SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

With my set up, my trans hates tq1/tq2, temps are up (R tune- norm 165-170) (tq1/tq2 temp is 185-195) (tq3-back down to norm.) and shifts are rougher tq1/2..tq3 shifts are smooth/norm...stock stahl type conv. with high press. vb., both are Dave's.

I tried with the low settings and actually is better with my mods. Only thing that sucks is my quad rail gauge took a dump so I didn't/don't have the lr or hr on any high numbers, nothing above 30/30 but now have it down to 4/4. I tried the settings according to tntr #7 ( instructions) at 1st and wasn't close to what I had with R tune but that was with tq1 set. Never tried with tq3.

right now with llt12 llr3 lld10-= ht30 hr3 hd10

Of cource I have a rail press gauge in route but some sources were out of stock from autometer man....don't know the story on that..either alot of ppl started ordering rail gauges all at once or parts was hard to get??

I was informed that AM had a person splice into stock wires, I plan on using quads plugs to splice into so I can keep the stock wires intact. When the gauge gets here next wk, and I see what's up, unless someone has another opinion...

I will be towing 7K #'s on Sun. and I'm tempted to return to stock settings just to be on safe side. 75 mile round trip and most likely heavy traffic on the way home...

With Marco's info on rail press/duration....and me with no rail gauge.

Ok. so I'm confused. If you fixed the low throttle response, how come the high end hangs as soon as the rpm's get over 3200?

26/20/20
28/22/22

This let the rail hang big time. Worse yet with the rails at 40 :)

Lowering the LLR to under 20 creates that "dip" in pressure. That dip creates smoke. Still hangs. I want this dip removed. shouldn't have a dip with dual stage 2 pumps...

Lowering the HLR to 10, keeping the LLR at 20 hangs just a tiny bit! ok, so I'm closer. however high end power is gone! :( at this point I just came home yesterday. I plan to do a few more runs this morning while it's cool out.

Looks to me with 1.4a I need to work on the high end numbers to get rid of the rail hang.

I did try lower the the duration to as low as 14. the smoke was brown? it smoked more, drove worse, kinda came up on power. no rail hang. I think the minimum I can run is 20 on the llduration to allow the turbo to spool nicly. 22 is even better but gets smokier if you get on the throttle to quick. Timing rattle isn't there with the timing values at 26 and 28. I've been leaving these allon for the most part.

I'm going to play with higher rail and lower high end duration numbers this morning and see how it works out.

argh. I can for the life of me tune out off boost smoke when I wanna get going once on boost, clears up. goes faster the more duration timing added

argh. suggestions?

like on wot in 5, grab 6th its a large puff :)

Last edited:
This might be a retared question, if so please slap me across the face, but doesnt the release of EFI Live make everything else kinda....crude? For 06-07 CR 5.9L at the moment that is.

I do NOT mean to disrespect anyone or belittle MADS work, god knows I could not do what they do.

I am just curious what the general consensus is. I am also curious how many SSR users will be switching over to EFI Live.

Again, if I am an idiot (highly likely) please let me know. I wont get mad or fly off the hand like most people.

This might be a retared question, if so please slap me across the face, but doesnt the release of EFI Live make everything else kinda....crude? For 06-07 CR 5.9L at the moment that is.

I do NOT mean to disrespect anyone or belittle MADS work, god knows I could not do what they do.

I am just curious what the general consensus is. I am also curious how many SSR users will be switching over to EFI Live.

Again, if I am an idiot (highly likely) please let me know. I wont get mad or fly off the hand like most people.

Well for right now the 03-05 trucks don't have efi as an option and the ssr is a vast improvement over the s-06. Im sure alot will jump ship when its available to all. But if you have read through this thread it is difficult enough tuning with 7 or 8 parameters to work with. Efi going to require some serious knowledge of cr's to do your own tuning. They each will have their place and customer base depending on needs/wants.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ditto that! I am fine with SSR once my build is done, I will also buy the EFI Live product.

argh. I can for the life of me tune out off boost smoke when I wanna get going once on boost, clears up. goes faster the more duration timing added

argh. suggestions?

like on wot in 5, grab 6th its a large puff :)

i hate that as well all the off boost smoke cleans up fast and good when over 10 pounds but under that and it rolls smoke

Thanks for replies guys:Cheer:. That kinda of what I figured. I would be apprehensive to change a vehicles set-up once it was dialed and running great. The risk might be worth the reward though, never know though. Gotta bet big to win big they say.

