tick on fresh rebuild!!!

This truck has never ran for more than 7min at a time tops...And the tick was there on the first test drive after a 5min run....

Even ive set valve lash a .010 and .018 with engine temp cold. When it warms up can that cause a Clearance issue? Ive checked them hot and the are obviously tighter...only other thing I can think of is rocker shafts?

Tight is never good on first startup. Too easy to wipe out a lobe or tappet.

What has the machine shop said about your issue? are they not helping you with this? im sure you paid them a pretty penny.

Havent talked to them yet. That call will be made tomorrow since I cant figure this out.

Machine shop says if its valvetrain they cant help since they didnt have anything to do with that. I put in 3/4 breathers on the tappet cover and that seemed to help with the oil pushing out. Tried a few things today and nothing. I think I am pulling the cam tomorrow and see what it looks like. Might just put a stock cam back in. Anyone have a good stock cam????

Machine shop says if its valvetrain they cant help since they didnt have anything to do with that. I put in 3/4 breathers on the tappet cover and that seemed to help with the oil pushing out. Tried a few things today and nothing. I think I am pulling the cam tomorrow and see what it looks like. Might just put a stock cam back in. Anyone have a good stock cam????

I have a good stock 24v cam, will it work if you don't need the fuel pump lobe?

Oil fill cap usually will be loud from all the gears being right there.

Heres my findings today, one rocker with some wear, the exhaust valve seals not seated, and machine shop forgot to check piston protrusion and said they think the piston is tapping the head.

rocker.jpg

ped2.jpg

ped.jpg

engine.jpg

valve.jpg

Those seals do that when not properly lubricated! Remember me asking about the valve seals? Put the footed seals in that the valve springs sit on. Piston protrusion deal is bad coming from a machine shop! Let us know.

I didnt notice the seals till today, but good call. Its only on the exhaust seals intakes are fine....I have another set of seals and they are the ones the springs sit on.

Back