winter project

Is the wastegate port welded on? Or a cast one piece as part of the housing? Sorry I can't make it out well enough in the pictures to tell.

Its a welded on flange i made that accepts a 50mm gate.

Thanks, I have seen a few done like that, and thought maybe a turbine manufacturer had picked up on it. Looks like it should be quite the ride, with the same setup as the race truck, but with less then half the weight. :ft:

really cool brad!!!! i cant wait to see it run.. looks like you are close so you going to be running at redding with it?

I'm trying to make it. I still have to get license to go 9.99 and faster. I'm going to take baby steps until I get used to the chassis. Wish me luck. God knows I need it!

Well a couple of cocktails later i had the coolant system plumbed. Got cold in the garage and the small propane heater wasnt cutting it. The fireplace looked really warm and my wife wanted to snuggle.........................So as any man would do i went inside!
20110224211326-1.jpg

20110224211326.jpg

Is the block half filled?

Just curious about the 3/4" lines, I guess your rig is not intended for street use so it doesn't need the big factory sized lines?

Not filled. I think it will be ok for what its going to be used for.

Looks good Brad, can't wait to see it. You think we can get a group discount on the baby steps program, I'm gonna be in it too!

I'll give you a call this week about when I'm gonna head up your way.

Brett

Looks good.

I know a puller in my area that runs that same water pump without any issues.

looks like fun and easy to work on,great workmanship like always Brad ,bad ass. I want a front engine dragster so bad your alter is sweet keep it up.

Thanks guys! Here are some more pics. I got the cooling system plumed, fuel return as well as the fuel inlet to filter plumbed. I also made a dipstick tube bracket and a few odds and ends.
20110227205044.jpg

20110227152203.jpg

20110227152222.jpg

20110227152145.jpg

Freaking awesome! Nice job on the build! I really like how you did your cooling system and I think I might change mine to something similar since it's apart. What kind of water pump did you go with? I'm sure this thing will be a blast to watch let a lone to run. I watched Ryan's car leave many times, and it is nuts! Good luck with the build! Oh yeah, one other thing. Do you happen to have a part number for that oil pan? Thanks.

Last edited:
WOW!! That is an amazing piece of mechanical art work!! :). I dont know anything about those type of dragsters, but I would always love to learn. Such respect for you.