U D C

I like the overlay feature. Is there any way to rotate the graphs?
Engine load, I know for the can-bus trucks a gauge display(like Edge Insight) will display real time engine load, but what about 03-05 trucks?

Last edited:
It looks like now Edge supports "calculated engine load" for all models now. Would the load readings correspond with the UDC graphs?

Last edited:
I like the overlay feature. Is there any way to rotate the graphs?
Engine load, I know for the can-bus trucks a gauge display(like Edge Insight) will display real time engine load, but what about 03-05 trucks?

Right click on the 3d graphs and rotate as desired.

My 05 reports engine load through the ODBII port. My Android phone even displays it. I like the fact it relates everything to engine load. Makes it easy.

Paul

The only issue with 04.5-05's using engine load is that the OBDII engine load isn't accurate at low load/rpms. I am not sure if it's just reported wrong or the ECM calculates it wrong. I don't think tuning based on the error will effect anything as it would all be in the 0-6.3% range.

There are a few iPhone apps that work with the PLX wifi box that report load. works on my 04.5.

any help on how to get it downloaded and work? Ive tried downloading 7zip maybe im missing somthing?

Just had a quick look see, and props for giving current Smarty owners another kick at the can!

I didn't see any thing giving access to the pressure control PID's and feed forward table however. Without a doubt I spend more time tuning pressure control than anything else and to be honest Smarty's pressure control has always been far from stellar.

When the feed forward term is so out of touch with reality the PID has to work so much harder to keep actual pressure with requested.

When the feed forward term is so out of touch with reality the PID has to work so much harder to keep actual pressure with requested.

My guess is that it uses a ballistic feed forward. Notice the max of the rail pressure table?

Paul

The only issue with 04.5-05's using engine load is that the OBDII engine load isn't accurate at low load/rpms. I am not sure if it's just reported wrong or the ECM calculates it wrong. I don't think tuning based on the error will effect anything as it would all be in the 0-6.3% range.

I logged the calculated load and RPM on the way to work, and did not see anything that made me believe the low load was inaccurate. What are you baseing that statement on? Is this a know problem somewhere?

Paul

I logged the calculated load and RPM on the way to work, and did not see anything that made me believe the low load was inaccurate. What are you baseing that statement on? Is this a know problem somewhere?

Paul

Scan Gauge has reported an error in the load on 04.5-05 Dodges, and I have seen it.

If you have the cruise control fast idle set your rpms to 1,500 and watch the load, it will drop to 0.00%, which we know is not the case. As soon as the real load increases the readout appears more accurate.

One other way is that the fuel economy function of OBDII scanners isn't accurate, no matter how well I calibrate it the next tank its in gross error, even if the driving was the same (i.e. I ran it for 4 fwy tanks in a row over 1.5 days and it was always off, cruise was set at 80 for 90% of the driving).