TNTR Software

Ive also noticed my egt's are a lot higher with the new tune. right now I like the old tune better.

oh man, that aint good news...well anyway just got back from the fall brawll, and andy(hammer) put down like 870hp with the new tntr tune..he was previously running the old vin locked tntr and put down 775hp on 2 other dyno's this year...so it runs well on his truck...he also did like 1024hp on spray.......i was looking so foward to the new tune..i just cant do it now with so many negative feedbacks...dam....

I will relate the results to my truck.....

Street manners of my truck have greatly improved with the new version over the old.Cruising temps are alot cooler and even when mashed upon we failed to get very warm.The spool-up of my big twins has greatly improved and if your not careful driving you will be on top of the vehicle in front of you in the blink of an eye.I kept the street settings the same with both the old and new versions to try and compare and am very pleased.The truck is run on the following settings when we drive it locally...Speed-250/TM-2/Shift Defuel-Stock/Timimg-3/RP-2/Wastegate-Off/SW-5.

At todays fall dyno rip I made a few small changes to the usual settings.TM was ran at 4,Shift Defuel-Off,RP-3 and the SW-9.I have a MP8 on the truck but it was turned off and NOT used during the dyno runs and it has not been used at all this Summer by me as it never worked correctly and I usually lost power with it.The best fuel run today was 874.48Hp/1436.43Tq.At the XDP Open House when I ran on the dyno with the previous version of the TNT/R it was 770.99Hp/1138.58Tq.The runs today at DGR were crisp with the big chargers getting going sooner,thus the elevated Tq number.No rail hang at all and the EGT's were right in line and not excessive.Boost today on the jet was easily swung to over 80 and the rail pressure never dipped below 25500.Before I rolled I did drive the truck set like this and those who seen me leave remarked about how quickly the smoke cleared.My nitrous numbers were down(1037.14Hp/1750.40Tq)from previous Summer outings but I relate that to how quickly the truck cleaned the fuel up and my need now for some dyno time tuning with spray and the new software.

Overall I am VERY pleased with the new TNT/R and may now shelve my SSR for the Winter and do some testing in the Spring with it.

The big run I seen the EGT gauge swing to near 1300 degrees right before we lifted.
On the street cruising we never seen anything above 1200 and at highway speeds(75mph) it dropped off and ran around 650 degrees.

I had mine on sw 6. Timing 4, rp 1, tm 1, shift defuel off, rpm stock. I made a wot run and it pegged my gauge at 1500. I'm wondering if i should run timing on 3 if that would help. hammer what size injectors are you running, are you getting any timing rattle?

I'm now on sw7 and have not been able to make another wot run. Too much traffic around. Also like you said you can run over the traffic in front of you very easy. Just driving around it runs great pulls good not a lot of smoke and seems to have good response when cruising down the road

Great numbers today Hammer.

Not to be made as a dig but
not sure if it's fair to compare two different dynos on two different days.

It seems like the new tune works well on some and not so well on others.

Howling...
The runs were made in the same kind of air with temps only differing slighly and not enough to make a difference.Both dyno days were run 248's and both had no correction factor so they can be compared.I have frequented both of these dynos for years and their numbers never vary more than about 5hp +/- with any truck I have taken to them.

number are what they are,and all that matters is I am a very happy owner with a truck that has really come to life.

that's a great improvement hammer. Glad to see it works that well for you.

My setting were.... sw#6, shift stock, tq #2, tm #3, rp #1, wg off. These are the same setting I've ran for a long time on the old version for street driving.

I experienced..

higher than normal rp ( idles at 10 as oppose to the normal 7 )
higher egts cruising and at wot where they hang and are very slow to recover
rough idle.
codes thrown after changing to sw#7 with the rest the same.

This is suppose to be a race tune though so maybe it acts better at higher settings and wot. That would be fine with me but, it's street manners for my truck anyway need improving.

Triton....
I daily drive mine on the following settings.......

Speed-250
TM-2
Shift Defuel-Stock
Timimg-3
RP-2
Wastegate-Off
SW-5.

Not sure why you prefer the setting on the even number with the lowered timing(SW6).Are you positive the codes you read were recently thrown after the install and were hard codes and not previously in the ECM and you never seen them or cleared them before the new install?.Hope you get it sorted out.

I loaded up the new TNTR tune a couple days ago and I have not had any issues. I'm happy with it, definitely feels stronger. There is a little less smoke before the turbo spools. Egts will warm up a little quicker going wot, but cruising they are the same as they were before.

i tired the new tntr it didnt feel as good as the first one . after a few changes i put my ssr back on the power is way better with ssr !

Loaded the TNTR a couple days ago. Was running TNT. Seems stronger up top, turbo spools a bit quicker, and less smoke. Pedal seems a little more sensitive.

SW4 was not as strong as TNT SW4. Moved up to SW6.

No Codes, and idle is smooth.

It seems 03-05 trucks like this tune more so than 06-07 trucks. For me street manners are better but, I feel like I lost 50hp. No where near as much smoke as before and it spools quick but but, power is really flat on top. Before I just had the regular TNT and the truck pulled much harder with it. My girlfriend even noticed the huge difference in power.

I guess it's a little different for everyone, I just loaded sw-7 with rail on 3 everything else on default and this thing is a beast! Way better than the original R file for me. Temps on a hard pull are maybe 100 degrees hotter, just touching 1300, I'll gladly take that for all the extra power and drivability.

Not sure why you prefer the setting on the even number with the lowered timing(SW6).Are you positive the codes you read were recently thrown after the install and were hard codes and not previously in the ECM and you never seen them or cleared them before the new install?.Hope you get it sorted out.

I tried to keep as much timing out as I can. very large injectors are already adding it and too much typically means more smoke, heat and rattle. I use more only at the track. The codes were new. Like I said, my truck had been running great but, it doesn't seem to like this new stuff. I need to play with the adjustments a bit and see if that helps. I guess we shouldn't expect the same settings to run the same way since this new software is revised.

The new tune on my truck netted a LOT better street manners and seems like it pulls harder.

Installed the new TNTR today on my 04 (only mod is a CP3 kit, Intake and exhaust)
EGT's are cooler, less smoke and runs awesome!!

No more babying it from a light to not smoke out the car behind me.

I like it!! Can't wait to play with some other settings