At any rate I gotta find a nice CR Cummins now;).

I give up.....

I wanted to update the program in my SRR before I messed with it today since I have all day and nothing to do.Followed the instructions to update the SRR and got a FTD2xx driver issue.I followed the instruction on the website to fix that issue and there is nothing wrong with the driver as its installed yet the USB program will not update it due to it saying its not there.Any Ideas Gang?????????

I am running Windows XP Home and its current and updated.

Man I HATE computers and am really beginning to dislike all the hassles with this truck and its needed software.

did you unzip the file with 7zip? the file you are trying to upload to the smarty must have an smt extension, not a 7zip..... the hassles will be worth it when she sets you back in your seat.

1.4 seems a lot stronger through low to mid rpm at wot, and more smokey. I still get the wot feeling at 3/4 throttle at certain times, a big puff of smoke and its gone. Maybe it's the way I'm driving? I'm going to turn down the ll duration to aid in reducing smoke. It's 77 out right now so it might not be helping.
Timing ll 22/hl 31, rp ll 18/hl 30, dur ll 20/hl 29

1.4 seems a lot stronger through low to mid rpm at wot, and more smokey. I still get the wot feeling at 3/4 throttle at certain times, a big puff of smoke and its gone. Maybe it's the way I'm driving? I'm going to turn down the ll duration to aid in reducing smoke. It's 77 out right now so it might not be helping.
Timing ll 22/hl 31, rp ll 18/hl 30, dur ll 20/hl 29

77* ??

Man!! consider yourself LUCKY!!!

Been 90+ for the past week or so...Several days in the mid to upper 90's...

Today will be 96*...

Does NOT work well to control smoke or help spool....... Of course I'm in uniform and work all day Fri, Sat, and today... Ugh! I'd rather be out driving my truck...

Lol this spring has been horrible for temps. Usually were into the 80's and 90's ourselves by now.

I get some really bad shudder around 1900-2100 rpm. Rp just bounces around 14000-21000 from what I could see. I wonder with the load it's switching inbetween ll and hl?

I get some really bad shudder around 1900-2100 rpm. Rp just bounces around 14000-21000 from what I could see. I wonder with the load it's switching inbetween ll and hl?

large variance between low and high numbers is hte possible cause.

Mike...
Yes I did unzip the file with 7zip and have the smt file.
Even went and checked and did the ftdibus.cat file deal and it still will NOT update at all.
I wasn't going to do the update at all but the SSR I have is number 19 so I thought I would make out better with the newest software.I have tried to do the update with both my desktop and my laptop and they both do the same thing when you attempt to update the SSR.

All the hassles Worth the setting you back in the seat.....
From where I sit,The custom program that Marco wrote for this truck thats in my S06 right now way outperforms this almost $800 paperweight I have here.And as for setting you in the seat,I can not imagine it hitting harder than the S06 that came with the truck so I will have to take your word for it.If what your saying is true then the 880 my truck has already made should be easily eclipsed IF I ever get the dern SSR ready and NOT miss another dyno appointment due to it.

Still having that 12v monkey on my back or this big black cloud that is following the truck around is very frustrating to me.

No Windows 7 Machine near here at all,probably will not be one until my XP machines quit running period.

We have(Jessey's machine)a POS Vista machine thats not that old as she had just got it right before 7 came out.There will be no 7 machines here for a long while as we would rather finish the addition to the house instead of more money wasted on a computer we should not need for a update.

I will try and call Bob tomorrow and see if he has any ideas before I put the SSR in the classifieds and get rid of it.

Back