newbie with unique project

Yea I gotcha, I just think we can get much more out of these then the just over 200/400 dyno numbers we get with current aftermarket parts...only reliability issue I think I'll have will be the injection pump (new ideas are being applied, more on that later)

Yea I gotcha, I just think we can get much more out of these then the just over 200/400 dyno numbers we get with current aftermarket parts...only reliability issue I think I'll have will be the injection pump (new ideas are being applied, more on that later)

Don't worry about the critics. Just build the truck you want!

only reliability issue I think I'll have will be the injection pump (new ideas are being applied, more on that later)

Fuel system has been figured out...we will be going with an inline 8 cylinder Bosch p pump....basically the db2/4 failed to get over 150cc of fuel so far...and that wasnt going to cut it. I realize this option changes things quite a bit, but we are prepared for it. Stay tuned for updates/photos

That should make things interesting....just like Bill Jahns' old truck.

Similar, but not identical. Called them up and just for front gear cover/ gear and adapter they wanted $8000 ish......ummm yea right. Well make our own.

It's been siting on the self for 15yrs. No one will buy it, they wouldn't budge much on price

wow, ive been keeping an eye on the thread, and with news of the bosch pump, I'm getting more excited!

In on this idea! All else fails you will have a truck setup for another motor.

It's pretty cool your going with a inline pump. Should be able to make some pretty good power. I was hoping for an update on this thread, in the beginning you were making great progress!

Yea I'm still working on the body work stuff, just slowly. I hope to purchase the pump soon so I can build up engine around that. As you know it's far from bolt on

here are some pics, the f150 is all torn down (sold the engine and tranny last week) so its just the rolling chassis...working on getting that sand blasted/wire wheel then painted. need to graft in the diesel engine front cross member, convert to 2 wheel drive, and build up the 9" rear. im using the f150 for the lighter 1/8" short bed frame compared to the much larger heavy duty diesel frame.

d2708210.jpg

25d68a0b.jpg

cd7698bd.jpg

Purchased a Bosch 7000 series pump today....should be here this week....then we can really get going with the engine

Good to see you're still going with this project....should be mean with a p-pump!

Don't forget about belts too...cheaper than building a front cover.....

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1641713166467266832"]6.5 twin fuelpump diesel tractor[/ame]

Front cover on the 7.3l idi is different compared to the 7.3l psd...idi already has a large 1:1 gear to match the cam. Our current db2 injection pump bolts to this "gear housing" and that's the route we will take...modifying that housing. If that fails then I will look into the belt style...thanks for the heads up on that tho