SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Mods can start a JLS1058 "bashing" thread and let folks have at it, if they like....

But for Marco's / Bob's sake, Lets keep this one Solely about the SSR..

Thanks folks!! (promise I'm not trying to sound like an A$$, just wanna give Marco the best platform possible for his new awesome product)

Got another issue. the trottle fix you made worked but when i went to adjust pod truck lost all thottle again untell unloaded and reloaded programmer

I've got some nasty rp hang on the latest file. Anyone else. Full on romp and let out anywhere north of 3200 rpm and it hangs bad!

Sent from my DROIDX

yeah rail on hl and LL 30. that saw 4200 rpm real quick in 2nd and 3rd. however 5th and 6th was just fine. lowering this to 10.....

my vp44 sound at very lightly loaded high rpm got a little better with loweing the timing to 30 on the high and low.

Last edited:
Ll 15 hl 30. My hang is in 5th and 6th gear. Maybe Marco needs to give us a manual trans tune. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

mine hung after I disengauged the clutch after wot in 3 and 4. lowing the low end to 10 fixed that :)

what are your timing and does the motor get vp44 ish in higher rpms?

Last edited:
mine hung after I disengauged the clutch after wot in 3 and 4. lowing the low end to 10 fixed that :)

what are your timing and does the motor get vp44 ish in higher rpms?
Llt 21 hlt 32. Hard to say about the engine sound. Running a 2nd gen manifold, 5" exhaust w/aero turbine so its hard to hear it. Exhaust sounds like a 2nd gen! Lol I can hammer the throttle to 85mph in 5th gear and ease off and the rp hangs for 3 or 4 sec. As long as I don't take the rpm's over 3k its fine.

Sent from my DROIDX

Loaded up 1.4.

Only thing I needed to change was dropping the LLD by 2.

Power delivery was smooth, no hangs, rail pressure had a nice steady rise.

cummin-a-long, dyno proven?

maybe I was way over doing it on the duration, but I'm cummin down alot on the timing and duration. :)

26/20/20
26/20/22

i think I could get away with 28 on the hlt. I'm just tuning into the motor noises. sound smoother. the rail changes change the drivability drastically.

smokemachine. I'm curious where you end up on the rail. this damn manual is a huge disadvantage some times.

As soon as my pump gets back ill download the new version and give it a whirl. Right now I think iam running HLrp 30. At 35 it started makin some poppin noise so I backd it off. Think it was draining it with the old pump

cummin-a-long, dyno proven?

maybe I was way over doing it on the duration, but I'm cummin down alot on the timing and duration. :)

26/20/20
26/20/22

i think I could get away with 28 on the hlt. I'm just tuning into the motor noises. sound smoother. the rail changes change the drivability drastically.

No, I didn't toss it on the dyno, just been too busy.

I retuned and drove is an noticed it a lot smokier.

Dropped the duration 2 numbers and it was almost perfect.

I left the timing and rail pressure the same.

Smashed on it a few times, didn't have any crazy rattles and rail pressure came on nice.

What levels were you running? Timeing, duration, and rp and tq.

I've posted my dyno results, settings, changes and notes 2 or 3 times.

Just flip back a few and you'll see them.

Just copying those settings though isn't going to get your truck dialed in.

You guys that are fighting to find a dial in NEED to get the truck on the dyno.

This SOTP tuning DOES NOT give you repeatable or consistent results.

Trying to tune this thing on the street is going to have you all over the map.

My trucks already dialed in. I was asking because of the rail hang issue others are having. Wonder if its to big of a split or something like that. Iam ready to try the new software just hope it doesn't hang at the end of the track. Its annoying as scary as hell lol.

Im gonna narrow the gap on my rp settings and see if that helps. Mine is hanging from just easing off the throttle. Never experienced that before. It use to only happen in a missed speed shift.

Sent from my DROIDX

It may be a demand issue if that's possible. I know in EFI live they have a demand table like the computer is thinking ahead. Possibly what we are seeing?

Im gonna narrow the gap on my rp settings and see if that helps. Mine is hanging from just easing off the throttle. Never experienced that before. It use to only happen in a missed speed shift.

Sent from my DROIDX

Home...drop RP on both LL and HL to 1 and work your way back up. Drop your duration to 10 and work you way back up. Your old setting will not play well with the new SW. The load v. rpm v rp tables have changed considerably. Remember that the older SW would drop rp while you were acceleration while under load over 40%....this one does not.

Can't stress this enough.

As an example...my RP is down in 1.4 from 30 to 5 on both LL and HL. My duration in down 10-15 points in 1.4 both LL and HL.

Back