Voided my warranty and won't fix my melted down truck" threads...sheesshhh.

Rattle isn't my problem, getting it to not defuel during a shift or just acting the same or close to the same for two runs would be amazing at this point. Or not studdering while launching would be great, but nothing I do duration or timing seems to fix my issues.

It would also be neat to not waste money at the dyno because my tune from the dyno runs awful on the track.

You didnt know all the smart guys are on cf?

Now I do not remember even mentioning the place that happened,wonder how you figured that out...LOL

It would also be neat to not waste money at the dyno because my tune from the dyno runs awful on the track.

Not sure why that would be if your keeping notes as to weather conditions and how the truck responded in those conditions.Dyno should give you a good baseline to go by and a place to start making your adjustments for the weather your competing.

I don't know how a person would start to try and base a tune off weather conditions? I've made probably 15 passes, weather has been differnt each time. Humidity, no humidity, Hot, Cool, Real Hot, somewhere in between how do you begin to even start making guesses on how to adjust for that. It's not like we can log anything.

I know I'm probably Mr. Negative about the tuning options but dang this gets old, and frustrating to boot.

I know with my truck...it's like everytime I hit that key to start it up, it's a diff. truck...behaves diff. each time.

I don't know how a person would start to try and base a tune off weather conditions? I've made probably 15 passes, weather has been differnt each time. Humidity, no humidity, Hot, Cool, Real Hot, somewhere in between how do you begin to even start making guesses on how to adjust for that. It's not like we can log anything.

So you then have zero idea of what the weather was on each pull you were at,correct?.

You certainly can not take a tune thats done for air that has low humidity and cooler temps and expect it to run like that in hot humid swampy air.Its just not going to happen as in that air when your compressing heavy water grains along with your fuel and the oxygen content is low certainly you would want to take away some fuel and timing.

This tuner is about the most weather sensitive item I have ever seen and like you stated along time ago and at times its like throwing darts at a dart board.thus my reason for asking if you tune to the weather.At least if you get a handle on that,even if you do not have a way to data log,you would have half the battle won.

Yeah, and I understand your point but when you have 6 points of where your choosing between 1-50 and don't really know what that's doing with the motor exactly it's hard to make a guess. That's all it would be a guess. So one night it's muggy so you cut the duration down that doesn't work, it's clear the next so you give it more that doesn't work, you leave it alone and you don't know if you should have changed. You would never know if what your doing is actually helping. And I'm not expecting identical runs i understand how air changes things, but I don't see any other puller changing timing or 12 valve guys swapping injectors cause its muggy, and they make consistent passes all day why are we different because there's an electronic component?

I'm guessing those of us that still watching this thread are 03-04 guys right..?

Back