UDC Sample Tunes

I have been messing around twith the Trq Mgmt also.. I like the higher levels up higher in my truck.. That is the nice part of the UDC software. I think from having the stock over S400 series allows me to use a little higher settings without smoke being an issue. It is amazing how strong the truck pulls with the higher levels raised.

Has anyone tried something like this? Results? I am thinking of trying this just to see what would happen.

Attachments

• 100 - trq mgmt.jpg
    100 - trq mgmt.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
That's because your going WOT long before full throttle.. the truck would pull just as strong if you had 100% at 100%, but you have to use the pedal.

As far as how low can you go on timing, I am below stock in a few low rpm/low load places. You will know when you are too low, EGTs will go up, power will go down.

I am not mashing pedal to floor.. When cruising down the road if I roll inot throttle gradually. Going 45-50 locked in OD and then roll into throttle it pulls hard..
This is my current tq mgmt.

Attachments

• Current - trq mgmt.jpg
    Current - trq mgmt.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
I was thinking maybe because of the larger singles this area 50-75 may smoke more on the large single setups and Smoke less on the Compound setup like I have. The other thing different with my configuration is I still have stock injectors so I am probably not dumping the same amount of fuel as others that have 50-70hp sticks also.

I will be loading the tq up with 50-100 at 100 and see how it drives. 90% of the time while I am driving load is under 50% unless I am trying to take off quickly and then am thinking the less trq mgmt the better? We be a fun try if nothing else.. Best part is it is very easy to change it back.

Last edited:
Yes tuning for a large single is much different than compounds or a small single.

The torque really is how hard it fuels at low rpms based on the TPS signal. Stock stops to keep the torque down, but it's still linear. The more linear the TQ is the smoother and more linear the throttle is. If you get to 100% at 100% slowly or aggressively the end result is the same, but one will be easier to drive.. the other more aggressive. It just depends on how you want your truck to react.

Maybe I will try this before snow starts.. Have already loaded truck with the 50-100 at MAX.

Am going to load Smarty with another file that has Tq with even lower settings 0-50 and then gradual up to 100 so I can try both setups.

I do like how the truck is responding..

AH64ID are you still stock sticks and CP3?

well by now having it all figured out has to be getting boring, why not toss a fat S480 under your current turbo, add a second cp3, and some 200 hp injectors in the mix and report back....... gonna be a while before anything else exciting happens, so grab the horns for the new year.

Milkmaze,
How has the UDC worked with your combination?
Has the UDC allowed you to clean up your twin setup?

Have a Silver 62 that I used to run as a single but had to learn to drive around it to control smoke. With what I have seen so far with UDC I am curious if I may be able to use this as my secondary over the S478.

well by now having it all figured out has to be getting boring, why not toss a fat S480 under your current turbo, add a second cp3, and some 200 hp injectors in the mix and report back....... gonna be a while before anything else exciting happens, so grab the horns for the new year.

What, you can't figure the tuning out for yourself :poke:

:Cheer:

just not having the time right now to even drive it, let alone tune it.

I can drive it just about smoke free, a lot has to do with the right foot.

Last edited:
The timing looks higher in the lower rpm sections also?
Not at home for a screenshot but believe mine start lower and slowly increase. I do not have the quick timing rise then lower for the mid to higher load ranges like your image shows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting frustrated. I can not get my truck higher then 65% Engine load on my UG at WOT up a slight incline. Is there any sensor on my truck that could make me to loose power? The truck idles smooth so I am not thinking injectors but I do have 160,000 miles on my F1's.

I have been reading more and more about this, it's a OBDII glitch on the 03's. Several people have reported that it actually goes to 100% (thru other testing), but the OBDII doesn't show it that high.

So I am probably getting to 100% then. I just know My truck is set up like a 2004 and my truck is dead from mid range up both of running SW7 on original Smarty. I beginning to wonder if there is something going on with the 03 ECM. I love the fact the 03's don't have any EPA crap but trying to find a gauge to see what going on is not easy. Maybe smarty can let us record to the Smarty for a 15 seconds to see what we are doing sometime in the future.

So I am probably getting to 100% then. I just know My truck is set up like a 2004 and my truck is dead from mid range up both of running SW7 on original Smarty. I beginning to wonder if there is something going on with the 03 ECM. I love the fact the 03's don't have any EPA crap but trying to find a gauge to see what going on is not easy. Maybe smarty can let us record to the Smarty for a 15 seconds to see what we are doing sometime in the future.

subscribed...

That tune looks like a beast!!

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, it's a bit aggressive :evil but it's within Mads Sample Tune Parameters mostly.. I figure "Comp D" is a good place to post it up.. Now I'm going to work on a tow tune maybe 400 HP area, probably your S06 sample is 90% there for me..

Back