U D C

I wonder if the issues come up more on the 04.5's and up? I know of one truck locally that has the grid heater issue. I don't think it's a fca issue because they just installed a new bd 70% over pump.

i have no issues with 1.5.

thus far 1.7 has a higher sotp dyno number

currently i'm trying to get the rail to keep up, but she pulls nice!

To the folks with the grid light issue.

are you maintaining 25k rail pressure?

As i pull duration an increase rail im losing power but no change in the rail. hangs around 19-20k. i wonder if theres a huge rail expected vs commanded difference and that triggered the problem?

yeah, rail at 35 no change from 1. its like 1.5 in regards to the rail numbers effect on things.

I'm concerned with how the timing numbers relate to 1.7 and the earlier versions. With 1.7 you can run higher timing numbers than the previous versions.

yeah, rail at 35 no change from 1. its like 1.5 in regards to the rail numbers effect on things.

So have you gone back to 1.7 or have you tried the new update?
Also why was the update date for the SSR software april 24 and the S06 software may 16? Just curious as to wether or not the SSR software is UDC capeable.

Has anyone heard when the UDC software will actually be avaliable for purchase?

Hopefully soon! Want to be able to dial in the single billet 71:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I tried the update on the website. If the maps are changed, yet again, I just need to put lots more time into it I suppose

The ssr software "411I" says May 18th.

Edit: just looked at the smarty website and it does list in April. In the index it shows it being updated on the 18th

Last edited:
Does anybody have the udc software for their computers? Or are you guys just BSin about ssr stuff.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

I didn't get a chance to post friday, but I loaded up the newest SJR UDC tune, made a few tweaks to my UDC tune and headed out for the weekend.

The grid ding must be a SSR thing, as I don't have a grid and don't have an issue, even at 30° starts this weekend.

I am really liking what UDC has done for my truck for towing. I was at about 17-17.3K GCW this weekend, with a 29' barn door, aka TT. I pulled 6-7% grades at 2200-2300 rpms in 5th, about 65-75% load, 22-24 psi boost and 1100-1150° max. I was at that boost/EGT with a 2,500 lb lighter load last year. As far as low speed driving it's smoother and more responsive and while towing I didn't see any real smoke, even when the IAT's were in the 120° range.

It's a great product.

How many beta testers are there? How long do they think Beta will be needed? If it is going well can we hope for a shorter test period?

I have downloaded the USC ready smarty file but have not had a chance to load into truck yet..

Should be ready to release any time now. I will check with Marco tomorrow morning.

Hey Bob free to the first 10 compD power addicts drooling on the keyboard??!!! Man I have been watching this thread for weeks now! Haven't touched the SSR settings in a week with anticipation of actually knowing what I'm doing!