Fuel Economy cam updates

Delivery man left me a real pretty new box yesterday. :evil

I'll work on gettin' it in soon. Anyone else got the new one installed? How's the spool with the timing change?

Delivery man left me a real pretty new box yesterday. :evil

I'll work on gettin' it in soon. Anyone else got the new one installed? How's the spool with the timing change?

What??????? I hope I didn't get taken off of Santa's list.

Just got ahold of Ryan,,,,, Mine is out for delivery..... Going to try and hit the dyno before and after the cam swap.

Last edited:
Got it!!!! Took time off to install the first week of April, hope my injectors make it back by then, it will be close.

I will do an oil pan gasket at the same time so as soon as I get some parts from Snedge, I'll be scheduling with Outlaw Diesel for the swap. :D Hopefully not more than a week or two.

Called the shop today and left a message...hoping to order one of these bad boys.

Jim

I am out of town and Ryan was a little overwhelmed, please try again tomorrow or pm me your contact information and I will get you set up. We only had 5 left on new blanks as of yesterday. I will see if we have any more left as I don't want to sell any regrinds.

Zach

I may be interested in one.. Tryed to pm, your inbox is full.. Shoot me a price, and some info on it please. Thankyou...Trying to make up my mind here.... Thanks- Mike

I may be interested in one.. Tryed to pm, your inbox is full.. Shoot me a price, and some info on it please. Thankyou...Trying to make up my mind here.... Thanks- Mike

I'll PM you his number. He's slammed and hard to get a hold of right now.

My 188-208 cam is scheduled to be put in next Thrusday. I also have a beta program coming for the data logger. Hopefully, much better data for this new one. Got some parts coming from Snedge so all looks good for next week! :D

Im still at 33mpg ish...I've been messing around with delivery valves. Right now im running .22 but im gonna swap in my comps here shortly...than mess around with timing. Currently at 20* might bump it up to 22* since its a little warmer out

WE only have regrinds right now, but I could have some in about 2-4 weeks when our new cams get cut.

Got my injectors back today. Looks like I am right on schedule for the cam install next week. Too freaking bad I had to have all 6 rebuilt. 3 flat out failed and 3 were boarderline junk. Had 80hp tips installed ta boot....

Zach, I've been working on the data logger a lot lately tryin' to get better resoution yet. I have increased it 10 times. I think there is more to be had, but at least I don't have to "smooth" out the raw data now to make a pretty plot.

Previous log:

500msInterval.jpg

Newest log:

50msInterval.jpg

On the RPM coming from the ECM on CAN1 (of the display) I can manage to capture a new value every 50ms. On the boost, drive, and EGT readings coming from the Analog to CAN converter on CAN2, it is holding the value for about 200-250ms before it updates. I switched from using J1939 standard PGN/SPN combos to a "proprietary" they call it PGN where I can jack the resolution to the moon. Pressures are read as 0-6,000 psi (for 0-60) then converted back down by setting resolution as .01 in the display setup. Still working on that....but hey, it beats jotting down numbers onto a napkin off the Edge display. LOL

I'm going to get you comparable logs between the current 178-208 and the new 188-208 with this new configuration. Sorry I didn't you the better data on the stock cam but that probably exist somewhere anyway. I'll do a bobtail and a trailer log for each.

Really appreciate the "beta" testing you are allowing us to do. :D

Got the new injectors in. They are 80 hp injectors Flux 1.6 and I can honestly say with the cam it ate all the extra fuel and wanted more. I could have went bigger.... LOL Max boost was 41 psi and EGT's stayed in check at 1200 deg. I was not running any pressure and before when tuned like this I could only make 37 psi of boost. My wastegate opened at 41 psi and I see no need to change it since my EGT's stayed in check. I will be installing the new updated cam next week. All I can say is WOW...

Installing mine tomorrow. Hope it goes better than last time....LOL Sometimes I have Swole luck........NONE!!! Only with my own stuff though, go figure.

Installing mine tomorrow. Hope it goes better than last time....LOL Sometimes I have Swole luck........NONE!!! Only with my own stuff though, go figure.

This time will be MUCH faster...since the HG is good now. :D