U D C

I would like to bring an event to the attention Of Marco , and Bob. It seems that the man himself is on this side of the Atlantic, and depending on how long he is sticking around there is a helluva event to showcase his wares and knowledge. I doubt there are any other events with the level of performance as can be found at this one, two day event. I am of course talking of Spring Fling in Dillsburg PA. Plenty of time to plan for being there and having some beta testers up and running at the event. I can think of no better place to see the people that use your product and get feedback to make it the best it can be. Details below, plenty of lodging nearby.

Spring Fling 2012 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I would like to bring an event to the attention Of Marco , and Bob. It seems that the man himself is on this side of the Atlantic, and depending on how long he is sticking around there is a helluva event to showcase his wares and knowledge. I doubt there are any other events with the level of performance as can be found at this one, two day event. I am of course talking of Spring Fling in Dillsburg PA. Plenty of time to plan for being there and having some beta testers up and running at the event. I can think of no better place to see the people that use your product and get feedback to make it the best it can be. Details below, plenty of lodging nearby.

Spring Fling 2012 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

:clap: :clap:

Bob/Marco,

Anything on the 3rd event and it hopefully going away?

One other way is that the fuel economy function of OBDII scanners isn't accurate, no matter how well I calibrate it the next tank its in gross error, even if the driving was the same (i.e. I ran it for 4 fwy tanks in a row over 1.5 days and it was always off, cruise was set at 80 for 90% of the driving).

Most of the ODBII scanners that I have seen try to do fuel economy calculations off of a MAF calculation using calculated load, rpm and other PIDs. The problem is that they assume that the air fuel ratio is fairly consistient. This works on a gas vehicle, because the air fuel ratio remains in a fairly narrow range. On diesels it does not. Our trucks (especially during cruise) run very lean. Lots of extra air. Around town driving, not nearly as much. WOT is about the only time we are close to stoich. On the 6.7's they limit the amount of extra air to keep NOx emissions down, but prior to that we run a lot of extra air.

Not all ECM's report the fuel comsumption PID, so the scanners have very little choice on what to use.

Paul

What would be nice with the SSR version is if we can input the "SSR Tune" numbers into the UDC program for a starting point. A lot of us put in alot of hours into street tuning for the perfect street tune and street, track and dyno tuning for the upper end and kind have an idea of what parts of those programs we'd love to "re-tune"

So if I can put in my SSR numbers and just mess with the initial throttle tip in area, toy around with the middle ground a little bit, I'd be hours saved.

Sorry for my long silences

Hey Gang,
I have not had much time in the past months to post or let's alone say read the forums. Too much stuff all at the same time in the pipeline. Sorry 'bout that. As you can see, even though I'm silent, we're not sitting on our hands.

A few things that I would like to point out about the UDC.
I think the most important news with the UDC is that you not only get a tool but you get also professional help in using the tool to get the tuning right.

AKA, the (stock) parameters that you modify with the tuning software are NOT written into a stock software!

Your modifications are written into my " base software"!
WTH the base SW is? That's the software I use in all my tuning. In other words, the tweaked / performance oriented stock software which is the base for all Smarty tunes. All limiting factors like for example the boost / torque /
limiters ( simple stupid examples there are hundreds of parameters tweaked in the base software ) are already taken care of. You don't have to fiddle with them. I already did the legwork for ya. Example, when the 6.7L first came out, it took me over 2K dyno runs to optimize that "base SW". That's been well worth my time tho The result is that the power can now be taken anywhere by tweaking in the Duration / RP / Timing.

This is where your modifications land in Smarty....

Since it's time to open up my smallish box where I keep my lil secrets in...

I have turned off the late injection event in all my softwares since late 2005 /
early 2006. The late injection event is OFF by default in all my softwares since then. 'Nough said? OK, gotta admit, in a couple SW releases I had forgotten to turn it off. I guess nobody really noticed it.

Oh yeah, I've heard that fantasy a lot of times...turning off the late one gains a fantazillion in mileage. Now you know the (real world) answer to that.

Hint, when you read " Load " , think it as Throttle Position and everything will become ( much ) easier to tune 'n understand.

Cheers,

Marco

just wondering is this "stock" software diffrent between say the s06 & the ssr. Or will we be working off of the same base.

sounds good, what you have listed is for the base UDC version? we have not forgotten you mentioned a pro version also, but that info will take a while to become available I am guessing.

what mods were on the truck you made the baseline with? we understand thousands of dyno runs to come up with it, but did you also play with any of the hard mods during development? stock nozzles, 100 hp over, 200 hp over, single turbo, twins? single cp3., heavily modded cp3, twin cp3's?

triple post, no interest on attending the spring fling event?

i agree with that statement.........that would be the place to do some tuning for sure.........we do ask them every year mike.

what mods were on the truck you made the baseline with? we understand thousands of dyno runs to come up with it, but did you also play with any of the hard mods during development? stock nozzles, 100 hp over, 200 hp over, single turbo, twins? single cp3., heavily modded cp3, twin cp3's?

Back a while ago, Marco's test mule was a 62/475 90hp injectors and Stock Cp3.

May have changed...