SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I like that idea...LOL

I FINALLY got a long weekend and am going to begin with my SSR this weekend on my 05 this weekend.I spent the last couple days looking over both the threads on here and CF seeing what everyone has used for starting points and will try and use a truck thats built close to mine.

I have seen in both threads where guys are removing their MP8's with the SSR.Would this be a wise idea before I start or just keep it turned off like I do for daily driving purposes?.

From what I have read so far if this can control the low end smoke better and get these two big chargers going a bit faster it will be worth my while.I really do like the way the truck runs with the TNT-R and am hoping I didn't make a mistake with the SSR.......Andy
lol, i feel the same way with tnt-r, my truck runs so good with that tune..im just gonna hold back for a few months and watch everyone's feedback...

Marco, we feel for you, some people have an agenda that has nothing to do with the good of the smarty, but the numbers of us that considder smarty #1 have our own agenda also, making it even better. for the few that strive for their own gains, so be it, they will always be the minority, and looked down upon, no matter how fast they go...... look at wade for example, nuff said.

lol, i feel the same way with tnt-r, my truck runs so good with that tune..im just gonna hold back for a few months and watch everyone's feedback...

Man, just go for it.

Once you get it dialed in you won't look back.

:Cheer:

yeah but if his truck goes any faster he's gonna be buckin up for a roll cage.......

Ok just loaded the SSR today and started out with the LRP and HRP off. My lld 15, hld 25, llt 15, hlt 25. I will say the down low smoke is much less than I had with the PPE. The power comes on smooth and fuels hard as phuck! This is with rail pressure only getting to 20k. I'm gonna hit the dyno in the next few, and until then I will use some seat of the pants tuning. Thanks Marco and everyone else for the feedback!

From the track last night...

Unfortunately...I am out of gear:doh: Need taller tires or lower gears. Still leaving pretty soft also.

6,910 lbs., fuel only. at 1000' truck just stops pulling. Going through the traps at 3950 rpm.

2922438310033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

2546176780033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

Nice run Greg!!
Didn't you mean "higher" gears?

After getting the report on my injectors after the repairs, I'm going to look for at least one 10.99 slip with hopefully only my spare tire and junk removed..

I can't wait to start tunning again but with my sticks! :)

keep these reports coming guys! I had an SSR beta, but didn't use it because my 06 was for sale and I didn't want to risk anything.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an SSR after hearing all of these smoke reduction results! :D :D :D

keep these reports coming guys! I had an SSR beta, but didn't use it because my 06 was for sale and I didn't want to risk anything.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an SSR after hearing all of these smoke reduction results! :D :D :D

Just watch kickin in the HL. It let's her have it, lol.

From the track last night...

Unfortunately...I am out of gear:doh: Need taller tires or lower gears. Still leaving pretty soft also.

6,910 lbs., fuel only. at 1000' truck just stops pulling. Going through the traps at 3950 rpm.

2922438310033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

2546176780033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

greg looks good, im also out of gear, heck i have 410's...

I think my previous data is null and void.

I also think torque management is broke on my truck. why? well with the tnt(r) anything on torque greater the one would hang the motor. even on a throttle blip. I never got that with TQ 2 or lower with the ssr.

now what's weird is running lots of llr, llt, lld on stock TQ, the motor doesn't rattle!

24/40/24 ran city street and highway with no rattle. cruise is still broke. just getting into the throttle boost hits 60easily. this is the exact oppsite experience i had with 1.1,1.3 and tq1

more dyno time required soon for sure.

I also think torque management is broke on my truck. why? well with the tnt(r) anything on torque greater the one would hang the motor. even on a throttle blip. I never got that with TQ 2 or lower with the ssr.

now what's weird is running lots of llr, llt, lld on stock TQ, the motor doesn't rattle!

24/40/24 ran city street and highway with no rattle. cruise is still broke. just getting into the throttle boost hits 60easily. this is the exact oppsite experience i had with 1.1,1.3 and tq1

What version are you running now?

David what's the scoop on the injectors,,,?

:evil

Well.... Lets just say they are repaired and will fly over the pond next week...

Still using the Flux 4 nozzles...

Had one really acting up.. gaining over 10% output with them all repaired. (not even factoring the bad one in)

Almost scared to find out how it's gonna run... LOL

:thankyou2: Marco

:bow:

Last edited:

Finding pretty much the same sort of settings are working on mine, it has tons of issues on TQ1 or above but I can crank it up. On TQ0 it does really bring out the drop in rail pressure on low load low rpm partial throttle accelerations. Any word on when the next version might be coming along to put this to rest?
scott

Back