U D C

Bob, is there any difference in the ssr software, or does it just make it compatible with udc?

Since it's a software update it can be purchased on the mads web site and downloaded or is it on a disc?

Looking at the Smarty site.. It looks like the software UDC will need on our devices is on the site and available for download. The actual UDC software/cost and site to purchase looks to still be in the works...

I installed the new software on my SSR. Ill report back after a few more starts but i think theres a hard starting condition now. just takes a few extra moments to fire.

maybe he just downloaded it from the site, maybe there's no charge for the first few days? or he doesn't have it, just the updated ssr stuff?

On the mads site it has listed that all software has been updated.

All 5.9L tuning softwares have been totally revised!
Starting from this version all 5.9L softwares are now UDC capable.
The main goal of the complete overhaul is CLEAN power.
The power in levels is now more linear and has gained +/- 10% power at peak.
In short, just to mention a few:
• New Base software
• New duration maps
• New timing maps
• More linear power
• Overall driveability improvement
• Better mileage
• The default timing (# 2) is now the highest one.
Timing # 3 is less timing advance than # 2. Timing # 4 is less timing advance than # 3.

this looks like it can be uploaded to an s06 pod right? can someone explain how to go about using this or even where to buy the software, not seeing it on mads website. thanks

this looks like it can be uploaded to an s06 pod right? can someone explain how to go about using this or even where to buy the software, not seeing it on mads website. thanks

It should be on there website, at least that's where I got the software for the ssr.

I Didnt think of it until Jason said something but i did notice that it did crank longer before my truck started after the newest update.

I'm going to go back to 1.7 for a little. The "UDC" version for the SSR seems to be more prone to triggering the grid / broke issue. I wasn on my way to a decent tune with 1.7 and the UDC software kinda makes you start over again.

So Bob, 2 issues.

Longer cranking - with latest and 1.7
Grid light - with 1.6,1.7 and UDC - I'd like the grid light fixed in version 1.7 as I had that one "smoke free-ish"

Last edited: