SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Are injection events being turned off sooner too? say, 3rd gear,35mph is around 2600rpm, the motor is sounding like a vp motor. not really a rattle, just meaner. sounds and runs clean under boost tho. timing is at 32 on the low and high end.

Drop LLT to 30 and see if it is still there. What is your LLD at?

Okay, I'm not trying to be the stick in the mud, but some of the issues that guys are trying to "tune" out would be a lot easier if we knew what the settings were doing and what the ranges were.

Again, not trying to get into any of Marco's secrets, but we're talking guys that are running around with $30K+ motors that are guessing at these settings and don't fully understand what's going on, what's being effected and where changes are taking place.

Marco, we NEED to know what's going on with the tunes and settings. We don't need to know the background voodoo that makes it happen, but we NEED to know the ranges and max values.

Without that knowledge, we're doing 2 things:

1 - Leaving performance on the table
2 - Making it a matter of time before someone does damage that's avoidable.

Making these adjustments blindly doesn't help guys get the most out of the product. That has ALWAYS been my biggest hangup with these tunes....we DO NOT know what the ranges / settings are.

Marco, please, I'm trying to ask this as nicely as I possibly can....

Can you PLEASE let us know what the values of each setting is and what the max range is.

This is info we need to make the most of the tool and not do unnecessary damage.

Last edited:
Drop LLT to 30 and see if it is still there. What is your LLD at?

That's my plan after I see what this last rail change does. LLD is at 24. It possibly a little high for sudden WOT, but sure cleans up on boost the one time I got on the throttle yesterday.

I'm also seriously considering putting my muffler back on. It is kinda hard to hear the motor correctly...

Last edited:
So here I go, just about done with my 2004.5 Thumper
I will be tunning the thumper soon. looking for some base settings to pull with. I also need to know if this can run then as a dily driver or do I reinstall the Banks 6 gun? First shot on Dyno 821hp @ 1600rpm & 1600 ft lbs on Smarty Jr (blew boost boot at 80 psi) and slipped the ATS trans torque converter - (low pressure) Installing new trans now with PCS controller. Done with the stock crap. I'm hoping for 1000 on fuel only.

2004.5 CR Block fire ringed, 5.9 +.020 forged, prepped HP rods- Main girdle, ATI Damper, A11 studs
Big Stick Colt Cams C.343.S-DJS4
Swain Tech Gold Coat & PC9 Marine Slugs
Cam – Colt Cams C.343.S-DJS4
Joker Ported 24V head, dual valve spring, titanium retainers, Hamilton Push Rods
Big Hoss Banks intake & Intercooler
ED Twin Turbo set, 6/74/14 Billet, S483 Billet 83/88
Full Mast ED Injectors +250 HP
Ex Manifold – PDI 3 piece T-4 Flange
Evil Twin Dual CP3 Evil Twin
5 inch magnaflow with 4” twin tails
ATS Stage 5 with TCS input PCS controller
Smarty SSR Tuner
Cal Tracs rear, Customz 4 bar front

Edumacation..

Building uy a diesel is like raising a kid.. Ya don't know what ya don't know until your pain becomes wisdom..

1000 uncorrected whp on #2 with an 83mm primary isn't going to happen.

Lol,,, Buddy best tuck head between your legs and curl up In a fetal position and pray for mercy. Hehe

Thumper-thumper-8565539-640-480.jpg

I always thought a thumper was a large frame turbo... S400's being mid frames.

Back