SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

how's the rp dip update coming along? anyone get a special file to test??????????

Yes, the Low Load settings seem to effect everything up to approx 3000 RPM's, so anything in that range is gonna be LL settings. If it's over 3000, you're looking at HL settings.

Which version of the SSR are you using?

Paul

not sure what he means as far as ll settings effecting results to 3k rpmn, I know from sop meter that hl settings come into play earlier than that.

Which version of the SSR are you using?

Paul

Running 1.3

If you think the HL settings are coming in earlier than that, I'm betting you have the TQM turned up.

The one thing I notice on the torque levels above 1 is that it surges at shifts under less than WOT.

Mines not real streetable on settings above 2. It goes from light throttle to higher throttle with no throttle inout at the shift point.

It great at WOT, but not for driving. I need to set it back down to 1 for that.

Last edited:
how's the rp dip update coming along? anyone get a special file to test??????????

I have been running a file Marco sent me last week. RP is not a problem with this one! I have been communicating with him back and forth via email. I should here back from him tomorrow.

not sure what he means as far as ll settings effecting results to 3k rpmn, I know from sop meter that hl settings come into play earlier than that.

Running 1.3

If you think the HL settings are coming in earlier than that, I'm betting you have the TQM turned up.

The one thing I notice on the torque levels above 1 is that it surges at shifts under less than WOT.

Mines not real streetable on settings above 2. It goes from light throttle to higher throttle with no throttle inout at the shift point.

It great at WOT, but not for driving. I need to set it back down to 1 for that.

I would like to know from Marco where the LL and HL setting kick in or should I say overlap. Finding the issue with RP drop is a bit harder when you don't know out RP setting for LL and HL interact.

TQM also changes all your setting around a bit too as I have come to figure out. Great posts on the SSR that you have posted. Thanks for all the info!

I have been running a file Marco sent me last week. RP is not a problem with this one! I have been communicating with him back and forth via email. I should here back from him tomorrow.

I would like to know from Marco where the LL and HL setting kick in or should I say overlap. Finding the issue with RP drop is a bit harder when you don't know out RP setting for LL and HL interact.

TQM also changes all your setting around a bit too as I have come to figure out. Great posts on the SSR that you have posted. Thanks for all the info!

No kidding.... for some reason my dosent pull no where near as hard on Tqm1 as it did on Tqm2, when I had the SSR set on Tqm2 the throttle was touchy but man did it PULL HARD.....

What he said. Beyond that if your ECM from the factory had different software in it, you maybe wasting your time copying someone elses settings. There can be different softwares in the same year of truck. One of the major advantages of SSR, is the fact that you can change the settings.

That's not how Dodge programmers work. They load a program to the ECM based on the calibration ID present in the ECM.

It doesn't matter if your ECM has never been reflashed from the day it rolled off the assembly line or if it has had each and every Chrysler update, it will receive the same exact file from the Smarty.

And then when it is returned to "stock", it will receive the "stock" file that is in the Smarty's software. Your "never updated" ECM will be updated to whatever factory flash is in the Smarty's software.

Just FYI :D

No kidding.... for some reason my dosent pull no where near as hard on Tqm1 as it did on Tqm2, when I had the SSR set on Tqm2 the throttle was touchy but man did it PULL HARD.....

TQM affects how the fueling comes in. I know higher TQM numbers do make it seem like the truck pulls harder because it does if you stick with the settings from the previous TQM setting(1 vs 2) on V 1.3.

With the new Software Marco sent me to test, I had to turn down TQM from 2 back to1. The truck fuels much harder; RP ramps up faster.

I really do like the new stock TQ management tune I've worked with since yesterday

TQ stock
15/35/30
28/28/26

I worked from LLT 18 and lld 34 back down to the above. Im still working on the rail, hope the new fixes smooths stuff out a little. the rampup at off idle and minimal throttle needs to lighten up. think creaper 1st gear going from 2mph to 4mph, too touchy. however once your moving, faster ramp

btw, the "chug chug" fix may be too much duration. I had a chugging on lld 32, gone for the most part on 30.

this is excellant reading for future use...thanks jason and richard, as well as the rest of you

Anyone else notices that when you give the truck throttle from say 1800rpm, if you don't gradually increase the throttle input with the rpm's the truck falls on it's face? I suppose this is a characteristic of a non-map tune or something that uses very little of the map.

Like with my golf, when I accelerate I give it 1/2 throttle or something and let the rpm's climb, when I'm ready to shift or reached my desired mph, I back off. With the truck, in order to do that, you be accelerating real fast to get that same driving characteristic. You can't do that going slow with our increasing the throttle slowly as the rpm's rise.

this is excellant reading for future use...thanks jason and richard, as well as the rest of you

^This^

Even though I'm so happy to have my truck running well, I'm am waiting until I get my injectors back from Marco to put much more time into tuning.. My Flux 4's are a good bit bigger than Marco's supposed 90's...But I still say they bigger than 90... Truck haulz A$$!

Anyone else notices that when you give the truck throttle from say 1800rpm, if you don't gradually increase the throttle input with the rpm's the truck falls on it's face? I suppose this is a characteristic of a non-map tune or something that uses very little of the map.

I think what you may be experiencing is the RP drop I have been posting on.

Running 1.3

The earlier verision the transition between the LL and the HL settings was more noticable. Especially at WOT. The transition uses calculated load, so the rpm is not exactly the same depending on other conditions, such as throttle position, boost and rpm. Different OEM software calibrations also seem to calculate load differently, so from one truck to another, they may behave differently. For example my truck daily drives fine with the TQ on 2.

Paul

The earlier verision the transition between the LL and the HL settings was more noticable. Especially at WOT. The transition uses calculated load, so the rpm is not exactly the same depending on other conditions, such as throttle position, boost and rpm. Different OEM software calibrations also seem to calculate load differently, so from one truck to another, they may behave differently. For example my truck daily drives fine with the TQ on 2.

Paul

If it's using calculated load, then you should easily be able to manipulate that point.

Calculated load is often a fooled function in some of the modules, like most Edge modules.

That's one of the functions that is give away when you hook the StarScan to the truck....that function will RARELY ever show more than 60%.

If that was the case, someone running a module may never even see the HL settings.

Also, if it is using the calculated load, having the StarScan or even a cheap scanner will show what percentage that break point is.

And if it's a set parameter, we should be able to manipulate it to suit the needs of the truck.

If someone has an Edge Comp or Juice module, hook it up and run the SSR tune and check your load tables. I'd be interested to see if it indeed breaks like that.

My truck shows a calculated load of 100% most of the way down the track. It hits 100% before the 60'.

Paul

Can you get 100% load at less then 100% throttle?

I don't know. The only time I log calculated load is during a 1/4 mile pass. I do know that you can get less then 100% calculated load at 100% throttle. If I put shift defuel to stock, do a boosted launch it shows much less then 100% calculated load when it defuels. The ECM also pulls calculated load when it starts to defuel at high rpm. This is all on my truck, can't speak for others...

Paul

Back