Fuel Economy cam updates

4x4dually, what turbo do you have and the size of the exhaust housing? What is your drive pressures?

Sent from my rooted Velocity Ally

Here's what this crap looks like. Min RPM was 2156 and max was 2437. The RPM needled doesn't even appear to bounce. I can see by the data that it does move, but not much.

FlutterPlot.jpg

Let's put this info here so we don't jack up Zach's thread. :D

Boost vs Drive. Does this look right? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Looks like Monday is going to be my best test day. With all the wind, rain, and unpredictable weather this week I haven't had a good testing day. Suxs

Here's a short burst I decided to log yesterday.

Rolling start in 5th gear @ 63 mph. Logged passing an old Ford diesel trying to pull a skid-steer on a trailer. LOL

It was finally warm enough to open her up. Here are the results. Looks like my waste-gate is bouncing pretty hard.

Maximums from the 18 second run. Edge Juice on 5-5.

Coolant Temp: 198
RPM: 2933
Drive Pressure: 53
Boost Pressure: 41
Oil Pressure: 63
EGT: 1297
APPS%: 98
Speed: 105
%Load: 104
Intake Temp: 109

Not sure how Engine %load can read 104, but that is what it says.

Graph looks nice and smooth until I shift into 6th gear at the 5 second mark then drive pressure starts to hunt.

178QuickRun.jpg

That's an interesting graph. Boost pressure doesn't seem too effected by drive pressure fluctuating like that.

Sent from my iPhone during class

Nope. Makes me wonder if there isn't a lose connection in the drive pressure sensor. I have a new sensor. Going to swap it out this weekend and try again maybe. :D

Still didn't break 3000rpms either.

Nope. Makes me wonder if there isn't a lose connection in the drive pressure sensor. I have a new sensor. Going to swap it out this weekend and try again maybe. :D

Still didn't break 3000rpms either.

Must be a bad ground...

That is the last thing I'm going to do. :D It is all grounded together, if I lost that, I'd lose all the channels. Jaskasses. LOL

Have you checked the ground? To see if any connections are there, all around the truck??

Epically posted via Tapatalk.

Deffinately check that out. ASAP!!!!

Epically posted via Tapatalk.

Zach. I have completed data and plots comparing the stock and 178 cam that I have now. PM me an email and I'll shoot it over to ya.

Basically, the trailer loaded gained very little mpg and the empty trailer actually lost a bit. To many factors...head wind/traffic in OKC/etc and I had to stop 'cause some idiot decided to roll an SUV at Seward road. So basically, I call the "loaded trailer results" for this cam a "wash" as far as mpg goes. It tows so much better, I don't give a rat about the fuel. :D

Logged two seperate trips down I-44 southbound from mile marker 70 to 68 which is up hill with a dip then up another hill. Cruise was set to 73 mph both times. Est gross weight between #22K and #25K. I didn't weight the hay (900-1100 a bale x 9).

Stock cam:
max boost 31
max drive 32
max egt 1243

178-208 cam:
max boost 34
max drive 38
max egt 1292

Got more air but sacrificed a little heat. Still, 1292F up hill for a mile with #25K ain't bad for a single charger, huh?

Economy

Hand calculated between I-35 exit 174 truck stop and Walters exit truck stop on the turnpike. Roughly 155 miles between the two. I'll email the reciepts to ya.

Stock cam loaded trailer 7.968, empty trailer return 10.44

178 cam loaded trailer 8.05, empty trailer return 9.15

Having a little issue with RP, my injectors are coming out to be tested and upgraded. Going with 80hp injectors. We will see what happens to the fuel mileage.