SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Well, hopefully Marco will hop on here an give us some insight on 3 things.

1 - What is the actual trigger point between LL and HL?
- If it is based on calculated load, is it something that we can get as an end user function in a future release? Being able to modify that parameter would be HUGE for trucks that see multiple duties or even single duties. Imagine the guy that daily drives and doesn't want HL until say 75% load. Or the guy on the track that wants LL on the line and HL as soon as he smashes it....or even being able to use it as a "trans brake" when it sees the brake applied so you can limit engine power to say 20 psi on the brake.

2 - What is changing the TQM settings actually doing?
- Is it simply increase the ramp rate on the throttle or is it other factors?

3 - What are the actual values of the numbers in the parameters?
- This will help those of us tuning our own or others trucks have and understanding of what will be a good start point for different setups?

If you need it, I've got all the dyno time in the world to spend messing with it.

Last edited:
You are asking for info they will NEVER share, I dont know why, but they wont. Many have tried.

I will, however, have this info shortly. When we get efi live piped in it will be able to tell us atleast the timing values anyway. To bad the manufacturer cant take a couple of seconds to type.

I too have unlimited access to our Dyno but it would be nice to cut off some of the time. Of all the tuning we do at our shop this is the only tuner that says "try this and then turn it up, if you lose power turn it back down"

WTF

Last edited:
Mind telling us more about this? Thanks Jason

The ecu uses wheel speed as part of the fueling maps. when there's no wheel speed it defaults to what ever it defaults too. For me it was like turning up the torque management. I saw 100% load come in quicker on my plx odbii phone app.

You are asking for info they will NEVER share, I dont know why, but they wont. Many have tried.

I will, however, have this info shortly. When we get efi live piped in it will be able to tell us atleast the timing values anyway. To bad the manufacturer cant take a couple of seconds to type.

I too have unlimited access to our Dyno but it would be nice to cut off some of the time. Of all the tuning we do at our shop this is the only tuner that says "try this and then turn it up, if you lose power turn it back down"

WTF

Just asking, but are you saying that if you knew the supposed values that you'd be able to tune it quicker or better in some way?

You would still have to try going up or down based on the dyno curve seen, right?

I personally think reading the dyno sheet and listening to what the truck with its mods wants will be just as effective... Knowing the numbers won't really matter if the dyno says the same results.. Right?

Last edited:
Who cares....

The secrete is to prevent others from copying....a threat that is made daily with efi live coming bup to speed.

I too could care less about the real values...all that matters can be tested with real world results. Mileage, hp, track times etc. There is a reason they lead and all others follow...I would not share either.

I am just thankfull I have more and more ways to tweak with SSR than ever before.

I used to have to use the TST to do it before...now you don't.

Thanks Marco.

The transition point would be nice...

Just asking, but are you saying that if you knew the supposed values that you'd be able to tune it quicker or better in some way?

You would still have to try going up or down based on the dyno curve seen, right?

I personally think reading the dyno sheet and listening to what the truck with its mods wants will be just as effective... Knowing the numbers won't really matter if the dyno says the same results.. Right?

Dave, knowing the true values of the numbers allows you to make changes on the fly as conditions change.

The settings that work in one place don't work in another. It's like selecting tubine housings and wheel sizes.....it's a little bit of black magic to get the right combo of spool up, response, back pressure and EGT control for a given application.

What works for us here in GA / AL isn't going to work as well as in say Colorado. If you have more / less air to work with, or higher temps, or different air density, it effects your tuning.

Knowing ACTUAL values lets you take an educated swing at the changes into a safe range as you dial it in as conditions dictate. It's why race teams collect data at different tracks; one setup here doesn't work there. Having the data is what makes money in those .001 second wins / loses.

It's like tossing nitrous or boost at a gas motor. I know when I toss another 50 hp worth of nitrous to the motor, I'm pulling another 2 degrees of timing. I may have to pull out 8 degrees on the plate and 11 on the fogger. If I don't I risk blowing the motor up and going from there lets me read what the motor is doing to 1 - make power and 2 - not damage the motor.

