SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Naw, we don't know what peek Rs and Torque are yet. She busted a inter cooler boot a 1600/80 psi...Had to clean the seats when she busted he he he. I don't think much of ATS trans but am stuck making one work. Looking for some SSR base settings to re dyno the Thumper.. Hopin to pull for the first time the 18th

we just might have to get that new thread started like swole suggested

Naw, we don't know what peek Rs and Torque are yet. She busted a inter cooler boot a 1600/80 psi...Had to clean the seats when she busted he he he. I don't think much of ATS trans but am stuck making one work. Looking for some SSR base settings to re dyno the Thumper.. Hopin to pull for the first time the 18th

go away.

Okay, scratch just dropping the LLD.

Had the rail pressure hang on me twice today.

Lasted 3 - 4 seconds and had to drop it into neutral to get it stop pulling.

Gonna have to put it back on the dyno.

:) Figured you would ;-) when it ramps up, it freaking ramps up!

What these CR's need is a BOV for fuel that's throttle controlled. the spring loaded "ohh chit" valve is unpredictable and doesn't help with rail pressure induced hangs. If you go from 100% throttle to 0 and valve opening dumping a bunch of fuel would be the ticket.

Last edited:
It's not ramping any higher than before, it's just hanging like it used to with the TNT/R.

I rolled on it from 4th gear and as soon as I let off.....just kept pulling.

Thought, okay, maybe a fluke......did it again and the same thing happened.

Back on the dyno she goes.

For now I reloaded 1.3....I just don't have time this week to spend 6 hours dynoing my junk.

I'm busy this weekend too, so the earliest I'll get it strapped back down is next weekend.

I'll do the same things as last time so we can see the setting differences.

Last edited:
what I think would be really cool; is if there was some certification program for SSR tuners, say get 8 to 10 guys throughout the US that are extremely knowledgeable and have them host dyno tuning events/ sales events around the country in their territory. Waivers would be needed and they could also decide based on truck conditions/ supporting mods if they would even touch the truck.

Before you get on the dyno, you sign the liability waiver anyways. Bottom line, things break and the dyno operator has no way of knowing your trucks true condition and what you've put it through / how close parts are to failing as it is.

When you sign the waiver, you are stating that the vehicle is in good working condition and you understand that it will be pushed and some times things break. It's totally at your own risk.

That's why it costs $100 an hour for unlimited pulls if you're tuning it and it's $150 an hour if you want it tuned for you.

That's also why knowing what the settings and values are is key. Without knowing that, you're in the dark.

Last edited:
you get first vote for being certified in my book, you know what you're doing, and are thorough.

you get first vote for being certified in my book, you know what you're doing, and are thorough.

Oh no.....I wouldn't go that far.....expert I am not.

I'm still trying to figure this sucker out.

Just going from 1.3 to 1.4 is a totally different animal and the settings aren't compatible, so it's starting from scratch with this version.

I put it back to 1.3 so I can try some new parts coming today at the track tomorrow, but next week I'll try to get some time to strap it back down and see what it'll do.

Last edited:
Dang right 1.4 is different! Noticed my egt's yesterday climbed nice and steady then hl settings kicked in and egt's were off the chart. On the older files it was steady all the way through a romp. Im not wasting time dyno'ing my truck till Marco says this is as good as it gets for a while. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

my truck was hanging like it did with tntr so i turned both llr and hlr to stock and seems good drives really good i will try putting rail up and to see where it starts to act up .

my truck was hanging like it did with tntr so i turned both llr and hlr to stock and seems good drives really good i will try putting rail up and to see where it starts to act up .

thats flat out dangerous...if that ever happened to me at the end of a run at the track, it would be the end of me and my truck...im sure marco will fix that soon hopefully...be carefull.......

Last edited:

sounds like what mine is doing, at wot when i let off the rail pressure kind goes back and forth i have to get back in it and roll out of the throttle slowly, had a guy say it was acting like the fca was hanging up but it didn't do it until i loaded the ssr

Anyone running a TC adjustable PRV haveing these problems? That may be a easy fix. Mine used to hang at the the big end when I'd get off of it on the sled track until the modified valve. Now it idles right down

Home...drop RP on both LL and HL to 1 and work your way back up. Drop your duration to 10 and work you way back up. Your old setting will not play well with the new SW. The load v. rpm v rp tables have changed considerably. Remember that the older SW would drop rp while you were acceleration while under load over 40%....this one does not.

Can't stress this enough.

As an example...my RP is down in 1.4 from 30 to 5 on both LL and HL. My duration in down 10-15 points in 1.4 both LL and HL.

Thanks for this info....will try this in the morning. Have to take inlaws up to LA and will be a good try out...like a couple others (at least) that's waiting to see if there'll be updates before heading to dyno....

Thanks for this info....will try this in the morning. Have to take inlaws up to LA and will be a good try out...like a couple others (at least) that's waiting to see if there'll be updates before heading to dyno....

I agree Thanks for the info! I've got 1.4a downloaded to my laptop just need to load it into the Smarty...

Question guys...
I had a leaking Floor It Stage 3.5, truck ran fine with the SSR (other than the little things with the earlier SSR versions) well John sent me another pump and now I've got a surging issue, took the FCA off the leaking pump and put on the new pump and seemed to take care of it untill I start to cruse, then the surging comes back... COULD this be a tuning issue I've got and need to back things off?
Gonna load the 1.4a in tonight and see what I've got....
Sorry for the dumb question and I know its hard to tell till I load the new 1.4a, just want to see what some think...

Back