U D C

Does the UDC tuner enable the capability to have a "launch control" feature? Basically while not moving limit the revs at say, 1900?

Cuz, my 12 year old TDI Golf now has it...

Jason no it doesn't, but you will love it. I've found a lot of mid range hp. It BANGS 4500rpm without effort, obviously without data logging features its hard to give firm data other then I feel UDC will satisfy 98% of us 03-05 guys' tuning needs.

Jason no it doesn't, but you will love it. I've found a lot of mid range hp. It BANGS 4500rpm without effort, obviously without data logging features its hard to give firm data other then I feel UDC will satisfy 98% of us 03-05 guys' tuning needs.

98% that is the best news I have heard in a while.

If it can fuel that far it will be good for me. I think my turbo is out of breath by 4200. i would like to know cost.

There will be an introductory price for the first 30 days. The UDC will be able the week of November 12th. Thank you.

I will post pricing on Monday.

What, if any, extra tuning options will be available for us guys with the SSR over those guys with the S-06 ?

Thanks

There will be an introductory price for the first 30 days. The UDC will be able the week of November 12th. Thank you.

I will post pricing on Monday.

Bob,

I'm assuming "smartypower.com" will be the first available retailer site for the UDC at its introductory price?

Can we place pre-orders?

~Randy

Just cause it pulled there doesn't mean its fueling... Did mm3 drop??
Logging actual rail pressure indicated no higher pressure over 3400-4500 when I rode along in the truck. In other words, yes it fueled through the entire window without any limiting when manually shifted at 4200.

There's the test run when the transmission said "nope".
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=426691747386119

Last edited:
Well I am back to tweaking my tune again. I am getting a little more haze (can see it now with headlights behind me) than I want in the 1/3-2/3 throttle range. Cruise is clear, and the haze is less at 2/3-WOT. So I wrote 2 different tunes to try. One adds a couple degrees of timing in that 1400-2600 1/3-2/3 range, and the other takes a few degrees away. I guess I'll see what they do for the haze.

Well I am back to tweaking my tune again. I am getting a little more haze (can see it now with headlights behind me) than I want in the 1/3-2/3 throttle range. Cruise is clear, and the haze is less at 2/3-WOT. So I wrote 2 different tunes to try. One adds a couple degrees of timing in that 1400-2600 1/3-2/3 range, and the other takes a few degrees away. I guess I'll see what they do for the haze.

Subscribed!!! and yes I will keep asking for your tune... How about now??!
PLEASE!!

I loaded the more advanced tune this morning. Motor is a little smoother, EGT's down about 50°, and the haze is down a little.

I am wondering if I will have to go quite retarded to get rid of it.. Anyone else playing with mid-throttle settings?

I loaded the more advanced tune this morning. Motor is a little smoother, EGT's down about 50°, and the haze is down a little.

I am wondering if I will have to go quite retarded to get rid of it.. Anyone else playing with mid-throttle settings?

I'm trying to get rid of same constant hazing and lite pre boost smoke.. just waiting for 12 Nov release of UDC.. I'm watching what your doing to rid the haze..

My cruise timing is bumped even more and there is no haze, but I don't want to run that much timing as fuel flow increases, so I want to find the happy place.

I'm curious what the 12 Nov release will have as far as updates.

Someone asked the difference in the SSR/Sr tuning. The SSR/SR have the same tables, but the SR cannot go as far on timing, and rail pressure. You also have the rpms and base tune differences. Here are the limits.

JR 25° timing, no rail pressure
SR 30° timing, 26,000 psi
SSR 40° timing, 29,000 psi

I have recommended that even the Jr be allowed to adjust the rail pressure map, but within the OEM max of 23,207. The OEM pressure map is uneven, and all over the place. I think some tweaks could be made that would really improve a tune, even the milder Jr tunes.

And here I thought the only difference was rpm between them. Thanks AH!

Anyone out there with ssr/udc? What do you see for max rpm on the maps?

Back