Homemade or Custom cut-off intake/port and polish job.

like i said before..... why dont we port the heelll out of it it and THEN drive in some valve guides like the HUGE aluminum gasser heads??

This would free up a LOT of room in the bowl area.

Keep this thread going. LLLOOOOTTSS of good info and pics coming in here.

Lance

what are you guys running for a gasket? i machined my intake off and now starting on a intake

I use Victor Reinz gasket material, part number JV222. It is a metal impregnanted gasket that will not blow out.

Looks like the one pictured attached to the head.

Ctane027.jpg

sweet thanks for the help! whats up with the linkage on that pump?? that setup looks sweet

Thats a APPS bracket modified to to work on the P/pump. Then I cut a section of 4130CM 1/2 " tube and welded CM rod ends on. Nice part about the whole setup is that, instead of bending over the fender to adjust that silly 10mm bolt and nut for the idle I can do it from the throttle stop on the bracket. With the tube cut to a correct length you can also use the rear of the bracket and a throttle stop thus eliminating the stop on the pump. Even the stock APPS throttle cable is still being used.

Nice work buddy. I like what you have done. You build up a new intake manifold or patch up the old manifold? Looks like a S300 and a S400 series twins set-up. Mines just a hack job in comparison, but as long as it works its all good.:hehe:

64/14/71 over a S480 Race.

The intake I make myself for a fraction of others . Tig welded construction.

Ctane039.jpg

Ctane037.jpg

Ctane041.jpg

Show Off!! :shake: That motor looks even better in person! I can't wait to see it run. Hopefully in Boise on the 17th.......

Very nice! One question though. Why didn't you install another intake port at the rear of your intake? Is it because of the injection lines? I have a friend that wants to do the same thing and was curious.

Very nice! One question though. Why didn't you install another intake port at the rear of your intake? Is it because of the injection lines? I have a friend that wants to do the same thing and was curious.

Correct the lines are an issue plus there is other stuff in the way as well . Single works just fine.

Ctane044.jpg

Now I am scared...

I ported the exhaust side of my manifold...removed hte d shape...but did it in the last 1/2"...did I get to close to the water jacket?

How much is it perfectly round on the bottom of the port?

Close...but just by the last 1/8"...it tapers over 1/2".

Can't do pics right now.

Max torque, did you power coat the entire engine? If you did how do that, did you paint the engine? In pieces, or complete. All I can say is WOW, WOW, I want to do that now. Good job, that some of the best engine detailing that I've seen. You might have to record some video's of it running to get my heart beating again.:rockwoot:

No powder coat just a few coats of Cummins Apex Red. Then let dry overnight. Only thing I don't like about the Cummins paint in any color is that it comes out of the can with alot of overspray and it floats everywhere.

Most all of it was done in pieces . It's all about the details. I'm very meticulous about it. If I'm not happy with it chances are you won't be either.

Meticulous is not the word to describe this man. Max does some really clean work.

I can't believe that its not power coated. Is the intake manifold a welded up unit? I'm gonna build-up a 12v motor, but I want to cut off the intake and build my own to bolt back on. What kinda of boost you planning on running?