UDC Sample Tunes

By the time you guys responded I raised then lowered the timing already. I was on the road when I posted the reply. I may drop the timing a little more but its not that bad now.

If Smarty ever offers the ability to record a run (datalog) this has to be one of the best program to use for early 3 gen trucks. I can not see going to the "other" program if you have a 2003 or 2004. It would be nice to have auto ramp(smooth) feature. It would be really cool to draw a line in the bar graph area and then it would bring the levels up to it.

OK Here's my latest tune......

Nice work dangerous06, this tune pulls really nice for me from a standstill with the 6 speed, it goes up from 1500 rpm to 2000 rpm extremely fast and with less smoke than I had been able to tune to previously.

It sounds a little high on timing at the high end from 2600 rpm up for my truck, I will probably try dialing the timing down in the load area's that I don't like the sound over 2600rpm. That being said I really didnt push it hard as I'd rather get the timing right first.

I had worked on about 76 tunes with the SSR before UDC came along and I can definitely see improvement already.

Thanks to you guys like AH64ID , dangerous06, gecoveyc, cj42, rlawless and everyone else who has contributed in the sharing of knowledge regarding tuning these trucks, smarty and UDC.

Merry Christmas everyone

I am looking for a way to use these sample files? In the User guide it talks about being able to Copy/Paste tables. All I have been able to do is compare the Sample file to any that I have created.

Does some other method exist to try one of the Sample files without manual configurationof a Seperate UDC file?

I am thinking I completely have missed some step somewhere.. Hopefully.

Thanks

I am looking for a way to use these sample files? In the User guide it talks about being able to Copy/Paste tables. All I have been able to do is compare the Sample file to any that I have created.

Does some other method exist to try one of the Sample files without manual configurationof a Seperate UDC file?

I am thinking I completely have missed some step somewhere.. Hopefully.

Thanks

The copy and paste function is not enabled yet by mads..

Thought I might had missed something as I read other posts.. Sounded like others were able to use the Sample files..

Thanks

I mentioned on the Smarty thread (to Brian) that the copy and paste feature does not work, and he replied back that he would look into it.. That was back when the dongle first release happened.. So maybe by next Christmas we'll hear something..

When I wrote my base tune back in mid November I was able to copy the tables out of the sample SSR tunes and paste them into my actual tune I was building if I remember correctly. I don't have my dongle with me right now to double check but I know I copied various SSR map sections and implemented them into my tunes.

Pretty sure you can. Pull up a comparison file that you want to copy from then highlight what rpms your copying, then select the cmp button on the right and it will change your range to that of the file your doing the comparison with.

If you want to do this to multiple load ranges use the echo buttons to select load ranges below , above or all load ranges. (the echo buttons are the 3 grouped across)

I have to agree with you as I just tried this and it worked well... Not a Copy/Paste but still very effective..

Thanks..

But, do you still need a SSR tuner type file as a sample or can you copy another S06 type file to a SSR tune or vise versa? I dont understand why you would not be able to copy maps from programmer to programmer?

Last edited:
Looks like they do need to be the Same program base..

If you try to compare a SO6 to an SSR it gives an error that they are not compatible.

I mentioned on the Smarty thread (to Brian) that the copy and paste feature does not work, and he replied back that he would look into it.. That was back when the dongle first release happened.. So maybe by next Christmas we'll hear something..

This is Brian's reply to copy and paste feature:

"Word from the top is that changes are being made and things are being worked on. Don't hold me to a time line please! Thank You!"

I have been playing with my cruising and boost area (30%-50%). If I hear a little rattle I have been reducing my timing. I still have some smoke in low rpm 1200 range. I can keep reducing my timing but can to much rail pressure cause smoke?

I have been playing with my cruising and boost area (30%-50%). If I hear a little rattle I have been reducing my timing. I still have some smoke in low rpm 1200 range. I can keep reducing my timing but can to much rail pressure cause smoke?

You would be better off reducing the timing in the areas you have smoke, it increases spooling also..

I already 2 degree's below stock in some area's. If my egt's stay low then can I assume I can keep dropping the timing. Is there such a thing as too little timing?

I already 2 degree's below stock in some area's. If my egt's stay low then can I assume I can keep dropping the timing. Is there such a thing as too little timing?

Sorry missed this one... Take a look at the stock timing maps, that should give you an idea of how low you can go..

2005 - HE351/A5K - ARP - Arson lll - 70HP Nozzles

Back