U D C

Might be a pretty stupid question but just getting used to tuning terminology but is injection duration the same as pulse width? If not what's the difference?
Thank you for your input/feedback

Played with a couple of tunes this weekend. Truck is really running great, and tows amazing! I was pulling hills about 50-100° lower than the standard tune, and at a lower load. It seems like the mileage is up a little too, but too early to tell.

My pyro is on the fritz and started reading about 100-200° high towing home yesterday, so I'll have to wait for the new one to do more testing. But while it appeared to be working I went WOT in 5th gear, 2200rpms, 15-15.5K GCW, up a 8-9% grade. I ran from 2200-2700 rpms. Boost peaked at 32 (same) and EGT's peaked at 1210 (down about 50°) and the truck felt stronger. I didn't get to see DP/rail pressure but will pay more attention next time.

Very happy with UDC so far.

Great to hear man. And thanks for answering my question. From what I found out injection duration is a general term and pulse width is a specific event of the injection cycle please correct me if I'm wrong.

The term pulse width, is in reference to the electrical signal that opens the injector. The longer the voltage pulse, the longer the solenoid on the injector holds the injector open.

Duration is often used to describe how long the injector is spraying fuel.

The two terms are often used interchangablely, and for all practicable uses they are one and the same.

Paul

documentation, pffffft, since when is this country worried about documented aliens? softwares from Italy right? send it on over, we got work for it to do!

Why would I quit I dont fail like the rest. My trucks and work proves its self day n and out! Ive tunned trucks well into the 1200 mark and every truck I have tunned I have made much more power than anyone else has on there truck! =)... Bunch of big internet mouths dont stop the ones getting the job done!

Back on topic Bob you dont have any kind of idea?

Do not turn this into a pissing match ladies. Take it somewhere else.

I am very fond of the VIN-locked TNTR on my SO4. If there were a way to get this software to an S06, that I could then utilized UDC, I would consider purchasing an S06.

My current TNTR software is the only TNT/TNTR software that has worked flawlessly on my 03, so that is why I am reluctant to change anything.

Never the less, Great Job Marco, and Thanks Bob for all your support over the years.

Jess

Late post, but in your case I would recommend purchasing a 2nd ECM.
Label everything, keep your old S04 Smarty & your current ECM tied together. Purchase a 2nd ECM & a 2nd Smarty to play with.

Late post, but in your case I would recommend purchasing a 2nd ECM.
Label everything, keep your old S04 Smarty & your current ECM tied together. Purchase a 2nd ECM & a 2nd Smarty to play with.

That's not a bad idea at all....I could obtain a second ecm, load my vinlocked TNTR into it, then use a new S06/UDC to modify the tune. Or, just buy a new S06/UDC and modify my current ecm, if I do not like or fail, just reload TNTR with my S04(If it will let it?).

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea at all....I could obtain a second ecm, load my vinlocked TNTR into it, then use a new S06/UDC to modify the tune. Or, just buy a new S06/UDC and modify my current ecm, if I do not like or fail, just reload TNTR with my S04(If it will let it?).

Once you load a new a new stock or Smarty program in an ECM, your old Smarty TNT/R will likely NOT recognize the new program & you may never be able to go back to your old TNT/R.

That's why I said keep your current ECM & current Smarty TNT/R tied together. Don't touch this ECM with a new Smarty program.

Install a new ECM then play with it with a new Smarty to your hearts content.
Also do NOT mix up the 2 Smarty programmmers. It's very easy to lock out 1 of them if you load one then go back to stock with the other.

Once you load a new a new stock or Smarty program in an ECM, your old Smarty TNT/R will likely NOT recognize the new program & you may never be able to go back to your old TNT/R.

Your suggestion of a second ecm certainly would be the safe method of retaining my S04_Revo_ TNTR57_Jess_Page.7z, in the first ecm.

With my 03 and S04, I have been able to go back and forth between Revo, Revo TNT, TNTR, the betas 4.2, 4.3, 411, without a hitch. However that may not hold true with UDC and later Chrysler updates after my TNTR57 version was created.

If I obtained an ecm from the wrecking yard, from an 03/04 (HO?), would my S04 Smarty program it automatically, if I have unlocked it from my original ecm? I wonder if an S06 with UDC would overwrite a vin-locked TNTR tune? Doubtful...

I would really like to build/program off my vin-locked tune, it is so close to being perfect now, that it would take little tweaking, I believe backing the timing down at low rpms would help, my truck seems to spool up quicker with less timing.