TNTR Software

I will download it tonight when I get home and try it out with the new injectors that are going in tonight.

hopefully someone will have a comparison of the old TNTR and the new TNTR

It definately has more power than the old TNT/R.

First thing I noticed is a smoother, quieter idle. Mine's been rattling pretty good idling, but this seems to be smoother running. Has a little more power down low, less smoke on the low end (unless you just slam the pedal down obviously) but does smoke more on the topend (100+ planted). Certainly feels stronger on acceleration from a stop. The topend from say 65 doesn't feel all that much stronger, although it may be.

Overall runs stronger and cleaner

I haven't noticed any significant changes; rail still holds steady at ~22-23k, EGT is capable of quickly climbing to and past 1500, boost still about 32-34.

Driveability is as good as anything from Marco. Drives like a completely stock truck until you give even the slightest pedal and it jumps to attention. Broke my 35's loose at 40-45, which has never happened before unless on an extremely hot day (it peaked about 60 today). I do think it runs a little smoother, but I'll really know for sure tomorrow morning when I start it cold.

I'll try later to load my old TNT/R, to see if it still will. I'd like to do a little testing between both on a dyno and track, just for chit's and giggles.

Keep in mind this is pretty much a stock truck; built trans that is well under 100% healthy (like 50-60%), .020, and the only performance things are the Hamilton 181/210 cam, pushrods and springs. Stock air, stock fuel.

Last edited:
I ran the previous TNT, not the TNTR. Switching to the new TNTR I have noticed it's more quiet at idle, a tad less low smoke, and faster turbo spool. Mine was rattling a lot more today than normal though. Driveability has improved-Not all the way but it's heading in the right direction. Overall I'm very happy.

I ran the previous TNT, not the TNTR. Switching to the new TNTR I have noticed it's more quiet at idle, a tad less low smoke, and faster turbo spool. Mine was rattling a lot more today than normal though. Driveability has improved-Not all the way but it's heading in the right direction. Overall I'm very happy.

That was using the exact same settings I had on previous TNT which I ran switch 5.

Im with stroke on this...

The truck idles smoother, runs better, couldnt tell if smoke was better (dark out) and egts were the same while cruising 65mph @ 650
I love this tune.. I was using the (4.03b) TNT tune and i went and took a drive, broke the tires loose 40-45mph and i have never done that with the reg. tnt that i had.

All in all, i love this tune.

Thanks marco and bob for this great tune. :thumbsup:

I updated mine last night from the vin locked R to this new one. Drove to work this morning and things were fine till about 20 minutes into my drive and lucky close to work, I took off from a light no more than half throttle and got rail hang real bad to the point I could barley stop the truck had to pull into the parking lot at work and shut the truck off in drive. I never had this happen with the old tune. My setting were the same as before except i have it on sw 4 instead of 5.

Anyone else have this, I need to figure this out because it never has done this before.

I updated mine last night from the vin locked R to this new one. Drove to work this morning and things were fine till about 20 minutes into my drive and lucky close to work, I took off from a light no more than half throttle and got rail hang real bad to the point I could barley stop the truck had to pull into the parking lot at work and shut the truck off in drive. I never had this happen with the old tune. My setting were the same as before except i have it on sw 4 instead of 5.

Anyone else have this, I need to figure this out because it never has done this before.
Mine does that with the current TNT file.

Mine has never done this, im a little upset because now I can't go back to what I had. I hope there is a fix for this.
I just bump mine up in neutral for a sec and it quits. Kind of annoying, but I have to deal with it.

you can load a bully dog with an older software onto the truck and then return it to stock, and you can go back to the old TNT

I couldnt figure out how to pull the software off the smarty so I think I overwrote it. There were no options for me to pull the software off when I hooked it up. I assumed becasue it was vin locked it could not be pulled off? I probably just screwed up.

just got back from some meetings and it hung on me three times two times light throttle the other time 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. Im almost afraid to drive it like this. I had the mp 8 at 0 doesnt seem to matter. Im going to try a different sw on the way home to see what that does.

strange, never had this problem before with my set up.