SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Do any of you manual guys notice a hesitation at about 2500 rpm's? At light or heavy acceleration my truck will hesitate or surge (not sure how to explain it). It only happens for a second then it goes away. It's almost like it's gaining power then hits a flat spot, then picks up again. Currently running v1.4 LLT 15 HLT29 LLRP30 HLRP35 LLD20 HLD23

I wonder if it's the large difference in timing values. they need to be closer together for the street

currently I'm running:
26/19/22
28/21/24

lld on 22 feels strong and clean. working the rail to smooth things out while accelerating

marco: suggestion. for us with bigger injectors under the charger it doesn't look like we could tune out off boost smoke and make big power with out being careful how we roll into the throttle. I can two stage the throttle, smoke free and fast at any speed, that's annoying and not streetable.

could something be added that dials back the throttle position/pulse width until a set boost is achieved? max throttle 20% under 25psi would be two values we could tune?

Has any one worked on tow settings or are the using the same. 12,000#

for towing, I'd use 50/50/50 and 50/50/50.

ON Edit since the user is new.....Jason posted this as a joke. It would be very bad to use those settings to tow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case someone doesn't realize, that would be a very bad idea.

buzz.jpg

:shake:

Gang,
sorry for being silent these past days! Yesterday was a holiday here, that makes for a short and BUSY week.

I'll try to explain what's involved with the "hanging throttle".
It's a combination of the modifyed : injecotors / CP3 ('s) / rail relief valve and of course software.
The parts in the SW involced are : Duration and Rail pressure.

Let's say we race a stock everything truck. When we lift @ the big end the ECM commands lower duration and lower rail pressure. With the flow numbers of a stock injector the ECM strategy is more than enough to cut the power almost instantly.

Now we race with a truck with a modified CP3, way taller injecotrs and a blocked relieve valve AND with the software we command way longer duration way higher RP.

What happens at the big end when we lift is that the flow through the injectors is still enough to keep pulling. That's due to the RP that has no way to go other than the injectors, when the duration is cut back it's still too much to reduce the power instantly ( it's increased, right? ).
In poor words, we run into some physical limit of our "sytem" the truck.

The cure for the hanging throttle is lower duration and / or lower rail pressure.
Depending upon mainly the flow rate of the injectors...

Now let me spend a couple words about the latest version 14. The ONLY change done to it compared to the previous version is the low low low load RP. NOTHING else has changed! At cruising speed ( that's the low low low thinghy..) the RP is now more responsive / will raise faster when accelerating.

You need to keep a couple simple concepts in mind. Too much fuel is just that, too much. When you add RP it's like saying you increase the duration. Higher pressure will force more fuel through the injectors just like a longer duration does.

If you find the right duration and then ADD more RP to it, then what you will likely get is only one thing, lost performance and more smoke. A different story is if you got enough fuel from the CP3 but have smallish injecotrs. Then adding RP to the duration will in fact add more fuel which MAY be useful.
If the sticks are already tall enough then there's not point in raising the RP.

Now you can decide if you want to fuel the engine with pressure OR with duration. Depends upon your build! Too much of both... well, the throttle hangs, smoke, EGT's....

Marco

In poor words, one step up in RP, one step down in duration.

Back