SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

All your injector ins and out, how many times have you changed you connector tubes? just wondering 'cause I think I am either going to get brand new bosch stainless bodies,or see what would be involved with getting Marco to work on mine like he did yours.

Sorry for the long post beforehand. I have kept up with this entire thread and convinced two good buddy's to buy ssr's. As I do not have a cr no longer.. Both are early 04's running 1.3a software. The first truck has schied 100 injectors, 120% ii cp3, airdog, and fleece s366 billet 6 blade charger. It defaintely is a better running truck than before with the TNT and lots more drivable.. Smoke, touchy throttle ect. But.. It's a 6 Spd truck and every gear you shift hard without lifting. Its like you let completely off it and then floored it again. Does it everytime. Any suggestions?? Thanks guys

So i am new to this ssr and have one on my 05 with 200hp sticks, 2.6 charger, dual pumps and cam. Last night pulled it for the first time and it wouldnt spool its an auto. My settings were llt 15 hlt33 llrp 30 hlrp 50 lld 30 hld 15. Boost was around 50 and egts were around 1600. I was just wondering if someone could give me a couple pointers on helping me get it tuned up.
Thanks Dallas

All your injector ins and out, how many times have you changed you connector tubes? just wondering 'cause I think I am either going to get brand new bosch stainless bodies,or see what would be involved with getting Marco to work on mine like he did yours.

Before I tore into this thing and when I was trying to diagnose my sputtering / missing issue, I bought brand new ones from Snedge (Mumau Rocks!!!)

So i am new to this ssr and have one on my 05 with 200hp sticks, 2.6 charger, dual pumps and cam. Last night pulled it for the first time and it wouldnt spool its an auto. My settings were llt 15 hlt33 llrp 30 hlrp 50 lld 30 hld 15. Boost was around 50 and egts were around 1600. I was just wondering if someone could give me a couple pointers on helping me get it tuned up.
Thanks Dallas

Not nearly enough LLT or RP, too much LLD and too little HLD.

Your settings will make a great smoke show, but you're quenching the flame on the bottom and you're not extending the duration far enough on the top end.

Get the truck on the dyno. Trying to tune it from the seat isnt going to get you the results you want.

listen to cummin a long. it's true. im still playing around with the higher timing and duration numbers my self. 30/40/26 for the lowend.... I haven put this combo through the paces yet tho.

I'd suggest tuning things on stock torque management as well.

I've been following this thread for some time now and I'm having an issue with rpm's hanging. I have the 1.3a software loaded with the close to tnt-7 sw7 settings with llrp 30 and hlrp 35. Any ideas what I could try to make this stop?

Edit. Tq is set on 1.

I've been following this thread for some time now and I'm having an issue with rpm's hanging. I have the 1.3a software loaded with the close to tnt-7 sw7 settings with llrp 30 and hlrp 35. Any ideas what I could try to make this stop?

Edit. Tq is set on 1.

Where is it hanging? WOT or cruising? I would start by lowering LLD and HLD from 30 and 15 to 10 (both LLD and HLD) and work your way up. On 1.3A RP setting really do not affect much at this time. A new SW update should take care of this soon.

Im waiting untill I get on the dyno next weekend before I load SSR and try and get everything dialed in.

Are the guys with the 03-04 trucks still running the TST, or is the SSR software all that is needed.

LL settings 32/40/28
HL settings 32/40/28

Now, the weird part. Making boost going fast. Sounds very good, on boost cleans the exhaust right up. Cruises at speed very well. Cruise control is better, until 80mph then it's pulsing.

Now, when I'm accelerating slowly, under 15psi. using the rpm's, it's smokey. rather smokey. most so then WOT.

That a duration or timing problem?

How many folks notice the smoke levels are perfectly acceptable at say, 60-70 degrees, but once the humidly and heat get up to 70% and 90 degrees, it's a smoke show?

i have been thinking about getting an ssr for my truck but just have a few questions. i was wanting to get it for the extra duration that can be had over tnt but right now i run tnt-r on sw7 and i can hit 1700 degrees. ssr wont help me gain any more power till i get more air right? so as far as more power would i really be able to gain anything while keeping my egts at a safe level? would i be better off waiting till i get a bigger turbo to get the most gain of the ssr?
thanks

i have been thinking about getting an ssr for my truck but just have a few questions. i was wanting to get it for the extra duration that can be had over tnt but right now i run tnt-r on sw7 and i can hit 1700 degrees. ssr wont help me gain any more power till i get more air right? so as far as more power would i really be able to gain anything while keeping my egts at a safe level? would i be better off waiting till i get a bigger turbo to get the most gain of the ssr?
thanks

