U D C

Over the years I think that I've tested and dynoed more or less everything.
Keep in mind that I've been often to the US working on anything from mild to crazy. Ranging from mods done right to just done wrong. The good thing about the base tune is that it'll work on ANYTHING. YOU just have to set the perfromance relevant parameters right in order to adapt it to YOUR ride.
A lot of real world experience went into the base tune.

The base tune depends upon the Smarty it comes from. Each Smarty is build for it's own market niche. Example: the JR is for the crowd with none to mild mods and the base tune reflects that. On the other side of the market we've got the SSR for the full blown race trucks, also here the base tune reflects it. In poor words, the JR will never get the same performance as the SSR. Makes sense?

Interest in the spring fling event?
I'd be there in a heart beat! Yet, I have to run a company and time is the one thing that I have least. Especially in this moment. There's still a BUNCH of work to be done before we can release the UDC. Another trip to the US is out of question right now. I'm having people from the US coming to my place to get trained on the UDC because of that... First of all I need to get the people directly involved in the sales up to speed, then... we'll see.

Marco

Last edited:
Thanks MARCO... It is nice to finally get some feed back about U.D.C. I'm awaiting patiently for it's release!

thanks Marco, I do appreciate your time constraints, maybe by the time the fall event rolls around you can make it, or have a well trained rep there answering questions and giving tuning advice.

With Jason's question, will we be able to read what we've already programmed into the ssr or do we start from scratch?

The base tune depends upon the Smarty it comes from. Each Smarty is build for it's own market niche. Example: the JR is for the crowd with none to mild mods and the base tune reflects that. On the other side of the market we've got the SSR for the full blown race trucks, also here the base tune reflects it. In poor words, the JR will never get the same performance as the SSR. Makes sense?

Marco

Makes perfect sense!

On that note will the Jr have the ability to tweak rail pressure and the waste-gate with UDC?

I'm not talking about adding pressure, but maybe smoothing and tweaking it withing the confines of the stock peak it allows?

Similar with the WG, with it just off the drive pressure is pretty high when towing hard up some of the passes in the NW, and being able to limit boost and open the WG would alleviate some of that.

I presume the answer is yes, but the 3rd event was removed in the Jr as well?

Thanks again!

Did I miss something with this as after looking this over I see no way to do any type of data logging to help us tune or is it there or going to be available.?.

I can not wait for something to help with the SSR tuning,this thing is wearing my nerves out.Best run so far was still no better than the S06 TNT/R and I can not get the injector rattle calmed down to even think about any driving with it.

not sure if ya missed anything, but he did mention a pro version to be available later, maybe it will be a feature included in that one.

I don't think it looks like data logging will be an option with UDC cause we aren't connecting the pc to the truck, just the pc to the smarty in order to adjust the tune.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

It is....but everthing can always get better. 500 hp was the shiz in 2004...look where we are now? I am pissed when I run out of radiator towing with that much now!

jason...your comments are always funny...just mismatched.

I don't think it looks like data logging will be an option with UDC cause we aren't connecting the pc to the truck, just the pc to the smarty in order to adjust the tune.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

Agreed, but for the user level this is geared towards I don't think that's an issue.

Will it do everything EFI Live will, nope, but honestly I don't have the time or desire for that. I am very happy with how my Jr runs, and will take the time to tweak a few things but I don't want to spend the days, weeks, or months to get it dialed in with EFI. Marco's stuff works well, and this will make it better.

It appears UDC will allow the user to fine tune an already good tune, which is faster than building and honing a tune from stock.

I love my latest rendition of twins too...but want to try a spool flange now as well.

It is....but everthing can always get better. 500 hp was the shiz in 2004...look where we are now? I am pissed when I run out of radiator towing with that much now!

jason...your comments are always funny...just mismatched.

So, soon (march) ill be pulling my 66 and sending it to ED. Should comeback with an fatter twin. Will i still be mismatched?

Last edited:

Yes I understand that,however,it would be nice if we had that option and didn't have to guess what changes would do/did when we make them.

Agreed, but for the user level this is geared towards I don't think that's an issue.

Maybe not to you it isn't but to those of us who would like a tad more control it is.

Will it do everything EFI Live will, nope, but honestly I don't have the time or desire for that. I am very happy with how my Jr runs, and will take the time to tweak a few things but I don't want to spend the days, weeks, or months to get it dialed in with EFI. Marco's stuff works well, and this will make it better.

No one ever asked for it to be EFI Live and we are all very glad your happy with your Jr and its settings.There again are owners out there who have been working very hard to make what we have work without alot of knowledge or help other than a new software release thats supposed to work for everyone.Would you not agree that with the addition to MADs already potent arsenal of canned tunes the UDC(keep in mind it says on their website-User Defined Catcher)that we would have at our disposal a way to data log what the changes does to our trucks and properly tweak them to suit both our parts and driveline?.

Mike....
Thank You!...I didn't think I missed anything.

Here is what I see from my end with this coming out...
What has been posted on this UDC in the demo looks very promising and IF it had a way for us to data log our changes and what they have done would make this a very BIG player.The ability to log our SSR and the changes we make to it would make it a force to be dealt with in many areas.After many runs on a jet with my truck with the SSR I have learned trying to tune with it is like trying to throw darts at a dart board while wearing a blindfold.

Maybe not to you it isn't but to those of us who would like a tad more control it is.

That will hopefully be included in the professional version. Marco does try to give the end user what they want.

For the folks trying to get every last hp out of a setup I agree data logging is great, as you can tell I am not one of those and don't really feel it would be necessary for my application, and CompD is going to be full of more people in your boat than mine and I fully understand, but thought I would throw the perspective in of someone who like to operate at values lower than the max.

Either way I am excited to give it a try!

Data logs are almost necessary to prove that the value you use/input is truly the value you get.

If you call for 28* of peak timing at 3600...how are you sure your getting that value??

I'm hopeful that Marco does include datalog capability in future releases...

What I got out of the info was that he has figured out what will and won't work and will only offer a range of inputs that will work.

At least that's what I understood.