U D C

Low end timing is relatively untouched from stock tables, so think emissions.

Mine don't look anything like that anymore, and aside from a high altitude rail pressure issue, that Marco is working on, my motor is SUPER quiet, and stock sounds like ass.

I have been changing some things on my truck , mainly going to a bigger turbo an 80 mm Batmo. I took it out for a spin the other night and I was surprised how easy I could drive it on the street. Which is all because of the UDC programming and being able to remap the timing and fuel maps . I have taken the fuel and timing down quite a bit on the low end and I think that really helps it come on the turbo sooner and that makes it great on the street too. As far as spooling it from a stop it takes a little while to get it lit, I think I need to go in and change the maps again because I had it set to spool the 75 mm turbo at about 2300 to 2500 rpm and now with the 80mm I have to get to about 2700 to 2900 to lite it. I don't know if I could even lite this turbo without the UDC. I am hoping the rain will let up this weekend and I can get to the track and let you guys know how it goes.

Got a UDC dongle Friday, and have about 5hrs invested so far into building a tune and smoothing tables. Its nice to have control of Timing (-15*to +40+), Duration, rail pressure, and TQ management. Hoping the track is open tomorrow (weather doesn't look great) to see results.

Driving habits have already improved with throttle sensitivity control, more mid range and top end power increase from adding 7* more peak timing (over tnt-r) and smoothing the timing graph through the mid range.

Stay tuned, sounds like release is coming right up.

Lavon

3 runs today at our fall dyno show with my first UDC tune that I did....

1st Run-839HP and spun the tires bad....
2nd Run-914Hp and no torque reading as the truck violently lunged when the big charger hit full song and pushed past the oliptical sensor.
3rd Run-881Hp/1314Tq.

I am going to make some more tweaks and restrap it again tommorrow.I would have liked to see the torque number on the big run but it is what it is.The trucks street manners are much better and I know there is alot more to learn.Got to get on top of the big bottom charger sooner to get the torque back where it should be.I am happy with the runs from today and it will give me a decent baseline to run with.

Last edited:
LA Miller, How did you get a dongle? Is this something that just gets passed around? Would love to make my truck a beast with manners..

I have been ready for this purchase for some time now.. As I am sure many others are also.

Nice runs Andy, too bad none of the support team showed up. wastegate on top charger opening early enough to help spin that big bottom?":

waited too long to edit....... those are some big numbers Andy, I think we need to have a chart somewhere with a list of high hp results with udc, possibly three columns, fuel only, water meth, and spray to start to get a grasp on what folks are hitting with this new product, possibly with their previous bests listed as well with TNT/r and SSR.

Yes we fueled to 5200 :), I pulled my stock engine to 4300 without it laying down

Back