More air? You got a pretty decent amount now,, how do you like the exergy 100%'s

More air? You got a pretty decent amount now,, how do you like the exergy 100%'s

i really like them, smooth running, low smoke for their size. i will definately be going back to them when i go bigger.
i can hit 55psi pretty quick and it is still hot, i dont know what to do lol

LL settings 32/40/28
HL settings 32/40/28

Now, the weird part. Making boost going fast. Sounds very good, on boost cleans the exhaust right up. Cruises at speed very well. Cruise control is better, until 80mph then it's pulsing.

Now, when I'm accelerating slowly, under 15psi. using the rpm's, it's smokey. rather smokey. most so then WOT.

That a duration or timing problem?

How many folks notice the smoke levels are perfectly acceptable at say, 60-70 degrees, but once the humidly and heat get up to 70% and 90 degrees, it's a smoke show?

Your running SW 1.3A. I had mentioned in earlier posts here and later with Marco that there is a problem with RP dropping off when accelerating at light throttle while underway. The same problem your having now with pulsation and smoke is the same one I have had but just by adjusting your duration (lower it to 15 on the LLD, move up in 5 number increments, fine tune with + or - 2 number intervals) you should be able to take care of. Pulsations are usually caused by the ecm calling for a certain event and the injector not being able to provide it. I think your LLT is ok but duration is too high.

I have been working with Marco and I am running some revised SW that will take care of the RP issue. I am sure he will be releasing an update for this soon. My last email to him this morning was on the release for the next SW update; it is not my call but his.

BTW, do you have an RP gauge?

thanks

I feel as tough you will pick up power. You will be able to tune better for you setup. NOW, you may not make more peak HP but if you can make power for for an additional 3, 4, 5 hundred rpm it is worth more than any additional peak power you can make (any additional power you do is a bonus:D:). You can also tune to your NO2.

You EGTs should be lower...Mine are already down about 200* WOT. I do have a smaller turbo than yours SB 66 and I have not started to tune HLT, HLD and HRP very aggressively yet and only with the SSR, no other changes. I am still running conservative settings. Remember that too much fuel or too little fuel at certain times during the combustion cycle can give you high EGTs

So you know, Dockboy at one point was 40 hp less than the TNT-R but picked up several tenths on the 1/8 or 1/4 mile. Cant recall right now but I think it is part of this thread.

Last edited:
Your running SW 1.3A. I had mentioned in earlier posts here and later with Marco that there is a problem with RP dropping off when accelerating at light throttle while underway. The same problem your having now with pulsation and smoke is the same one I have had but just by adjusting your duration (lower it to 15 on the LLD, move up in 5 number increments, fine tune with + or - 2 number intervals) you should be able to take care of. Pulsations are usually caused by the ecm calling for a certain event and the injector not being able to provide it. I think your LLT is ok but duration is too high.

I have been working with Marco and I am running some revised SW that will take care of the RP issue. I am sure he will be releasing an update for this soon. My last email to him this morning was on the release for the next SW update; it is not my call but his.

BTW, do you have an RP gauge?

yeah, I have a rail gauge. the pressure seems to come back, but to what it's supposed to, not sure :) if that's due to light throttle heavy haze/black smoke. I'll bump things backup and sit tight. under wot with lld at 28, it holds 22k pulls well.

I feel as tough you will pick up power. You will be able to tune better for you setup. NOW, you may not make more peak HP but if you can make power for for an additional 3, 4, 5 hundred rpm it is worth more than any additional peak power you can make (any additional power you do is a bonus:D:). You can also tune to your NO2.

You EGTs should be lower...Mine are already down about 200* WOT. I do have a smaller turbo than yours SB 66 and I have not started to tune HLT, HLD and HRP very aggressively yet and only with the SSR, no other changes. I am still running conservative settings. Remember that too much fuel or too little fuel at certain times during the combustion cycle can give you high EGTs

So you know, Dockboy at one point was 40 hp less than the TNT-R but picked up several tenths on the 1/8 or 1/4 mile. Cant recall right now but I think it is part of this thread.

Well that answered my question, guess its back on the list lol. I had forgotten about Dockboys results.
Thanks again

Back