TNTR Software

I've had mine installed for a week now currently I'm running 7, with timing at 2, rp 4, torque 4. Seems to be running great definitely less smoke, EGT might be a little higher, I've got a local race this weekend so I'll know if it's faster soon.

I got less smoke and maybe more power, but it also runs higher rail pressure and started idling rough and then went away. I'm gonna adjust some settings.

My setting were.... sw#6, shift stock, tq #2, tm #3, rp #1, wg off.

Not sure why you prefer the setting on the even number with the lowered timing(SW6).

I was under the belief, that unless you left the timing at default, there is no difference in timing between the even/odd sw's? triton has his timing at 3, not default, so would not his timing be the same, on sw6 or sw7 as long as timing was on 3?

I could swear I read a post by Marco stating that you could pick any timing you wanted even or odd. At default settings, even's were stock timing, and odd's were #2 timing, but I could be mistaken.

I was under the belief, that unless you left the timing at default, there is no difference in timing between the even/odd sw's? triton has his timing at 3, not default, so would not his timing be the same, on sw6 or sw7 as long as timing was on 3?

I could swear I read a post by Marco stating that you could pick any timing you wanted even or odd. At default settings, even's were stock timing, and odd's were #2 timing, but I could be mistaken.

by going from 6 to 7, I added timing. Yes, I had timing set on #3 which is less timing but, by going to a odd software, timing was added because it's built into the odd numbers. That extra timing my truck apparently didn't like because that's when it threw codes

by going from 6 to 7, I added timing. Yes, I had timing set on #3 which is less timing but, by going to a odd software, timing was added because it's built into the odd numbers. That extra timing my truck apparently didn't like because that's when it threw codes

I was also thought that the timing stayed where ever you had it set, didnt matter if you were odd or even. This isn't correct?

I'm fairly positive that's the way it works. You may keep your timing set on #3 because of bigger injectors but, if you change to a odd number software, you're adding the timing built into the odd numbers.

I was also thought that the timing stayed where ever you had it set, didnt matter if you were odd or even. This isn't correct?

This is my understanding also. The even & odd paired software levels are IDENTICAL other than the default timing settings.

So, for example, levels 6 & 7 would be identical if you set the timing the same for both.

There is no mention of anything different in the Mads documentation & if they were different the differences would have to be clearly spelled out.

Last edited:
this is from the Smarty instructions.....

maybe I have miss understood it. What's in bold seems to say that. I've always avoided running added timing with odd numbered software though which seems to have worked well.

The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels

I always thought this...but it always confused me... why have the grouping of sw's 2-3 / 4-5 / 6-7 / 8-9, that supposedly had the same fueling at default, but separated by timing. If you could make them the same by optioning the same timing #, why have the two, or grouped sw's? Why not have only 5 sw's? Or was this just an easier move from the software's before the options were available?

I'm fairly positive that's the way it works. You may keep your timing set on #3 because of bigger injectors but, if you change to a odd number software, you're adding the timing built into the odd numbers.

You are probably correct...it would be beneficial to see the actual fueling files between let's say sw6 and sw7, and between sw8 and sw9 with the same timing, and for the sake of argument let's use timing 3. I am sure there are some EFI folks who could provide this... or not wanting to give anyone's secrets away, just confirm they are the same or not.

Or better/easier yet, how about it Bob/Marco? What say you?

Last edited:
That paragraph from the Smarty documentation is incredibly confusing. :banghead:

I still read that to mean that the paired odd & even software levels are identical except for the default timing setting.

Last edited:
I've had mine installed for a week now currently I'm running 7, with timing at 2, rp 4, torque 4. Seems to be running great definitely less smoke, EGT might be a little higher, I've got a local race this weekend so I'll know if it's faster soon.

shambo.... those are good settings but on the street be really really really really carful running RP on 4 on the smarty.....u are beggin to lose a nozzle

I also run my timing on 3 with 100hp injectors

Valair1 i think you will be happier running timing on 2 with those 100HP inj.... the timing profile for this program... timing 2 is for aftermarket inj.. 3 is for HUGE aftermarket inj.... you will net more HP with the more timing.

this is from the Smarty instructions.....

maybe I have miss understood it. What's in bold seems to say that. I've always avoided running added timing with odd numbered software though which seems to have worked well.