That's just an example, but you get the point.

Conditions change, situations change, knowing what you're doing can make the difference in setting a record or destroying a motor. It's no different than if I toss a Predator on a Hemi truck, I can tweak timing values up or down in certain RPM ranges and I know what those values are. It's no secret, IT's TUNING.

SSR is an AWESOME leap forward, but there are still things we can use to make it better. Some of them simple, some of them not.

Last edited:
My last anology on the subject.....

Knowing the values is like putting a tool in the tool box.

With those tools, I can make things or I can break things and selecting the right tool for the right application is what gets the job done.

You don't use an 8 oz hammer to do framing, right? Just like you don't use a 5 lb sledge to hang pictures.

Marco has put THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME TOOL to date in our hands, but that's what it is, a tool. What YOU do WITH that tool is the secret for the guys tuning.

WTF

So, let me get this right.....

You want to tell the guy you're going to reverse engineer his stuff, call him out and criticize his product and then expect assistance.

That's like a guy coming to the shop and *****ing at me for something he broke.....I'll tell ya flat out, I can help ya or tell ya to go **** yourself.

What other "tuner" gives you the flexibility to modify the parameters that SSR does? NONE and most don't achieve even close to their advertised power ratings.

Sugar and ****....each gets different results.

Last edited:
Cummin-a-long, I've been bumping up the rail pressure even more.. It's not as annoying on Stock vs TQ1. In fact with the LLR on 45, it's drive able and seems to be just a smooth. For some reason I even think the motor rattles less. I need to make a 4th or 5th gear pull to over 3000rpm and see if the rail hangs or not still. The drive into work it was nice.

raychem, With the rail turned up higher, I still have that dip you described in actual pressure, followed by smoke on anything but super light acceleration. :)

Cummin-a-long, I've been bumping up the rail pressure even more.. It's not as annoying on Stock vs TQ1. In fact with the LLR on 45, it's drive able and seems to be just a smooth. For some reason I even think the motor rattles less. I need to make a 4th or 5th gear pull to over 3000rpm and see if the rail hangs or not still. The drive into work it was nice.

raychem, With the rail turned up higher, I still have that dip you described in actual pressure, followed by smoke on anything but super light acceleration. :)

Yup, mine is similar with the LLRP on 40. I may bump that a bit more.

I get a light little puff under normal acceleration and then it goes right away.

I have mine on TQM 2 right now and I'm actually getting less smoke, good rail pressure pick up and smooth acceleration under normal driving. Only thing I don't like is it delays the shift points.

I've only had it on there since yesterday, but it's nice.

If I smash on it at more than 10 - 15 psi, it hazes grey, but it doesn't black out the planet.

WTF

Uhh, thats how you tune anything with any tuning device on a dyno...

got really good sop tune
tq1
llt 30
hlt 30
llr45
hlr 40
lld21
hld30

i am still seeing the drop in rail press when i am curising and i lay in to it a bit it comes back but drops to like 14000 about then ramps up again

got really good sop tune
tq1
llt 30
hlt 30
llr45
hlr 40
lld21
hld30

i am still seeing the drop in rail press when i am curising and i lay in to it a bit it comes back but drops to like 14000 about then ramps up again

The drop associated with smoke too?

When marco fixes that, spooling the charger(s) will be a bunch faster ont he street I'm sure!

When I validate that the HLR on 45 isn't going to create a hang I'm going to play with upping the timing and duration a little to see if things change. It's getting border line too sensitive with the throttle at this point, but that's what the POD is for I suppose.

surprised you are hitting it with that much low level pressure, but hey, if its running good,sweet. Spoke to my injector builder today, and taking a ride with a tech later...... might be well on my way to brand new bodies to replace the remans that were part of the last upgrade, remans aren't cutting it.

Back