U D C

If you look the new software thats installed with the POD update is the Revo Software.

I am guessing that if you want to run the TNT/R you will have to move to the S06 POD area and download it to use it with the POD feature if I am reading this correctly.

I see that info today on MADS site, it wasn't posted yesterday when I downloaded it..

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok so all is quite wonder what's going on? Can't stand seeing UDC dropping down the page! So.....

David, i saw ya post the 300 dollar amount, is that on top of any currently supported device? s06 + $300 = UDC, SSR + $300 = UDC ?

It is being beta tested, and I'm not sure the number of people that have it.

I installed it on my computer yesterday, and copied the stock software off of my SSR. I modified the stock software, using the included sample files to approximate the HL SSR settings I used to make 1015hp on the dyno. I copied the new file back to the Smarty, and flash my truck with it. This took probably an hour, which isn't bad seeing I had not used the software before.

I played with the rail pressure at a cruise (lowered it by 2K), just to see the effect. After modifing the rail map, and flashing into the truck, I took it for a test drive, and at a cruise it was 2K lower. It didn't work as well there, but it proved to me that I could indeed make measureable changes.

When I copied the file back to the Smarty, I now had 3 menu options. SSR, Stock, and UDC. Selecting UDC flashed the truck with the file I had created. It still had the RPM limit selection of the SSR, as well as the shift defuel and the pre-injection. Torque management, and the HL and LL settings have been replace with using the maps, in the UDC option.

The version I have looks like the demo. If you want to get ready for the release, play with the demo.

Paul

P.S. When I asked Marco about posting about the UDC, he told me by all means do so. He only asked that I be honest about likes/dislikes or whatever, and that's what I will do.

Great!

I am looking forward to testing the Jr, perfect timing for me as the camping/towing season is here!!

I installed it on my computer yesterday, and copied the stock software off of my SSR. I modified the stock software, using the included sample files to approximate the HL SSR settings I used to make 1015hp on the dyno. I copied the new file back to the Smarty, and flash my truck with it. This took probably an hour, which isn't bad seeing I had not used the software before.

I played with the rail pressure at a cruise (lowered it by 2K), just to see the effect. After modifing the rail map, and flashing into the truck, I took it for a test drive, and at a cruise it was 2K lower. It didn't work as well there, but it proved to me that I could indeed make measureable changes.

When I copied the file back to the Smarty, I now had 3 menu options. SSR, Stock, and UDC. Selecting UDC flashed the truck with the file I had created. It still had the RPM limit selection of the SSR, as well as the shift defuel and the pre-injection. Torque management, and the HL and LL settings have been replace with using the maps, in the UDC option.

The version I have looks like the demo. If you want to get ready for the release, play with the demo.

Paul

P.S. When I asked Marco about posting about the UDC, he told me by all means do so. He only asked that I be honest about likes/dislikes or whatever, and that's what I will do.

So, are you using actual timing, duration and pressure values or "ssr like numbers" in the tables? I recall the first beta being actual values. I suppose I need to look at the latest demo too. heh. :)

In a nutshell I'd be 100% happier to take my what my LLD of 11 looks like and smooth it from LLD 7 to 11 before HLD numbers and I'd be a happy camper. :) or something to effect to get the grunt taken out on the low end just a little.

For around $250. I think this would be worth a gamble to give it a shot if this SSR -> UDC translation is just as simple as claimed.

So, are you using actual timing, duration and pressure values or "ssr like numbers" in the tables?

Timing is in degrees, duration is in micro seconds (μs), rail pressure is in psi, and boost for the waste gate map is in psi.

I have not seen samples of the LL settings. Doesn't mean they aren't there, just I haven't seen them. There are samples of the TNT, Revo, and Junior, though.

Paul

Wow, this is really getting interesting!!

It sounds simple setting up, still need time on the dyno but im good with that.

Last edited:
Timing is in degrees, duration is in micro seconds (μs), rail pressure is in psi, and boost for the waste gate map is in psi.

I have not seen samples of the LL settings. Doesn't mean they aren't there, just I haven't seen them. There are samples of the TNT, Revo, and Junior, though.

Paul

ummm. interesting.

Gang,
In this moment everything is ready for :
1) The S06 PoD
2) The S06 PoD TNTR
3) The SSR
4) The JR

We have looked into this AGAIN but I'm sorry, we can't squeeze the UDC into the S04... Sniff sniff Sigh! Sorry!

Thanks,

Marco

Thanks for trying Marco!

When I copied the file back to the Smarty, I now had 3 menu options. SSR,

Stock, and UDC. Selecting UDC flashed the truck with the file I had created. It still had the RPM limit selection of the SSR, as well as the shift defuel and the pre-injection. Torque management, and the HL and LL settings have been replace with using the maps, in the UDC option.

Paul

We have it Paul & so far so good... so easy to use & doesn't have a bunch of jargon that you can get lost in...you do not have to go to a class or be taught how to use it, you can make a quick change at the track on a particular tune & see right then & there your change, I know others do to but the udc is a cake walk. if you are a tables guy then it's got it, if you are a 3d guy then it's got that too, but I like the graph feature & the smoothing options that come with the graph. you can pull the graph up in size so that you can "see" exactly what the tune is doing & how smooth it is. My little brain likes seeing graphs, numbers take more time to interpret & last but not least its impossible to hijack a tune that you have built, your work stays yours forever & you can sell that for a
profit.

We have it Paul & so far so good... so easy to use & doesn't have a bunch of jargon that you can get lost in...you do not have to go to a class or be taught how to use it, you can make a quick change at the track on a particular tune & see right then & there your change, I know others do to but the udc is a cake walk. if you are a tables guy then it's got it, if you are a 3d guy then it's got that too, but I like the graph feature & the smoothing options that come with the graph. you can pull the graph up in size so that you can "see" exactly what the tune is doing & how smooth it is. My little brain likes seeing graphs, numbers take more time to interpret & last but not least its impossible to hijack a tune that you have built, your work stays yours forever & you can sell that for a
profit.

This is really great to hear. I like things to be simple and easy to understand!
So with things seeming to be going well with the beta testers is the release date going to be within the next week or two?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I have spent some time the last few days working on a tow tune. I am beta testing the Jr. The software works well, but I won't get to put it in the truck for a few days.

Unfortunately my truck and I are not in the same state right now. But as soon as I get home the UDC tune is going in, and the trailer is already hooked up.

I've been using UDC quite a bit. I've been working with the duration, timing, and rail pressure maps. Other then using one of the sample torque management maps, I have not done much with that. The wastegate map, doesn't pertain to me, but if I still had an electronic wastegate, I sure would use it.

It's very interesting to see what the effects of some of the changes are. I played with the timing map yesterday, to see if I could decrease the time it takes to spool to 18psi, when power braking. In the four cells of the map that I am in (when powerbraking from 1400rpm), I retarded the timing by 5 degrees. The spool up speed was noticable quicker, but once at 18psi the EGT's were about 200 degrees higher. I changed that cell back, so it wouldn't have reduced timing while holding the boost, and the EGT's dropped back down.

The nice thing is that I only made changes to 3 cells in one map, and have made a noticable difference. Each trucks setup will be different. Different size injectors, different stall speed converters, and different turbos, will effect which cells need to be changed. This change would only help people that are drag racing.

The maps are built on top of Marco's base tune. This means that I don't need to worry about handling redline, shift defuel, and how the different maps relate to each other. This is all handled in the base tune.

I haven't found any problems with the current beta version, so from my point of view that is going well. I do not have any idea on a release date, though.

Paul

I will be playing with the WG MAP next week, but for this weekend the solenoid isn't installed.