The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels

hey TY its Bob... met you up at numidia 2 years ago.... but anyway from my understanding and talkin to Bob..... if you adjust the timing on an odd number it over writes the timing profile that is there from default... so if your on 9 and the default timing is 2 and you adjust the timing to 2.... it over writes the timing setting and changes it to 2 which is what was there anyway.....it doesnt "add" the timings... the big descrepency that i cant seem to get an answer to is this.......the new HP on TNT/R for 8 and 9 are 260HP my understanding is 8 is 260HP from fuel.. and 9 is 260HP from fuel and timing...so with that said SW8 fuels harder but doesnt run as smooth.... so if you run SW 8 and set the timing on 2 would that be more net HP then SW9 or the same???

Hey Bob.... I guess this might be a reason many have jumped ship...... no one "really" knows !

As built as my truck is...I've never ran on anything other than TM#3, RP#1, TQ#2 and jump between SW#6 & #8. On #8 with those setting my truck ran a 11.7 with a 1.7 60ft. I change back to #6 for street driving. I wouldn't have thought I could get a whole lot more out of a 8200lbs truck but, by what you guys are saying.... I've left a lot of hp on the table. Maybe I can attribute the longevity of my trans & motor to avoiding the extreme TQ, TM & RP ??

Thanks I'll bring down the R/P what do you suggest I have 100hp injectors?

shambo.... those are good settings but on the street be really really really really carful running RP on 4 on the smarty.....u are beggin to lose a nozzle

Valair1 i think you will be happier running timing on 2 with those 100HP inj.... the timing profile for this program... timing 2 is for aftermarket inj.. 3 is for HUGE aftermarket inj.... you will net more HP with the more timing.

hey TY its Bob... met you up at numidia 2 years ago.... but anyway from my understanding and talkin to Bob..... if you adjust the timing on an odd number it over writes the timing profile that is there from default... so if your on 9 and the default timing is 2 and you adjust the timing to 2.... it over writes the timing setting and changes it to 2 which is what was there anyway.....it doesnt "add" the timings... the big descrepency that i cant seem to get an answer to is this.......the new HP on TNT/R for 8 and 9 are 260HP my understanding is 8 is 260HP from fuel.. and 9 is 260HP from fuel and timing...so with that said SW8 fuels harder but doesnt run as smooth.... so if you run SW 8 and set the timing on 2 would that be more net HP then SW9 or the same???

I thought I read somewhere that the even numbered SW's had more duration.

This is only true if you do not adjust the options!

This is what I believe to be true.

I still read that to mean that the paired odd & even software levels are identical except for the default timing setting.

Exactly, how else can you decipher that statement.

the new HP on TNT/R for 8 and 9 are 260HP my understanding is 8 is 260HP from fuel.. and 9 is 260HP from fuel and timing...so with that said SW8 fuels harder but doesnt run as smooth.... so if you run SW 8 and set the timing on 2 would that be more net HP then SW9 or the same???

Let's get some clarification from Bob/Marco on this, come on, do the even numbers have longer duration throughout the power band with less timing?

I have no doubt you may have read this, I want to know if it is true!

Bob, I'm asking, is there any difference between the sw's 2-3 / 4-5 / 6-7 /8-9 / other than timing? Do the even numbers fuel harder to make up for the advanced timing of their "brother number"? I believe there is a difference, from my truck's reaction to the different sw's.

Come on, Speak up!

After putting a few hundred miles on SW5, Marco is on to something. It's much more driveable without so much smoke. EGT's are lower too. The rattle is worse than ever though. Is Smarty gonna keep cleaning up the tuning like this? I can still fog out a street, but not as easy as before. My truck doesn't surge while cruising as bad either. It's still not where I want it, but it's on the right track. Thanks again for the update!

This is only true if you do not adjust the options!

This is what I believe to be true.

Exactly, how else can you decipher that statement.

the new HP on TNT/R for 8 and 9 are 260HP my understanding is 8 is 260HP from fuel.. and 9 is 260HP from fuel and timing...so with that said SW8 fuels harder but doesnt run as smooth.... so if you run SW 8 and set the timing on 2 would that be more net HP then SW9 or the same???

Let's get some clarification from Bob/Marco on this, do the even numbers have longer duration throughout the power band with less timing?

I have no doubt you may have read this, I want to know if it is true!

Bob, I'm asking, is there any difference between the sw's 2-3 / 4-5 / 6-7 /8-9 / other than timing? Do the even numbers fuel harder to make up for the advanced timing of their "brother number"? I believe there is a difference, from my truck's reaction to the different sw's.

Come on, Speak up!